Author Topic: Funky Graphic Phenomena  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Funky Graphic Phenomena
« on: November 16, 2005, 05:48:02 PM »
Hm... Ok Here's the story. I went into OP2 Art Viewer (the one by cynex lol), and extracted a pic of the ConVec. When I put it into Blender, the color had changed from Blue to RED! How the heck did this happen? a bug in the viewer? Or something deep inside OP2... lol

The reason the image isn't cropped smaller is because I want you to see the frame # and the pic's information.

Here's the pics

This is the picture in Blender. I'm using it as a reference for my modeling.

This here is my desktop and stuff (yes that is a custom made background :P) Anyway, it has the OP2 Art Viewer showing that same image. If you need more info on the pic let me know.. I"ll get a screen of that and crop it down.

Stormy :op2:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 01:55:41 PM by Stormy »
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 06:11:33 PM »
first things first, how did you get a viewable imige? all I ever get are garbled pixels
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:48:41 PM »
It's related to the player color I think. I'm not sure why it came out differently than displayed though. But yeah, those colors will get changed depending on the player. For each player, it uses a different offset into a player color palette. Is there an option when saving about what player color to use?

Offline Stormy

Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:45:23 PM »
Nope, and I don't see multiples of that pic, so it can't have 6 different colors of the same thing, at least I don't see it that way.

Offline Sirbomber

Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 07:47:28 PM »
I heard of this before, it's a technical thing. I think the game and art viewer see it differently then other programs do. Of course, this was a few years ago and I have no idea how I remember that. So don't quote me on that.

And besides, what's the problem with Red Eden? Red Eden > all other colors.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 07:47:54 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 08:26:35 PM »
Well, if it bothers you that much, you can always try adjusting the palette yourself. The player colors can be found in a bitmap within maps.vol I think. One of the ones that isn't well00??.bmp. It might be color.bmp, I can't remember. You could replace corresponding palette entries. Although, I'm sure the process would be a pain in the butt, and you might have many images you want to fix. (This probably isn't much help, is it?)

I might take another look at graphics sometime. But I can't do too much at the moment. School is keeping me way too busy. :(

Offline Stormy

Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 09:22:19 PM »
Nah, it doesn't bother me. It's just something funky that happened as I started a new model today.

Stormy :op2:

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 01:49:20 PM »
Yes, it's color.bmp.

Remember that the bitmaps use 256 color palettes. The first 24 colors of the bitmap are used as the player color. (Multiples of 24 in color.bmp used as the player)

So yes, if you want to change the color, just copy 24 entries from color.bmp over the first 24 in the bitmap.

And this is precisely how OP2 displays for all 6 colors.

Also, I don't get how people are having problems with the art viewer? It's worked perfectly fine for me since Cynex first gave me a copy long ago.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 01:51:17 PM by op2hacker »

Offline dave_erald

Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 08:52:44 PM »
I'm sure this has nothing to do with what you people are talking about here but, what the hell is Outpost 3 and where do i get it? Don't worry i'm full of stupid questions i assure you. :huh:  
-David R.V.

-GMT400 fan
-OPU Influencer

Offline spirit1flyer

Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 08:57:56 PM »
I'm sure this has nothing to do with what you people are talking about here but, what the hell is Outpost 3 and where do i get it? Don't worry i'm full of stupid questions i assure you. 

well its not out yet so you can't get it ;)

here's some links for you to look at http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showforum=53
http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showforum=55
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 08:59:36 PM by spirit1flyer »
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Stormy

Funky Graphic Phenomena
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 09:45:24 PM »
I'm sure this has nothing to do with what you people are talking about here but, what the hell is Outpost 3 and where do i get it? Don't worry i'm full of stupid questions i assure you. :huh:
Go here:

Outpost Genesis Homepage