Author Topic: Moogle's Bannedness  (Read 5312 times)

Offline zanco

Moogle's Bannedness
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 03:59:37 AM »
I guess this was after all a good opportunity to talk about Haxtor behaviour with everybody beeing able to understand why he has been banned.

Still, I don't think the authority of the OPs was the question here. This was just a poll to see who was thinking wether or not the ban should be removed... Just like a petition (not really) you send in the whole neighborhood in order to be heard. "We" or some just wanted to see if the ban decision was fair or not, and I believe with all the evidences Freeza has brought, the ban was justified ...

It will be nice if 1)HaXtor says he was sorry and 2) the OP's remove the ban.

[EDIT] OMG!! I just listened to the TS file...  :lol:  
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:07:32 AM by zanco »
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Moogle's Bannedness
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 05:45:19 AM »
We're not voting to ban him, we're voting to unban him.
My comment was in reference to this comment:
You may have considered making a poll to ban Moogle with all the evidence before actually doing it.

Leeor seems to have expressed many of my thoughts quite clearly here.

It is also not acceptable for an op to simply ignore someone. The ops are there so they can enforce rules. If they're ignoring someone, they don't know if they're breaking the rules and so wouldn't be able to enforce them. If things have degraded to that point the person should most likely be kicked or banned.

If people are breaking the rules or causing trouble, they need to be dealt with.
f it.
f it? And you expect to appeal a ban with that attitude?

How can I break rules that are constantly changeing over time?

I've asked for the rules to be listed several times.

But it seems that the rules only apply to non-ops. All the time I see ops breaking the rules, Why can't I?
You have been repeatedly told the rules over and over, yet you still don't listen. Everytime you are warned about a rule you are breaking, you don't just ignore the ops, but openly insult them and continue to defy them.

Also, if you see someone else breaking a rule, that does not give you permission to do so. In particular, if you see Lev cloning, there is little the rest of us can do about it. Lev "owns" the channel, so we can't ban him from it. Yes, we've brought this issue up with him before. Not that this even matters for your case at hand because again, someone else breaking the rules does not give you permission to do so. If you wish to protest, do so in another thread so as not to cloud the current issue here.

As for that whole cloning issue and rules surrounding it, (ignoring an earlier event when you were clearly told not to clone), there is the following event. IRC logs.

In particular, there are the following two parts (most of the swearing is in the rest of the log):
-23:00:12- (@OPU|ZigZagJoe) only way cloning is accpetable is if it is from a diff loc
-23:00:14- (@OPU|ZigZagJoe) yepper
-23:00:20- (@OPU|Freeza-CII) try to have only one on here at a time pls
-23:00:24- (@OPU|ZigZagJoe) ex. different connection
-23:00:26- (@OPU|ZigZagJoe) yes
-23:00:44- (+MoogleLaptopHax) well im in my room my pc is in the bacement so they are in different locations
-23:00:49- • +CK9 pictures OPU|ZigZagJoe nodding along as OPU|Freeza-CII talks
-23:00:55- (@OPU|Freeza-CII) moogle that dont fly
-23:01:10- (@OPU|ZigZagJoe) but they connect from the same connection; so no pls kill one
-23:01:18- (+CK9) moogle same location = same house
-23:01:25- (+MoogleLaptopHax) brb then
-23:01:29- (@OPU|ZigZagJoe) yes
-23:01:30- (@OPU|ZigZagJoe) ty
-23:01:31- (+CK9) *groan*
-23:01:38- (@OPU|Freeza-CII) hmmm
-23:01:39- (+CK9) he's just going to go outside

-23:06:45- ¹¹º¹ Join» (MoogleKupo) (~SuckitBit@cpe-69-204-122-130.rochester.res.rr.com)
-23:06:50- (MoogleKupo) hey
-23:06:54- (MoogleKupo) im on a different
-23:06:57- (MoogleKupo) location
-23:07:00- (MoogleKupo) b****!
-23:07:01- (@OPU|Freeza-CII) MoogleKupo no cloning
-23:07:07- (@OPU|Freeza-CII) are you still in your house
-23:07:13- (MoogleKupo) no
-23:07:18- (@OPU|Freeza-CII) Right
-23:07:20- (MoogleKupo) im in my boxers in the snow
-23:07:22- (+CK9) are you still on the property your house is on?
-23:07:22- (@OPU|Freeza-CII) i dont buy it
-23:07:28- (MoogleKupo) in my neighbors front yard

Do I really have to explain? Get a clue. Don't piss off the ops and waste their time with this idiocy. This is not the proper way to deal with a rule you don't agree with. You don't continually break the rule and insult the ops hoping to change their minds.

And anyone who thinks our set of rules should have to explicitly say, "no cloning from the same house, or from your neighbors front yard while standing in the snow in your boxers" should be banned for idiocy.  <_<

As for trying to gain sympathy, it's not going to work. Allowing you back because people take pity on you would be sending the wrong message. What you've been doing is wrong and won't be tolerated. You can't simply weasle your way out of this situation by making people feel sorry for you. You HAVE to stop what you've been doing. Think about your situation Moogle. You're not in it for no reason. If you're trying to lay blame elsewhere it only tells us that you're not ready to come back.

Offline Leviathan

Moogle's Bannedness
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 05:58:14 AM »
Of chorse we want you back hence we have given you chanchs, but you have broken them and then got baned.

If you dont cross the line you dont get baned. Everyone else seams to be ok with it and has not been baned.

I do think we need to put irc rules up somtime but genraly its common sence.

Thx for your post Leeor :)

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Moogle's Bannedness
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2005, 12:26:10 PM »
I think moogle was a bit crazy. I mean, calm down! Stop the swearing, the stabbing; I got stabbed myself, Although I think i reacted in a good way.

All I can say is, if you have good behaviour moogle, you will get back in at some point. Don't mess it up again!

Nothing personal

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Sirbomber

Moogle's Bannedness
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2005, 12:36:44 PM »
We're not voting to ban him, we're voting to unban him.
My comment was in reference to this comment:
You may have considered making a poll to ban Moogle with all the evidence before actually doing it.

I know, just a little joking around. It seems you missed it though... Oh well.

I think we can all agree that this isn't going anywhere good, and I think it's served its purpose. Maybe somebody should close it soon?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline zhukant

Moogle's Bannedness
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2005, 08:59:35 PM »
This topic has served its purpose. We understand the decision enforced by the administration, and are able to verify its rightfullness. With this said, the topic must be closed, the poll aborted, and the results anulled. I call upon an administrator to proceed thus forthwith.
I serve to the benefit of the people, and visibly, this was an error. Your forgiveness for my actions would be welcomed - I did not realize this to be mutiny. I withdraw from this place I have given myself, thinking to be the protector of the community, as I see it is not mine to use, for I know nothing. I trust the administration, and hope they have confidence in their actions. Forgive me once more.

zhukant

--

Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline Mez

Moogle's Bannedness
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2005, 05:16:03 PM »
-- Poll removed complety, it is not fair on Moogle that it remains on the forum for all to see. --