Author Topic: New Natfix Test  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
New Natfix Test
« on: September 20, 2005, 10:07:09 PM »
We're currently testing a new version of the NatFix patch. This new version should require no setup or maintenance by the user.

It be nice if a few people who play OP2 try out the patched exe I've put up. It's kinda advised that everyone playing use the same exe though, so be sure to check if the people you are playing are gonna be using the new patch as well. It's not exactly entirely compatible with the old patch. For that reason, I've written up some instructions on installing/using the patch (and what trouble might occur if you try using it without reading the instructions  <_< ). The file convers both conflicts with an older version of NatFix on your computer, and what will likely happen if you play against someone using a difference version of NatFix.

The relevant files are:
Instructions
Patched EXE

So, hopefully constantly updating your external IP address to use will become a thing of the past.  :)

Reply with any test results, be they success or failure.

Offline thablkpanda

New Natfix Test
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 10:17:14 PM »
It WORKS!!

Props to hooman, saves me some serious time (checking my ip, patching it in, pressing the button.. lol)

Panda.  

Offline Leviathan

New Natfix Test
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 04:58:14 AM »
I have allready tested this and its great :)

But yes, Hooman needs more people to test it because there may be a few cases where it wont work.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Natfix Test
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 07:39:11 PM »
I tested it with panda worked like a f***ing dream.  Hooman needs a dollar for this one.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
New Natfix Test
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 11:38:43 PM »
Anyone else interested in testing this one? It'd be nice to have a bit more feedback. I know the links to the exe are broken now, but I'm unable to fix them at the moment. If someone is interested, I can send the patched exe directly.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
New Natfix Test
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 12:42:36 PM »
Would love to help in the testing... but I don't know if I have time to play a full game of OP2.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
New Natfix Test
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 08:37:32 PM »
Yeah, I don't really have the time to play a bunch of games either. I've kinda done all the "short" tests that I can think of. I'm pretty sure it's good, but it'd be nice if people would do some testing with long games just to be absolutely sure.

Offline spirit1flyer

New Natfix Test
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 11:03:42 PM »
next time I get a chance to play a game I will test the long game part for you  :P  
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter