Author Topic: New Map Idea, It's Cool.. Don't Steal It.  (Read 1599 times)

Offline thablkpanda

New Map Idea, It's Cool.. Don't Steal It.
« on: October 19, 2005, 08:00:17 PM »
Yo.. Mr. Panda up in here, about to show you the hottest new map idea ever... lol here's my 'layout' and before you ask, i'm NOT drunk. I just don't draw well without a touchscreen.. view it and view the comments.

Imageshack owns.

Now- the little Green area is supposed to be the player's main base. Like Cmd Center, agridomes, Nurseries, stuff required for main-game.

The DARK blue is a Vehicle Factory, possibly two of them.. still unsure about that.

The LIGHT blue is a Cmd Center and a Garage (separate units of course, but I didn't want to use PINK, the only other available color, that was nearby)

I'll edit the boundaries (BLACK LINES = IMPASSIBLE BOUNDARIES) for fairness later- this is a rough-sketch (version .000.000.001 alpha. lol)

The whole theory is that you build up till a certian mark, and then let all your units out in a strategic 'gurreila' (I can't spell right now) warfare-like scenario. It may be hard to explain, but I'm sure my fellow long-game players will like it.

The garage(s) and vech facs near the entrance are to build up your army while in-battle, so you can return for repairs, and stuff like that... And Gurrila warfare is cool. I'm sure this will be played kinda often. But anyway, I'm VERY open to suggestions, and CONSTRUCTIVE critisism(sp?) so anyone that has anything to contribute, please help a brotha out...

Word.
Panda

EDIT - Added download for Map Layout in .gif format.. Edit and re-upload at your leisure with edits included.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 08:02:27 PM by thablkpanda »

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 08:07:15 PM »
Will there be disasters?
And what if your vec base dies?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 03:36:09 PM »
Well DUH that's kinda the point. If you're smart, you'll have another setup deeper into the base.

I'm thinking this should be a rush map with a new techtree or something, still thinking about it.

Panda

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 05:52:30 PM »
Sounds really good.

If you want help with how to code just ask.

BTW, as for enforcing a mark: It's possible to make it destroy any units that you move away from your base (make them explode), using a trigger, before the mark comes. (This way they can't attack before the mark, since the units will never get there)
As for losing your factory -- well, wouldn't that be how you win? by destroying the other players bases?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 05:55:28 PM by op2hacker »

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 05:55:31 PM »
Interesting Hacker...

I'll try to squeeze that info out of you later, but as for coding- I'ma just rob the code from Hoovile, and stuff, and replace it where necessary. Designing/Building the map is where I need help, too tedious work for me. And some of you guys are reallygood at it.

Panda