Author Topic: Translater Program  (Read 2059 times)

Offline omagaalpha

Translater Program
« on: December 21, 2005, 03:53:59 PM »
A free Translate program you can use is at http://translate.google.com/translate_t
it does Portuguese,Spanish,German,French,Italian some more are still in beta

ps: really want do general or news for feel important for poeple to know about
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Translater Program
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 04:42:25 PM »
Are you currently using this program?

It's possible that the language->english isn't great because English is a particularly difficult language to translate into (grammer, syntax, exceptions to rules and whatnot).

Anyway, I do find it difficult sometimes to understand what you're saying but for the most part I can understand what you're trying to say (I hope).

I think it'd be awesome if someone could rip the translator out of Final Fantasy 11... it's particularly good.

Offline omagaalpha

Translater Program
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 05:06:40 PM »
hehehe well I for one use to figure how to unscribe to to email series on  my email acount

Offline Sirbomber

Translater Program
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 05:39:53 PM »
Leeor, it's hard to understand him sometimes because he's got a disability (according to his old sig). I'm sure you didn't mean to insult him or anything though.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
Translater Program
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 05:55:17 PM »
... No... I didn't mean to do that. I didn't notice the sig... it wasn't standing out.

Geez, I'm sorry. I apologize for my unawareness...  :unsure:  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 05:56:22 PM by leeor_net »

Offline lordly_dragon

Translater Program
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 09:11:51 PM »
Are you currently using this program?

It's possible that the language->english isn't great because English is a particularly difficult language to translate into (grammer, syntax, exceptions to rules and whatnot).

Anyway, I do find it difficult sometimes to understand what you're saying but for the most part I can understand what you're trying to say (I hope).

I think it'd be awesome if someone could rip the translator out of Final Fantasy 11... it's particularly good.
DUDDE

english is nothing in term of exeption compare to FRENCH.

i got a 5 page composition in french and in english well.. in french i did more mistake while using dictionary and every tool at my disposal than in english without nothing...

the only problem of english: lack of precision  (thumbsdown)  

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline omagaalpha

Translater Program
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 04:50:29 AM »
lol leoner never saw my sig damn neeed make bigger, and no leoner you did not insult me by way :P

ps: is my sig better now
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 04:52:47 AM by omagaalpha »

Offline Leviathan

Translater Program
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 06:29:04 AM »
Its a good program, ive used it before :)

And happy to have you with us omagaalpha.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Translater Program
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 05:30:11 PM »
hey, i know english, dutch, german and some french, and i can say english has by far much easier grammar then the others mentioned above.
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
Translater Program
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2005, 12:44:19 PM »
What's difficult about English is getting it perfect accoring to the grammar/syntax rules... I can't think of anyone that can speak perfect English... I definatly can't. I use shortcuts all the time.

Personally what makes English wierd for me is the simple fact that it started off as a Germanic language and ended up being a conglomeration of every other language (figuratively speaking) so the rules that apply to some words don't apply to others... and so on.

I've been told that it's easy to learn to speak English. That seems to be the general consensus... I could be wrong though...  :heh:  

Offline Mez

Translater Program
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 06:11:55 AM »
I have been informed that it is easy to learn the basic rules of english, but it is far harder to master or to speak properly because lots of words have exceptions to the rules.

Offline lordly_dragon

Translater Program
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 03:06:08 PM »
I have been informed that it is easy to learn the basic rules of english, but it is far harder to master or to speak properly because lots of words have exceptions to the rules.
first of all, english have about 1% of the actual number of exeption that the French language have.. it is really easy to learn english when you only speak french but really hard to learn french when you speak english the english is a language where a word have many signification. in french it is more hum powerfully descriptive as a language there is mutch tone like for instance: beautifull  in english would be majestueux, jolie, craquante, magnifique ... and i skip some (all the basic same signification with little difference) in french

and the grammar is really really nasty more than in english. so to conclude French is a precision language that is harder than english but offer a better possibility to manipulate the word and sentences  

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Translater Program
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2005, 06:04:52 PM »
Hey, that's not a bad translator.

I'm gonna saw Chinese has really easy grammer. There is none of that verb congugation nonsense.  (thumbsdown)  Not much in the way of gender differences either. The words for him and her have the same pronounciation. It's only in the written form that the characters differ (slightly). Anyways, simple grammer. A lot of the word order even matches how many people would say things in English too, although, there are a few oddities.

Anyways, I ramble long time.  ;)