Author Topic: Ibstore Suggestions  (Read 15754 times)

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 05:33:09 PM »
Maybe there won't be rare ore for a while... since there'd have to be duplicate functions in the store to handle the rare ore..

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 05:36:55 PM »
you should be abble to give feedback on posts, based on anumber system from  -10 to +10, the average of the score adds up for each post, the user rateing then is used to calculate eather the person's interist rate or a bonus type thing. bad feed back would be like spam or non sensible posts.  leading to a fine of up to 10 points

this would increase the quality of the posts

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2005, 05:45:35 PM »
you should be abble to give feedback on posts, based on anumber system from  -10 to +10, the average of the score adds up for each post, the user rateing then is used to calculate eather the person's interist rate or a bonus type thing. bad feed back would be like spam or non sensible posts.  leading to a fine of up to 10 points

this would increase the quality of the posts
Yea, there needs a way to stop spam thats caused by IBStore. But a feedback-system isn't a good way to do it, cous people could just be mean and rate posts of people who they don't like with -10. And how long may a post be rated before the poster actually gets the ore?

There should be a way to rate a post without user-reviews, so that technically the forum-software rates it, but that is just too far away from our possibilities.

Offline Leviathan

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2005, 05:49:50 PM »
well i think were not here to rate each others posts. were here to comunicate ideas and work on stuff and help each other out and all that forum stuff :)

o ya, were here cuz op2 rocks so much!

Offline Sirbomber

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 06:31:11 PM »
Pay 5 ore to get 5 ore.
Special maps?
Scout - Something about going fast I guess.
Savant Computer - Protects all of your money. It even does math for you!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2005, 07:07:15 PM »
Alright, I'm going to start taking everyone's ideas and making them into store items which will eventually show up here.

They will be tested at http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/test/
(A test board for this purpose. Don't actually use it for posting, lol, just to test the store stuff).

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 07:16:51 PM »
1 last question hacker, will any work on OP2 related projects be frozen while you guys work on this?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 07:19:10 PM »
No, of course not.

Though I might be inclined to work on one thing or the other :P

BTW, if anyone wants to help, if you know PHP, you're welcome to.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 07:19:21 PM by op2hacker »

Offline spirit1flyer

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 07:45:13 PM »
how about a item that allows you to invest in another member.
So Hacker if you bought this item and invested in me, Everytime I make a post you gain 1 ore.

"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 07:48:58 PM »
Hmm, I guess you could use Rare/Common storage to hold more than a certain amount of ore. Or you could also just use them to protect the ore. Losing tubes, power, workers, or a CC connection doesn't make you lose the ore. Only having the storage facility destroyed. And I'm a little worried about the competitive nature of all of this. If people are working to build up their resources, it'd kinda suck if a bunch of people targeted them and blew it all away.

Offline spirit1flyer

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 07:53:42 PM »
And I'm a little worried about the competitive nature of all of this. If people are working to build up their resources, it'd kinda suck if a bunch of people targeted them and blew it all away.

it will die down after a few days or weeks it always does with this type of thing

spirit
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 09:09:12 PM »
Yea, there needs a way to stop spam thats caused by IBStore. But a feedback-system isn't a good way to do it, cous people could just be mean and rate posts of people who they don't like with -10

I have a few people in find for the -10's... >:-)

Anyway, I don't think I've ever seen the forums flurried with so much activity! It's refreshing to see (and I think this IBStore bit has helped some).

However, I look at the View New Posts list and it's just filled! It's just awesome!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 09:14:34 PM by leeor_net »

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 09:25:42 PM »
no no no you got my idea all wrong. the rateing is avreaged of all the people who gave feedback on that post, then all your posts are averaged together then your interest rate is changed according to how well you post

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 09:36:37 PM »
Yeah, but who really wants to bother rating other people? Besides, if you do get off your butt to rate someone, it's probably because they got you angry and you want to give them a bad rating. Seems like it would get kinda negative.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
THe rating idea is a good one but I don't think it would work, as Hooman suggested. It adds more complexity than is really necessary (even if it's just simply a button) and I know I wouldn't bother rating each post.

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2005, 11:33:28 PM »
How about puzzles, maybe arcade games :D
IE: Who can do _____ X many times without doing _____
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2005, 01:55:03 PM »
And I'm a little worried about the competitive nature of all of this. If people are working to build up their resources, it'd kinda suck if a bunch of people targeted them and blew it all away.
Yeah, isn't that sort of the idea of everything? It is a game, after all.

Any different than getting your base blown to smithereens in an OP2 game?  ;)  

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2005, 02:25:29 PM »
Yeah, isn't that sort of the idea of everything? It is a game, after all.

Any different than getting your base blown to smithereens in an OP2 game?  ;)
THIS is a very big game, and you can't just restart it if you lost. if you got hit, you will probably not have a chance to catch up again with the others.

As for disasters: there has to be a way to know when disasters happened where. I don't want to come to the forum one day, half of my ore lost, and I don't know why.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2005, 02:29:35 PM »
Yeah, as for disasters, I plan to have it automatically PM the affected people (unless they don't want a PM, which they'll be able to shut off)

Something like
"An Electrical Storm has occurred in the News forum. You posted in there within the last week, so you were affected by the storm.

You have lost X Ore."

Yeah, that is a good point.

The attack items will probably be pretty weak, and expendable. (eg. a microwave lynx can be 'used' once, and then it is gone)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 02:37:03 PM by op2hacker »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2005, 08:05:54 PM »
Umm, rather than this being an option people can shut off, why not make it an option people can turn on? It seems like an annoying default setting to have the forums send out random PMs like that.

Also, I worry about the balance of this game. It seems too easy to allow people to either become super powerful, or come crashing down really quick no matter how powerful they are. It seems like there should be some limiting factors in either direction. Make sure someone doesn't oscilate between super powerful and super weak in a short period of time.

Offline thablkpanda

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2005, 09:18:50 PM »
This is becoming oddly more like a colony game every post. :D

I have nothing to contribute- I'm not a huge IBStore fan, always seemed kinda 'pointless' to me. But I think i'm reading too far into things.

Chris M

EDIT
I edited this, as not to get in 'trouble' for spamming.

NOTICE
A 'calender' is a machine used for pressing and glossification of paper. Not the 'tool' that we refer to, in english, as a 'Calendar'. Notice the 'A'!!!

Sorry, this is a huge pet peeve of mine, among numerous others- I think I get it from my mom. It may be genetic.

Sincerely, (again)
Christopher M.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 10:07:00 PM by thablkpanda »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2005, 09:33:03 PM »
As for disasters: there has to be a way to know when disasters happened where. I don't want to come to the forum one day, half of my ore lost, and I don't know why.
Why not have it so it is automatically put as a calander event?  The day it happens, it is added to the calander.  It would certainly get more people using the calander as well.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2005, 10:41:08 PM »
lol... for like the programming and project forums, can we have a 'disaster' pertaining to some type of 'error' similar to the style of project (like mapping,, oops you left a hole in the map!) etc.. that it is in?

I'm probably not making any sense... Let me know, and I'll clarify... /me is tired
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »
Your post is clear to me.  You are suggesting having section-specific disasters that make sence for the general topic of that section, correct?
CK9 in outpost

Offline Leviathan

Ibstore Suggestions
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2005, 07:11:14 AM »
I'm not a huge IBStore fan, always seemed kinda 'pointless' to me.
Yea im lazy and dont care to much about the store either. Id rather be doing op2 work than playing op2.