Poll

Eden Nitrogen Oil grenade & Plymouth X-ray

Good Idea?
7 (46.7%)
Bad Idea?
8 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Weapon Idea  (Read 9422 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2005, 04:15:51 PM »

Machine guns are not plauseble because they cant do s*** to armor.

Air Units can not work on New Terra because of the Atmosphere.  The best you could have is a Sub orbital bomber but i think that takes away from the game alot and makes it more like C&C.

Well he reason there isnt alot of spider tech is because Eden can own all spiders in range.  And they are to slow.  The Crab unit is a Idea i gave the Genesis people.  Its a 1/3 Starflare blast.  The idea is that it uses its claws to latch on to the armor and then blow up lol.  Mostly the reason you cant have alot of techs for Arachnid units is that there Size.  Mostly I could see a speed upgrade.  And a heat dissipation or Refinded lens that would make the laser fire a tile further.

Along the lines of making like Thor scorps and such that is just bs they dont have the power plants to do such a thing.  At best i think the Sticky would work lol.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2005, 05:09:39 PM »
lets keep this as simple and unintrusive as we can, you started this to make 2 weps, and thats what were going to do, starting to make new weps and vecs will only mess the game up even more

remember, the entire point of this is to help balance op2, lets not go overboard
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2005, 08:11:10 PM »
yes but like all threads this one has suffered the fate of dreams and debate lol.

Ya I plan on sticking with the Nitrogen Cannon and the X-ray.

But is seems people dont really like it that much.  I guess they just dont like eden and giving them a chance is going to f*** up how they play instead of trying to work around it.  but damages and ranges wont be exactly the same as there counter part like every other weapon in op2.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Weapon Idea
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2005, 02:56:23 AM »
Actually Freeza, even if you give Plymouth a Thor's Hammer like unit, you won't solve the balance issue of High Mark games.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2005, 07:28:42 AM »
Duplicating weapons won't solve anything. It'll likely unbalance things more. Remember that Plymouth has those annoying EMP missiles and such, and Eden has other unique perks. Don't try to make them have the same exact things (just with different approaches), or they'll both essentially be the same colony, just with different GFX.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2005, 11:47:41 AM »
The only way it will be thors hammer like will be the range and rate of rife.  The only thing that resemble each other is the Sticky and Cold Cannon.

Yes i know ply still has the damn EMP missile.  People that rely on it usually do so because there afraid of thor.  And any one that uses 20 missile in a row on the same spot just to punch throught the met def is complete BS.

Any way i am going to add these to different copy of op2 i am not trying to add this to the game and demaned every one like it and use it.

As far as the EMP missile is concerned I have a Idea about that.  It involves the Eden starport.  A interceptor missile that you have to launch manually. it will kill any missile. but you have to do it manually.  Adding the human factor of launching it make it interesting and alot better then a AI launching it.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Weapon Idea
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2005, 06:25:27 PM »
Why take away Plymouths best weapon ?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2005, 08:31:02 PM »
did i take it away no i didnt i made a counter measure. that has to be launched manualy thus human error or speed would be involved.  Also because alot of dip s***s abuse the EMP missile by using a s*** load at once.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2005, 09:02:13 PM »
but eden already has a counter measure, of corse it cant be used to protect an attacking force, but it can sucessfuly protect your defence force from getting emp'd
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2005, 10:36:09 PM »
yes but it needs to be fixed or some thing because people punch through it with multi missiles.

I was thinking of  outter colony def. more then the inner because i think its bs that your whole armada is taken down with one shot.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2005, 10:45:05 PM »
well according the polls people arnt likeing the origional changes, so I doubt adding more will help your cause

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Weapon Idea
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2005, 07:23:12 AM »
Freeze, really.. Your getting way out of line now I think.

Adding a few weapons would be good, at least if they were well thought through before adding them. However what your getting at here would completely change the gameplay of OP2.

I'm really not one to lecture people about how this game is to be played, but really, if you knew the game as well as I do, you would understand these ideas isn't gonna do much good.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2005, 06:47:58 PM »
Well you assume I dont know s*** about the game according to that responce. but what ever.

I have to keep adding to it because you people keep saying well they have this and they have that.  All I simply wanted to do was add a few units to balance power.  No reason to insult me

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2005, 08:20:44 PM »
It's way more like carbon copying power.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Weapon Idea
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2005, 10:05:40 PM »
aircraft are possible on new terra. the end.

why would they not be? contrary to popular belief new terra does have an atmosphere, its thin and mostly co2. exactly like mars. guess what? mars aircraft are possible, have been designed and a mission using one is set to launch in 2012 by the esa.

there is nothing saying aircraft isnt possible. especially since the term aircraft is vague and doesnt have to mean aircraft the way we think of them on earth.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2005, 10:07:21 PM »
why would they not be? contrary to popular belief new terra does have an atmosphere, its thin and mostly co2.
And the Blight apparently released oxygen (dioxygen) and water (dihydrogen monoxide) into the atmosphere.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2005, 10:16:28 PM »
makeing it much thicker, still there is a huge difference between small flying probes and bombers designed to carry tens of thousands of pounds of bombs, but nothing is impossible

but still aircraft just dont feel very op2, mabe air units in op3, but not op2

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Weapon Idea
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2005, 03:00:12 AM »
Well this seems to be going no where so i am going to close it thanks for the input and such.