Author Topic: Storyline Ideas  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Storyline Ideas
« on: June 29, 2005, 09:22:30 PM »
Any ideas on what we should have the story for op3 about?
plz post your input :)
Any input is welcome :)

Stormy
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 09:25:47 PM by Leviathan »
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline zanco

Storyline Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 08:45:55 PM »
Ahem  :unsure:
I think what he meant was: "We are working on a story, as soon it looks good enough, we are going to post it here so that you guys can edit/look for flaws/give your oppinions." -- The story will be posted soon.

By the way Stormy, I think they can't "give their ideas" like that. At least, I think, if they see something posted, they will be encouraged (or maybe forced) to tell what they think the story should be about. You (stormy) more than anyone should know that it is a hard work.

One important thing I want to point out: I don't want to do something in the dark or away from the community which I think is great, I just want to have some concrete accomplishment. This way, people will see seriousness in OUR work -- our here standing for everybody.

if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Storyline Ideas
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 05:39:55 AM »
Here's an idea, but I have no idea how to get it to fit with the original novellas very well. Whatever colony is left behind on new terra had an incomplete spaceship right? So maybe they can use that as a habitat but just can't go anywhere. Maybe they could wait out the blight in orbit? Have a sorta "Return to New Terra" type of idea to it. Mind you, there is that whole issue with the children's module and whatnot to deal with. Maybe ask someone who's more familiar with the original works.

Offline Stormy

Storyline Ideas
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 11:00:27 AM »
Ahem  :unsure:
I think what he meant was: "We are working on a story, as soon it looks good enough, we are going to post it here so that you guys can edit/look for flaws/give your oppinions." -- The story will be posted soon.

yes, zanco is right ;) we arent trying to exlude the community, we just need a little time and we will post it :)  (thumbsup)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Storyline Ideas
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 06:52:21 PM »
stormy, I think now would be a good time to delete this thread until we can have something to post.

Offline Stormy

Storyline Ideas
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 07:29:48 PM »
Hmm, It was hidden from my view, Thanks for the reminder that it is still there leeor_net. :)

Ok, but shouldn't I close it for archive's sake?

Offline Axalon

Storyline Ideas
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 04:40:50 PM »
I'll inject my idea in hopes of keeping this thread alive. This is the same thing I posted in the "Outpost: Genesis Info Leak".

Perhaps the colonists on Conestoga II (the ship that was built on New Terra, and I just made up that name) pick up a random transmission (like some random news broadcast) from the planet Frontier colonized.

This could happen halfway withing the story, after your colony is well established ("Tutorial" missions over with). The scientists at the New Eden advanced lab (there I go with names for the new colony) try to track the signal. All the skeptic's conjectures that its an old Earth transmission are dissipated when the lab publishes that it originated in the Orion system (other possible locations: Sirius, Epsilon Eri, Procyon, Kapteyn's Star [Don't use Alpha Centauri as that is rather close to Earth and Consetoga probably scoped it already]).

Maybe it could tie in to using the multiple-planet gameplay mechanics that were theorized a few pages back. Please comment.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Storyline Ideas
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 10:00:08 PM »
There needs to be russians lol

Offline Stormy

Storyline Ideas
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 10:24:44 PM »
No offence, but it is best to not decide on anything until we release the novella. I am locking this thread until later, Sorry for the inconvience, and Freeza, enough with the russians  :rolleyes: