Author Topic: The Ultimate Riddle  (Read 2365 times)

Offline zanco

The Ultimate Riddle
« on: December 29, 2005, 01:33:11 AM »
Alright.
I am about to reopen this Category, but With something I tried to make as origianal as possible (Hopefully).
The reward for anybody who is going to solve it will be 1000 Ore !!! Well, it will sort of be split, but that doesn't matter.

Here comes the Story or shall say the whole enigmatic riddle.

Mister Algus, owner of the RiddleHack inc., has gathered all his employees and potential employees (including you) for something that he referred to as "very important, and mysterious."

Mister Algus: I have gathered all of you today because we have experienced a loss... Mike, one of our most witted employee has dissapeared few days. He was working on conceiving the Ultimate Riddle the one that will be entertaining and will help the growth of our company ... my company, which you all know is having a lot of difficulties. We believe that Mike was able to come up with such Riddle but misteriously dissappeared. On his desk, we saw the current message

"suck, it can suck you..."

The only few things we know is that he was working a lot and was always connected to the Goron server which was and currently is used for some suspicious activities. What we want YOU to do is hack the "Goron server" , find Mike or the Riddle he came up with post it (you will get 800 Ore for that), and Solve it (you will get 200 Ore).
To do so, we have modified what Mike used to work with and has equipped it with a special Jam-signal software in case something unfortunate had to happen with you as well. If You come to my office, you can get it.  Thanks again for your help and be careful. By the way, you all get a raise of .82% on your salary ... if of course you don't contact the cop.

Zanco Talking Now: I challenge all of you (except Freeza) to solve this one. Post only the riddle (if you ever find it) or the answer.
Some hint or help I can give you is: use the ".help" command to begin and if for example you are aked a question, only give the answer in one word unless you are going to chat with someone...
For example, if you have:
Question: a question yada yada yada?
Answer: answer

The "answer" is in one word.
Also, you can use ".quit" or ".exit" to exit the program or ".reset" to reset it... in case you want to restart all over again and don't worry, it will save your progress.

Special Thanks to Freeza who helped me Link and beta-test this program.

Edit: New link with almost all the bugs fixed. Thx people
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 05:41:58 PM by zanco »
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Mez

The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 05:00:06 PM »
Managed to crash teh program ( I can replicate the crash, sending you the details via PM as i could spoil part of the game for others.)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 05:55:57 PM »
it crashed completely on me twice

hmmm...let's see...what kind of coding/compileing does zanco use...
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 07:03:52 PM »
this is cute, zanco. Nice work :thumbsup:

BTW: you want me to play along with it, or just hack it and give you the riddle right away ? :lol:

[EDIT]  ok - that wasn't too bad. I got your riddle, but the program crashes when you try to load the big boobies...
PS: do i post the riddle.txt here to get my 800 credits ? :P

the answers are:
1) the truth ("i don't know")
2) 9, 6 and 2

... in playing with your little game, i found something i wanted to do for a very long time now (more than a decade ago the idea crossed my mind). And i may still do it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 08:09:12 PM by Eddy-B »
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 09:27:45 PM »
Hehe, I will donate an extra... oh maybe 7,500 ore to the reward pool. Zanco, let me know the specifics :)

stormy :op2:
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline zanco

The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 09:27:54 PM »
Managed to crash teh program ( I can replicate the crash, sending you the details via PM as i could spoil part of the game for others.)

Hmm... I should have spent more time on it, I did that over night you know, it was something I wanted to come true. :) Well, you can send me the details via PM. I will do better next time.

BTW: you want me to play along with it, or just hack it and give you the riddle right away ?

lol, No I want you to play around with it.

[EDIT] I got your riddle, but the program crashes when you try to load the big boobies...

lol, Did that on purpose... you should have forseen that ;p

the answers are:
1) the truth ("i don't know")
2) 9, 6 and 2

Nice Work Eddy-B! That was fast. I am impressed. Don't post the riddle first, Maybe let other people play around first. And If you could pm me all the steps you follow to solve this riddle, That would be good.

To All: I have obviously underestimate yourselves! When I was thinking about all the riddle, I was worried that they will be too difficult or not too obvious to solve (or maybe Eddy-B) is really Good. That's a good thing; next time, I won't hold back. And again, this is not about my programming skills lol. I just wanted to make something fast and entertaining. Next version will be better, for I will spent more time on it and not do it in a snap.

Well, aside from the programming itself, it would be nice if you-all tell me if it was a good idea or not :) (the owner of RiddleHack inc. would be happy)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:05:38 AM by zanco »
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline CK9

• Administrator
The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 10:04:29 PM »
...okay...wth, I've tried everything I could think of...zanco, are you srewing with me here with that hint from the gaurdian angel?
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Eddy-B

The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »
So where's my reward ?
i did hear something about 1000 ore ???  :lol:
--------------------

Offline zanco

The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 09:08:19 PM »
So where's my reward ?
i did hear something about 1000 ore ???

It's coming, it's coming. Next time I will make sure that I write somewhere, "Please play the game, and don't hack it even if it is named RiddleHack." So 1000 Ore your way.

I will still give 800 Ore to whoever pm me all the steps you should have followed if you were actually playing the game.  
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 04:02:51 PM »
lol, figures Eddy would hack it.

So Zanco..., need any help in making it non hackable?  ;)  

Offline CK9

• Administrator
The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 05:41:53 PM »
I think there should be a way of encrypting it that makes it give a false answer when hacked, lol
CK9 in outpost

Offline Eddy-B

The Ultimate Riddle
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 07:36:53 PM »
already working on it ck9 (and hooman)
--------------------