Author Topic: Demo Dlls  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Tellaris

Demo Dlls
« on: September 05, 2005, 12:32:24 AM »
This is simply 2 .dlls I made for demonstration purposes.   Disasters are enabled, so is morale and Day/Night.   As there is no objectives, players may use this for practicing morale for single (and rarely) multi play.   No enemies attack you either, basically total sandbox.   You start with an empty Structure Factory, and NO reserch done (not even medical center)   See how many people you can build up to!   Or, try to create a real fancy base and show it off to everybody!

Heres where to download the thing!

Note, you cannot acess it through any of the lists!   Press the D key in the main screen to access it.   Get past the first screen (click start, nothing on there really works anyway), and search for the demo(Eden).dll.   Pressing the D key after the list is selected will take you to it.
(I hope its not a concern to reveal the programmer's list!   Eventually I will have to figure out how to put it in Colony or Tutorial and let players choose their colony, but I'll worry about that later)

I intend to use it for demonstration concerns, particularly for morale.   But I've decided to release it to the public just so they can take a look, practice, play around.   Explore tech trees, ect.   Noob teaching tool is the idea.
Note* There might be some rare ore beacons not in usable areas.   I frankly don't care atm, its an early release anyway.   I'll fix that when I make it permanently noob tool, when its in the Tutorial list.   Or something.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 12:39:44 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Leviathan

Demo Dlls
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 08:54:15 AM »
Great work, nicely done.

Would you release the souce code for the projects also?

You should make a wiki page with the info and downloads on.

Offline Tellaris

Demo Dlls
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 11:12:20 AM »
I most certainly can!   The files I did edit where pretty much just the BaseData.h, Main.cpp, and Funcs.cpp (default enableing of Morale and Day/Night)
I left the LastOneStanding victory condition in there, because, theoretically it could become a multi map at some point (a very small multimap...)
Currently it is just the one player (You) that can play with the full tech trees of either Eden or Plymouth, something that does not exist in the tutorials (Something similar DOES exist, but everything is already done for you.   No room for experimentation)
I will have to upload it later...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 11:15:19 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Leviathan

Demo Dlls
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »
Well make a wiki page for this project with souce and dll downloads.

Thx once again, im sure it will be usefull for many people.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Demo Dlls
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 02:23:16 PM »
If you want it to appear in the Colony game lists or Tutorial list, you need to set the DescBlock entry accordingly, and set the right prefix on the name of your dll.

So for a colony game, you might have something like this line in the beginning of main.cpp:
Code: [Select]
SDescBlock DescBlock	= { Colony, 6, 12, 0 };  // Important level details
Note the "Colony" constant. That's the important part.
Then you'd also name the dll with a "c" prefix. Like "cLevel.dll", only a more creative name than that.

For a tutorial level, maybe use somethign like:
Code: [Select]
SDescBlock DescBlock	= { Tutorial, 6, 12, 0 };  // Important level details
and then prefix the dll with a "t". Like "tLevel.dll".

Oh, and as another note, you should keep the dll name short. Anything over 6 characters seems to cause problems with levels showing up more than once in the list.