Author Topic: Ibstore Suggestions  (Read 15749 times)

Offline zigzagjoe

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2005, 08:36:12 AM »
ditto with levi.... i would have to say this has reached the pointless stage now; seems like a waste of time imo.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 08:36:30 AM by zigzagjoe »

Offline thablkpanda

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2005, 07:29:18 PM »
Awesome, I didn't get flamed by Mods for dissing the IBStore. I feel important. Let me savor this moment.

</savor>

Yeah, But I did think of a couple Ideas (couldn't sleep last night, so I brainstormed)

Limited MOD Privilges
Price: What the hell ever ya'll decide
Descript: Gives you the ability to edit/move people's posts. Nothing more tho, just editing and moving.
Purpose: Lighten the load on mods just a little bit. I see all kinds of posts with horrible grammar/spelling and that are terribly hard to decipher. If I could hit a button, and change 'omfg i beet lev, its ub3r l33t!!) to -> 'I beat Leviathan in a game, this rules!!', or similar posts (Not like we get any posts like that tho :D), It would save ME some headaches, and save the MODS some time, so they can do important stuff, like code maps people will never use.

Christopher Merchant
Merchant Enterprises

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2005, 01:01:37 AM »
You forget that I am still a mod :P (and am the only one of the original ones to still be one :heh: lev and hacker must like me more than I originally thought :P )

Anyway, limited mod privaledges just screams for abuse.  I'm sorry, but many of the comunity members have their times of immaturity, and just the temptation would be enough.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline zigzagjoe

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2005, 07:54:16 AM »
oh god NO!! panda. Like Ck9 is saying, that it prime for abuse. We should never put anyhting of the sort into it. Its a game, and should not affect the forums in any way.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2005, 10:07:14 AM »
well, except for the glow and ittalic effects...
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline omagaalpha

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2005, 02:57:19 PM »
why does in everygame always people want mod power tempory to regular player always very bad idea  
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2005, 04:20:08 PM »
Mod powers are more of a responsibility than something to toy with. Toying with mod powers isn't usually a good idea. You don't want people to be walked all over by other people who decided to have some fun and be a jerk.

For instance, maybe someone wrote "I beat Leviathan in a game, this rules!" and then someone with temp mod powers comes along and changes it to "omfg i beet lev, its ub3r l33t!!".  <_<

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2005, 02:43:41 PM »
Exactally, which is why mods only edit posts if it is something that absolutely has to be changed (like if someone is posting just to harrass someone, I would more than likely deleate that, or I would edit it if it had something in it that actually had some use to it)
CK9 in outpost

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2005, 03:12:40 PM »
I agree, I am strictly against using any more power than is absolutly nessacary, wich is probly why I lost my mod status lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2005, 04:03:17 PM »
Well I believe I stated this already, I'll say it again though for people to (re)process...

Quoted from the News thread:
Another note: Adding items.. I won't create any items that allow people to do moderation actions. (Pinning/Locking topics, etc).

This is certain. It's a lot like rewarding someone who spams (which could be the person's principal way to get Ore) with moderation powers, which allows them to start editing people's topics.
(And do a lot of other things).

Mods need to be picked, to assure that they are mature and responsible.
An automatic system is no way to pick mods.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2005, 08:21:55 PM »
you guys find me mature and responcible?  wow...

anyway, I think we should be able to bake out own gardens (rocks, trees, ect) in belated celebration of the greenworld tile set :D
CK9 in outpost

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2005, 02:44:59 PM »
what about an intrest auto collect? I thought that was a nice add in
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline zigzagjoe

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2005, 03:35:43 PM »
yes, i would like one of those. taht collect interest button rly defeats the point of interest.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2005, 05:51:02 PM »
I want to buy vecs and attack others and steal there ore that isnt in there bank.
and if that person has vecs then depending on what kind of vec they have (flare nova esg thor laser ....) the battle for that persons ore would be decided by some values of damage that the vecs do  Laser/mic 1 Sticky/Rail/RPG 2 Flare 3 Nova 4 Thor/ESG 5.  im not sure what you would do with EMP but maybe it could lessen the amount of damage because it can disable vecs.

there must be rare ore!!!!!

Laser/mic 10 ore Sticky/Rail/RPG 20 ore Flare 25 ore
Nova 30 ore 5 rare Thor/ESG 40 ore 10 rare.

but maybe you should only beable to buy these things if you first buy a vec fac.  That could cost like 100 ore.

