Author Topic: Wireless Network /w Router  (Read 3163 times)

Offline SpeedNine

Wireless Network /w Router
« on: September 09, 2005, 01:52:52 PM »
Welp peeps, I finally got broadband; a cool 1.5 MB line (161 kb/sec down // 26 kb/sec up).

But, yeah, today I tried getting Op2 to work behind my router and found that even Hamachi can't break past it.

I'm having issues with my network IP wanting to overwrite ALL OTHER IPS; like I said, even Hamachi's IP didn't overwrite my local network IP.

I'm sure it's something simple to fix this; and I have a feeling it has something to do with Windows XP and the way I have my network setup within' the network setup wizard.

Anyways, I have to take off; thought I'd leave a post because I am lazy and it would be nice if someone had the answer for me when I got back instead of me wasting hours wandering around my computer aimlessly trying to figure this out on my own later.

As a side note, I have tried playing Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour with Hamachi running and one day the Hamachi IP was overwriting my local network IP just fine and I almost got in-game with a cousin of mine, but something went wrong.....I think what went wrong was totally unrelated to an IP or network issue.....but, anyways, I could swear I didn't change a thing, and it wasn't working the next day. Go figure.

SpeedNine
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 01:53:38 PM by SpeedNine »

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 03:26:11 PM »
What is the router and can't you configure port forwarding or DMZ on it if Hamachi wont work? ?

Offline SpeedNine

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 04:45:25 PM »
The router is a wireless D-Link router with Firmware version 3.02.

Would port forwarding allow the correct IPs to go through? I'm rather new to networking and most of my experience with it is self-taught from trial and error, lol.

Offline spirit1flyer

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 04:45:42 PM »
As a side note, I have tried playing Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour with Hamachi running and one day the Hamachi IP was overwriting my local network IP just fine and I almost got in-game with a cousin of mine, but something went wrong.....I think what went wrong was totally unrelated to an IP or network issue.....but, anyways, I could swear I didn't change a thing, and it wasn't working the next day. Go figure.

I think this is the same problem I have. it worked for me one day on OP2 and the next day it will not work  <_<

Spirit  
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Flanx

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 06:47:55 PM »
What's the specific model of your router? (Example: DI-614+) I might be able to assist since I've probably had to set mine up in a simalair manner.
To the Sky

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 07:25:33 PM »
I play direct thru my router, i can host using natfix. Outpost 2 still says my network ip when i play.

outpostuniverse.net/multiplayer.php

Offline SpeedNine

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 01:44:58 AM »
Flanx,

My router's model is the DI-524.

If you have any advice, thanks a lot.

Offline Leviathan

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 10:34:50 AM »
DMZ your router, throw up a firewall.

Lev's way takes ALOT longer. :D

Panda

Offline Flanx

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 03:45:45 PM »
No offense meant Panda but DMZ doesn't always work. I know I've tried and it didn't work on mine (614+). On your router click the "Advanced" tab, "Applications," name it whatever, trigger port boxes should have 47776 and 47807, Trigger Type UDP, public port "47776-47807", public type UDP. That's the short version of Lev's link and should, repeat should, allow you to play but not host. If you want to host your best bet is hope Hamachi works or have everybody playing at your house so it's a local game.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 03:46:06 PM by Flanx »
To the Sky

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 05:42:16 AM »
In fact, if you have forwarded all ports (47776-47807) and can join direct-ip games you can also host them after applying the NATFIX patch.

here is some info about NATFIX.

Offline Flanx

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 06:19:34 PM »
In fact, if you have forwarded all ports (47776-47807) and can join direct-ip games you can also host them after applying the NATFIX patch.
The way I typed up the directions are the exact way that I have mine set up (I'd do a screen capture if I knew how to post them but I don't so I won't). The hosting part assumes that the NATfix actually works for him. It has yet to work for me and not because I give people the 192.168.0.x address. Just plain doesn't work.
To the Sky

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 06:32:48 PM »
The 192.168.0.x is a local network lan ip address. You need to give them your internet ip address, and thats the ip u enter into natfix when u enable it, the reason u have to enable natfix everytime is because ur internet ip changes and u need to update the one for op2 to use.

Offline Flanx

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 08:19:26 AM »
The 192.168.0.x is a local network lan ip address. You need to give them your internet ip address, and thats the ip u enter into natfix when u enable it, the reason u have to enable natfix everytime is because ur internet ip changes and u need to update the one for op2 to use.
I'm quite aware of that Levi. What I always gave to people was my 21.something or another from the WAN port on my router and even with the NATfix applied about 15 seconds before I even started booting OP2 it never worked.

Edit -- your quote tag was screwed up, so I fixed it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 02:20:08 PM by op2hacker »
To the Sky

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 06:30:36 PM »
I made a guide for D-Link routers a long time ago.

If you need to retrieve your internet IP (instead of your LAN IP), just go visit a site like showmemyip.com.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 06:32:11 PM by Arklon »

Offline Flanx

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 11:11:16 AM »
Arklon that's perfect. I would've stuck a screenshot of mine up if I knew the BB code to do it. *Does know much BB*
To the Sky

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 02:09:14 PM »
Well, guides for almost every router are available here. (Yes, I got directions added for OP2 on portforward.com)

http://www.portforward.com/english/applica...tpost2index.htm

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 06:04:10 PM »
better yet, just look at mine or hacker's siggy. it has ur ip in it.