Author Topic: Sugestion Improvement Tweak  (Read 6322 times)

Offline omagaalpha

Sugestion Improvement Tweak
« on: August 30, 2005, 09:46:10 AM »
I been thinking latering outpost 1.5 before actual room for some more varities.

Like  while escape ship earth being built that mange building of ship and research & maybe even spacestation building ship also start being built.
    So player first limit module spacestation  to put up orbited has do research to gain module for massive constrution and technology spaceship. Which also runing company beging job to research build escape vehicle with obvously limit time.  
   Then also magnment when at jupitor too prepare big traveled. Maybe can even drive spaceship to destination(take less time?).
Also can also decied hire for crew bring long give differeng advanages. Like faster research, faster mine ores, more effiecient operation robict command, or like person mage certain building better. Maybe even system allow command slow gain experice allow abillity better operate coloney.
 Expience command gain depend where he is in coloney.  Like plan going build need in command center but when not going add new build work places like help construction, mange module better.

Ok what do think?
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 10:45:29 AM »
Ok... I had a very hard time trying to understand what you were saying. This is what I think you said:

While the Colony Ship is being built, various research can be done to improve it (or various research can be done to enhance technologies that one would get before landing on another planet).

Also, the user can decide the breakdown of the colonists that are hauled along on the voyage, e.g. more scientists, more workers, fertile people, etc.

====================================================

If the above is correct than I think these are good ideas but I believe they would add more complexity to an already complex game. The 200 colonists that are brought a long on the starship have been hand-selected by the multi-national conglomerate for their expertise in various fields so this aspect of planning for the voyage has already been taken care of.

As far as conducting research before hand, my room mate had suggested creating a Civilization/Alpha Centauri-type game of the Earth before the disaster. I don't know how much I liked the idea but I think it's a possibility: A prequel to OUTPOST.

Thanks for the suggestions. Your enthusiasm is refreshing.

Offline omagaalpha

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 06:09:22 AM »
well at least part of idea. Thinking Tycoon game type playing for earth. So That manageing businesss that goal build coloney ship(hey people self center lot time surpise what won't do even going to die).

Don't got this part but also want do is that also get design space station that going build coloney ship & manage it too like crew doing.

if want I can create design plan for how want my idea actual work out if you want?

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 09:44:56 AM »
No, I understood that part. However, this would really add much to much complexity to an already complex game. OUTPOST is about rebuilding the human race on another planet.

However, the ideas you have presented are great for a prequel to the OUTPOST series. I would look into it further at a later time. If you would like to create a design document for the OUTPOST prequel I would be more than happy to read it and see what you have to say. I think a prequel would be great if it's designed well.

Offline omagaalpha

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 09:47:45 AM »
so saying that complexing of this idea is something done after you get oringal game full complete of all feature suppose to be in game.  :P

Offline Mez

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 10:47:47 AM »
The ideas are very good.

But they could be better used in Outpost 0    (before Outpost1)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 11:43:39 AM »
Mezza, that might be the best way I've put it yet. With a name something like Earth: Ground Zero or something.

I definatly like the idea and the engine I'm writting for OP:MIA will also work for E:GZ. Hehehe... :) Maybe when I finish OP:MIA or am near finishing it I will do that.

I can see it already... it'd look probably something a lot like Capitalism II (look it up on Google or whatnot).

The whole economy bit... scrounging up enough resources to build a colony ship. Learning about the impending disaster to begin with...

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 12:19:58 PM »
Now that would kick ass!

:D

Time to leave earth..!

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 06:46:32 PM »
for taht kind of thing, i would *definitly* use another engine, perhaps Moon Proj for it...it'ld be a hell of a lot easyier than programing that kind of thing. It'ld work b/c there is less requirements [theoreticly]. food, money/ore, and thats it. morale wouldnt play a big role, if any in this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 06:47:11 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline omagaalpha

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 07:45:42 PM »
hey leeor_net Capitalism II was game think of for type how business kindy operate :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 07:46:48 PM by omagaalpha »

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 09:07:39 PM »
Thats an AWESOME Idea Alpha!!  B)  Good Job!
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 12:25:14 AM »
ZZJ, OP:MIA uses a base isometric drawing engine. The rest of it us programmed modularly. So it would mean for me that I simply have to take the OP:MIA code, copy it to a new project folder, redo the graphics and do a little bit of tinkering with the OP:MIA code. It's really not that huge of a deal.

Isometric engines are relatively easy to program and OP:MIA's iso drawing/mapping code is almost ready to go.

Offline gamerscd0

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 07:52:44 AM »
are you still working on this game leeor_net?

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 11:29:36 AM »
Yes, actually. I am... sort of. I had to stop for an extended period of time (almost 8 months) because the computer I was using to work on it died. Now that it's back up and running, I'm finding it difficult to get back into the game code.

But eventually I'll look at it again and continue for a while trying to make things better and then I'll get right back into the swing of things.