Author Topic: Community Colony Games?  (Read 2693 times)

Offline spirit1flyer

Community Colony Games?
« on: November 26, 2005, 01:19:09 PM »
I was thinking maybe we could do a game were everyone can play.  We could do it so everyone has maybe 500 game clicks "or less or more" they play and then they upload it for the next player.  We can see who did the most in 500 clicks and see who did the least  :P
I would like to get this going maybe we could have a subforum for it too.

What do you think?

spirit

edit:   we should have a 10 game click limit of going over 500 clicks or under.
We should have hard versions going and easy versions.  we can have the people who want to play in a list in order of when they are going to play. and if they are playing hard version or easy.  
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 01:30:32 PM by spirit1flyer »
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Community Colony Games?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 02:20:10 PM »
Great idea spirit :D.

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline spirit1flyer

Community Colony Games?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 04:41:21 PM »
so Stormy you would be willing to play in this?
and what level of hardness would you play on? or would you just play on any of them?

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline zigzagjoe

Community Colony Games?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 12:06:01 AM »
er, what? are you saying like get a savegame, upload it to various ppls in succession after they have played for 500 marks, or clicked 500 times? if its clicked 500 times how are you going to measure that accuratly and make sure ppls stick to it?  I do like the idea tho.

Offline spirit1flyer

Community Colony Games?
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 12:12:17 AM »
er, what? are you saying like get a savegame, upload it to various ppls in succession after they have played for 500 marks,  or clicked 500 times? if its clicked 500 times how are you going to measure that accuratly and make sure ppls stick to it? I do like the idea tho. 

okay! okay!     I used the wrong word   :P

I mean mark 500  :blush:  

would you play too?

spirit

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Community Colony Games?
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 12:26:18 AM »
with my luck I would end up with starting with no ore to do anything with...
what about the people who suck at op2? I dont want to have to fix a broken colony

Offline zigzagjoe

Community Colony Games?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 12:28:34 AM »
ah, i c spirt. yeah, what haxtor mentioned is kinda a issue. as far as measuring marks goes; piece of cake. it wouldnt be too hard to make a signiture from a computer's hw to do that, and you could probly make it do a scrshot ul if ur rly good.

Offline spirit1flyer

Community Colony Games?
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 12:56:03 AM »
ah, i c spirt. yeah, what haxtor mentioned is kinda a issue. as far as measuring marks goes; piece of cake. it wouldnt be too hard to make a signiture from a computer's hw to do that, and you could probly make it do a scrshot ul if ur rly good.

no need to do that.  If person A plays it for 500 marks and then uploads it, thats how it should go. But if person B downloads it and plays it till its at mark 1200 or something like that. Person B will have to play it again or forfeit it to another player. and lets say that person B does it again. We could make a post black marking him as a person who does play by the rules. Also the people playing and what order they would play in would be decided by whoever is placed in charge of this, maybe me.

with my luck I would end up with starting with no ore to do anything with...
what about the people who suck at op2? I dont want to have to fix a broken colony

to make sure that people will not do that we can have levels of ablity and those people who do that will stay at the lowest level.  So if you are level 1 you can only play with a person from level 1 but if you are a level 2 you could chose to say you don't mind playing with a lower level person.
At first you may run into something like that but just report it and problems will be dealt with. And we will always have the records in saved game files

keep the stuff coming guys

spirit
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 12:57:03 AM by spirit1flyer »

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Community Colony Games?
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 02:05:06 AM »
Hmm, interesting idea. I don't much like having to pass the saved game file around though. That's a bit of a pain. But yeah, that could be sorta cool.

Offline spirit1flyer

Community Colony Games?
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 10:13:39 AM »
Hmm, interesting idea. I don't much like having to pass the saved game file around though. That's a bit of a pain. But yeah, that could be sorta cool.

well we don't have another way of doing it so that will have to work :P
or you could just play a multiplayer game  :unsure:  

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Community Colony Games?
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 01:09:39 PM »
You could just write a DLL that transfers data to and from the internet, for example the mission data.

That way you could force someone to stick to the 500 marks limit as well, since the game could terminate at mark 500.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Community Colony Games?
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »
so if were playing this sequencially (player A playing for 500, and than player B starting where player A left off) than it seems it would get easier as it goes along, because player A would have to establish the coloney, get the ore supply, stabolise morale and population, and set up an effective defence, while player B would start out will all of that established, they may wish to destroy the AI coloney, but that would leave player C with nothing but housekeeping

so as you can see, it gets more boreing as you go along (this is my opinion, I like the early coloney play the best, and I think it gets boreing when all you do is build agradome, residence, med center, MHD, DIRT, Forum, agradome, residence...)
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline spirit1flyer

Community Colony Games?
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 02:03:08 PM »
You could just write a DLL that transfers data to and from the internet, for example the mission data.

That way you could force someone to stick to the 500 marks limit as well, since the game could terminate at mark 500.

if I had any idea how to do that I might but I don't know how. And I don't think you have the time  ;)

would you make a subforum for this new game idea so maybe I can get it going?  maybe in this forum or another?

spirit

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Community Colony Games?
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 10:01:25 PM »
That DLL idea where it sends data to the internet is actually kinda cool. Although, who wants to find the time for it?  <_< And yeah, I think Betaray has a point there. The early game part is the most fun. Seems like there wouldn't be much to do after the first two ot three people have played. I tend to finish most colony games in fewer than 2000 or 2500 time marks. (Like the long drawn out, taking my time just for the heck of it type games). With 500 mark turns, that's at most 5 people playing.

Offline spirit1flyer

Community Colony Games?
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 10:42:05 PM »
maybe we should make the time less then.  I did say we could change it  So what amount of time sounds good? 100 marks? 200?

and to make things more fun we could assign goals that the player has to do and set things he can't do. Like destory all of the AI base or cripple them.

I am a slow player so I might have some weak fighting units just coming out at mark 500 so I thought 500 was a good amount of time  :P

All of the rules and that such can be changed. Nothing is set in stone

spirit
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 10:44:52 PM by spirit1flyer »

Loyal Xfir supporter