But you need a CC of course that would be 50 ore because its a needed building and all other buildings shouldnt work if you dont have a CC

CC 50 ore makes all your buildings work
Struc Fac 100 allows you buy buildings
Vec Fac 100  allows you buy vecs
RCC 75 increase damage to all units
Agi Dome 10 ore  unknown
Mine just a mine that people can try to blow up makes the smelters work
Smelter Common adds 2 common ore every day
Smelter Rare   adds 1 rare ore every day
Tokamaks gives the buildings power  i dont think they need to damage themself is is online after all

thats all i can think of right now

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2005, 08:20:45 PM »
whoa, kinda complacated for a store dont you think?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2005, 08:56:51 PM »
ya sure but it make it all the more fun and usefull when you can smite people for having so much ore out in the open :P

Offline spirit1flyer

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2005, 09:20:22 PM »
  want to buy vecs and attack others and steal there ore that isnt in there bank.
and if that person has vecs then depending on what kind of vec they have (flare nova esg thor laser ....) the battle for that persons ore would be decided by some values of damage that the vecs do Laser/mic 1 Sticky/Rail/RPG 2 Flare 3 Nova 4 Thor/ESG 5. im not sure what you would do with EMP but maybe it could lessen the amount of damage because it can disable vecs.

but maybe you should only beable to buy these things if you first buy a vec fac. That could cost like 100 ore.

But you need a CC of course that would be 50 ore because its a needed building and all other buildings shouldnt work if you dont have a CC

Vec Fac 100 allows you buy vecs
Agi Dome 10 ore unknown
Smelter Rare adds 1 rare ore every day
Tokamaks gives the buildings power i dont think they need to damage themself is is online after all

it seems to me that instead of making all of those items to do war with, Hacker should just add the army system
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2005, 09:47:50 PM »
I don't know what that is spirit1flyer, but Yea, I guess that would be a cool idea :D.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2005, 09:59:25 PM »
IT MUST BE OP2 STYLE OR BUST

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2005, 10:03:09 PM »
Um, obviously! lol we would have to edit it, which shouldn't be a problem. It's just the names and stuff. Lol, we could have our own battle system with gfx from OP2 (maybe Genesis when we get further along)

If you have played Advance Wars or something similar, this is the type of battle system I'm talking about.

Stormy
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline spirit1flyer

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2005, 10:04:53 PM »
check out this link Stormy  ;)  http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/1374
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2005, 11:38:08 PM »
I want to buy vecs and attack others and steal there ore that isnt in there bank.
and if that person has vecs then depending on what kind of vec they have (flare nova esg thor laser ....) the battle for that persons ore would be decided by some values of damage that the vecs do  Laser/mic 1 Sticky/Rail/RPG 2 Flare 3 Nova 4 Thor/ESG 5.  im not sure what you would do with EMP but maybe it could lessen the amount of damage because it can disable vecs.

but maybe you should only beable to buy these things if you first buy a vec fac.  That could cost like 100 ore.

Vec Fac 100  allows you buy vecs
Agi Dome 10 ore  unknown
Smelter Rare   adds 1 rare ore every day
Tokamaks gives the buildings power  i dont think they need to damage themself is is online after all

I like the idea that a cc and a sf is required to build other structs and that a vf is required to build vehicles.

And your proposed prizes are much too low. That'd allow most people to buy every of those buildings at the time when they are made available by hacker. Multiply prices by 10 and they're ok. The cc should be most expensive, because it also is in Op2.

I don't like your idea of a smelter btw. That'd give people extra ore who don't even visit the forum or post. My idea (posted earlier) is much better, because it gives only those people advantage who post. And a smelter does also not produce ore by itself. you have to haul ore, in the forum you haul ore by posting.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 11:39:37 PM by TH300 »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2005, 04:04:50 AM »
yes but you see expensive isnt good when you get 5 ore for any thing so you would need a lower price on things.  But you could be right the CC is more expensive.but i dont think any thing should be over 200.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2005, 08:52:25 AM »
yes but you see expensive isnt good when you get 5 ore for any thing so you would need a lower price on things.  But you could be right the CC is more expensive.but i dont think any thing should be over 200.
Thats why I suggested the smelter. People can probably have 3 smelters till they need to buy additional mines (everyone is assumed to have one mine at startup of IBStore). The mine itself would do nothing but allow more smelters. That is like Op2: you don't get more metals just with more mines. And to prevent massbuying of smelters+mines every new mine should yield less ore than the older mines. (thats also same as in Op2: good beacons are used first)

I think we should not talk about prices yet, except that less than 100 ore for one item is definetely too low. And combat units should be about same price as normal buildings, because in Op2 its the same: you can't build a lynx for under 750 commen metals.

And could we probably rename ore to metals. In Op2 you can get nothing from ore (except metals).

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2005, 10:11:51 AM »
It should be possible to rob the IB Store!

There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2