Author Topic: New Multiplayer Map Ideas  (Read 2885 times)

Offline RockNavator

• http://www.rocknavator.outpost-universe.net
New Multiplayer Map Ideas
« on: October 04, 2005, 03:03:17 PM »
I'm not quite sure if there is already a map out there that is like this but I was think about something sorta like Pie but with a base in the middle. Not an AI base but one that someone like...say Lev would get stuck in when say... me and lordly_dragon were gonna play him 2vs1 or something. eh.... be back in a while...

GO SPECIAL FORCES. LOOK OUT DELTA FORCE; HERE I COME

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 03:12:58 PM »
lol, you want to give lev direct access to both your bases from the start?  When's the funeral?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline spirit1flyer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 03:27:20 PM »
Lev's most likly the best player out of all of us  :blink:  
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 03:42:19 PM »
Some people asked for a map that is totally fair.

Here is my suggestion for a 2 player map (without ming beacons):

Base and outpost areas are same size, entrances are same position (=> in the middle of the cliff line). Thus the player can use the exact same building placement as the other player.

Offline spirit1flyer

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 04:21:03 PM »
one way in? sounds to easy

my type of game :P
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 05:02:28 PM »
I like the map TH300 a lot, but on 128 map thos bases sure would be good. If i was to make it i think id make it a little smaller.

And we can allways use more ideas from everyone on cool, wierd or whatevae type of maps to create, and rember, anyone can do it, so get playing around :)

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 06:36:22 AM »
Outpost 2 Football!
...actually, it's more like soccer...
Argh, if only vehicles ran away when they were attacked...

Anyways, since vehicles don't move when attacked, there are two teams of x players. (duh) In the middle is an invincible cargo truck (maybe it restores hp over time, like the tokamak in reverse?) loaded with wreckage or something. The teams also have EMPs and Spiders to capture the truck. The teams try and get the truck into the enemy base, at which point the enemy base explodes in an impressive ball of fire.

Edit: OR, for there could be trucks and scorps on each team, and they have to pick up the wreckage in the truck. Except then it'd have to work so that the wreckage "dropped" when the truck died.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 06:37:42 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 01:00:25 PM »
like the idea sirbomer

also rock's idea i would like to make the map for. how many entrances should the middle base have? 2? 4?

Offline lordly_dragon

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 03:44:11 PM »
we should do a micro training map like in warcraft 3 and starcraft. Each round you get a set number of unit and you are matched vs another guy with sometimes the samething or something else.

example: red got 2 tiger rpg 3 spider and 3 lynx emp and 200$

blue for instance got 4 rail gun panter 2 emp lynx and 3 lynx laser.

the key for both team is: red: use is spider to repair instead of capture...

blue: keep lynx laser behind to prevent capture.

example 2: something like 5 micro/lynx vs 5 micro/lynx

this map is fun to play and help a lot for training in the art of micro management.

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 05:41:07 PM »
Hmm, that football/soccer idea sounds crazy. Could be a bit of fun.

I liked that idea of starting someone in the middle like that. That could make for a fun game between players with unbalanced skill.

I'd thought of having an unfair level before, but not with that setup. I was also thinking of having unbalanced starting resources, and not just rely on location. Perhaps have one player start with a large base with defenses, but not a big army. Have surrounding bases have no defenses, but larger armies. (Or maybe just remove the initial armies). Basically the one person with the large base would have an advantage over any other player in terms of resources, or initial buildings, but all the other players would be allied against this person.

Another idea I had was to start someone with a really large base with lots of defenses, and the other players would just get reinforcements from time to time. The amount of reinforcements could increase overtime, thus ensuring they eventually killed the person with the dug in base. The point then is not to see who can kill the other person, but rather how long can the dug in person survive for. Kinda takes the bite out of losing. =) Or at least makes losing more fun, since the point is just to fight down to the last cargo truck. A slight variant of this idea would be to have multiple dug in bases on the map (all allied), against multiple attackers with increasing reinforcements (all allied). Same idea, see how long the dug in people can last for. It can also be made so that if one person falls, it makes it easier to kill the remaining players. So it'd be helpful to keep your allies around for as long as possible if you were dug in.

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 06:27:48 PM »
here are some ideas of mine:

Impossible Scenarios (stolen from StarCraft):

Each player starts with different units. The goal is to defeat a nearby enemy base by working together. After you finish off one base, you get new units in a new area, with a new base to kill...ect.

Tag!:

One player is randomly chosen to be 'it'. The 'it' player is eden, the rest plymouth. Everyone starts with no buildings, and one scout. Then you, well, play tag. The last one tagged is the new 'it'. As each scout is tagged, it will explode! When the last person is tagged, the game starts over.

Freeze Tag:

The same as tag, but you are frozen when you are tagged. Other people can unfreeze you by tagging you back. When everyone has been frozen, the new 'it' is randomly chosen from the frozen people. Note: frozen people become light towers.

Shepard:

(Played on a very large, tall, hilly, rocky, ect, map.) One person is randomly chosen to the shepard (who is eden). He/she must get his/her sheep (scouts) from one end of the map to the other end. The other players (plymouth) must steal the sheep (by emping them and reprogramming them). Then they must take said sheep base to their base. Once in their base the sheep are exchanged for points (more info farther down). Shepards may build any unit they want to defend against the theives. Any sheep that make it to the bottom count as points for the shepard.

More on points and units... At the start of the round, your points are multiplied by 50, and added to 2000. This number becomes your ore for said round (both rare and common). Units are purchased as usual, but any war units (units other than base used units, spiders and emps) made by the theves will be destroyed. Or they could be disabled, but won't that stop the Shepard from making them?

Other things to consider... Mabe you have mines instead of ore budgets? Have the shepards only build scouts?

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 07:31:51 PM »
wow, those are some concepts I would never have thought of lol

good ideas
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 06:25:47 AM »
great ideas ive love to c them made,
ive wanted to make a micro map for a long time.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 02:47:51 PM »
Is that why they're called Impossible Scenarios? You have to work together to win? :P
I always thought they sounded retarded so I never bothered to play any.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 04:21:01 PM »
Yeah, they're fun with people who listen well and are competent. But it only takes one idiot to screw it all up.

Offline lordly_dragon

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 07:07:55 PM »
impossible scenario is so damn hot on bw

its vs a AI btw  (thumbsup) so its player vs ai it is clearly insane :P

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.