Author Topic: Colony Wars Gui  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Leviathan

Colony Wars Gui
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:50:06 AM »
I want the GUI for colony wars to look like Outpost 2. The menus of Outpost 2 i think, not the in game silver GUI.

Anyone wanna help with the design?

Anyone wanna suggest the layout for each section/window.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Colony Wars Gui
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 03:06:37 AM »
the question is do you want any visual effects like a real time map of your colony.
If so i would use some thing like the OP2 window only no mini map and the scrolling would only be limited to your colony depending on how much land you have.  I would say 800x600 window.  With the side bar that would work like op2 when you select buildings and such.  When you click on the CC it should give you you the options of attacking and setting how many you want to defend and other such things that really wouldnt belong on another building.

Offline Leviathan

Colony Wars Gui
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 03:12:26 AM »
I realy like you ideas and i do want a real op2 style GUI at some point. Well i want that colony view option :D Would totaly rock :D

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Colony Wars Gui
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 02:07:17 PM »
Well as for the skinning itself, I've almost totally figured out how the odasl.dll skinning system works for OP2. I just have to test it to see if I can get it to work on my own program.

So you could just use the odasl.dll + a cut down version of op2shres.dll (all you need is the skin bitmaps, etc. Or you could possibly compile those into your own program)

Well, to suggest the layout: You should post a list of what types of windows are needed.

Offline Leviathan

Colony Wars Gui
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 03:35:22 PM »
Ok ive decided on the main menu

Status
Reports
Explore
Construction
Research
Military
Scout
Invade
Communication
Sector
News
Rankings
Preferences

Most of these would include more than one screen.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Colony Wars Gui
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 04:33:16 PM »
sounds good when do you think  you will have some thing that we can all drool at?

Offline Leviathan

Colony Wars Gui
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 04:44:01 PM »
2-3 weeks hopefully.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Colony Wars Gui
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 05:14:08 PM »
i am very good at gui design the problem is once again programming. i can design my heart out but implimenting it and working it into the game structure would be difficult for me.

Offline Leviathan

Colony Wars Gui
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 05:20:46 PM »
i dont think it would be that difficult if ur willing to design the gui. first ill need to show you what each screen has on it.

and great work op2hacker :)