Author Topic: Hamachi Help!  (Read 1887 times)

Offline spirit1flyer

Hamachi Help!
« on: August 18, 2005, 10:07:55 PM »
Hamachi has stopped working for me  :ph34r:  I would like to get it working so I can start playing again.

I played a game against Sl0vi two days ago and it worked fine. but the next morning when I tryed to do a game I could not see any game that anyone else hosted and when I tryed hosting they could not see my game either. And they told me that the little dot next to my name on hamachi was flashing yellow. and from my end theirs was flashing yellow too. I tryed re-installing hamachi two times no luck.

I am using a wireless Linksys and I am getting the internet from a server intown.

this is the only way I can do OP2 online  :(  and I had just played my first game too  :blink:

Thank you for your time helping me

spirit

"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hamachi Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 07:39:02 AM »
Well, a lot of times the Hamachi server is horribly laggy. (The Hamachi server is used when you first start the connections to other users, it 'bootstraps' the connection so the connections will stay open even though you have NAT on a router). Some days it's better than others.

However it could also be the wireless issue. Sad to say, those types of setups (where you buy wireless net access from a server, there's one in my city too) can get bad because you're sharing a limited amount of bandwidth. So, if someone is using all the bandwidth by downloading a lot of files, your connection quality suffers, and that might be enough to break your connection to Hamachi.

When Hamachi stops working what about other apps, like downloaders and webbrowsers? do they seem less responsive or download stuff slower?

Offline spirit1flyer

Hamachi Help!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 09:09:11 AM »
no they work just as well but I did read this on the Hamachi forum someone else seem to have the some problem. the quote I have a quote within a quote might be why it is not working on most people but worked with Sl0vi  I will have to test it

I'm having problems playing Counterstrike 1.5 with my friend. Initially, I had a Hamachi IP of 5.2.231.233 and my friend's Hamachi IP is 5.3.22.212.
Another friend who has been using Hamachi for a time now told me that if the 2nd digit of your Hamachi IP is different(in this case, mine is 2 and my friend has 3), then we won't "see" each other.
That's the reason why I wrote a previous topic on this and Apankrat made it a sticky. You may view it here...

http://forums.hamachi.cc/viewtopic.php?t=1462

At any rate, just last week I had to reformat my HD and in the process forgot to backup my Hamachi settings. Suffice to say, when I downloaded Hamachi and installed it...I now have a new Hamachi IP(5.3.41.46). I noticed though that my old nick which was a member of an existing network still had the old Hamachi IP(5.2.231.233).

Anyhow, problem is my friend still can't see the games I've created and vice-versa. Since the 2nd digit of our Hamachi IP is now the same, shouldn't we be able to "see" each other now?

Any inputs on this matter would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

General advice is to check your firewall settings. Make sure you can ping your friend OK and he can ping you. If this works, then your problem is
most likely specific to the game itself, and with this I cannot help, sorry.

Thanks for the reply apankrat. We've already tried turning off the built-in firewalls of Win XP SP2 before. Still no luck.

Btw, I've tried to ping my classmate just a while ago and some new players I've recommended Hamachi to but couldn't. I can however ping those with 5.2.xxx something. But now it says, "Restricted to class C something". Oh well...thanks for the help neways.

I'll prolly try GIT and check back Hamachi when the new release is available.

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline spirit1flyer

Hamachi Help!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 11:21:49 PM »
I got a reply today on the hamachi forums and it looks like I might be able to start playing in a few days  :D

Since you were getting p2p connection before and now you started to get
yellow status instead, your best bet is to basically power cycle Hamachi
with an interval from few tens of seconds to few minutes. There is no need
to reinstall, the problem is in the network conditions between you and us.
It happens sometimes and it's an artefact of Hamachi's technology. We
will be making certain improvements in this department mid-next week,
there is a very good chance your problem will be resolved.

Loyal Xfir supporter