Author Topic: Wiki Coding Pages  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Leviathan

Wiki Coding Pages
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:13:35 PM »
Well coding pages is gonna be the bigest part of the wiki. What do people want etc?

Ive created the pages for all the files in Outpost2_Internal_Info.zip and other people need to finish pasteing the text onto them and creating the tables, thx.

Offline Cynex

Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 08:54:53 PM »
I thought a list of all exported classes and functions and what evea with detailed explanation and so on would be nice.

This would be best in msdn style:
- brief description
- function declaration
- list of arguments
- return value
- remarks
- example
- needed header files / system version
- related articles

Of course this would be a lot of work, but it'd make it a lot easier for newbies (and also experienced coders) to find their way through dll programming.

Also most of the existing articles need rewriting cause a table or memory address can't be enough.
I don't wanna urge anybody to do that immediately. However I'll write the op2_art page once i find some time.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 10:58:42 AM »
I thought a list of all exported classes and functions and what evea with detailed explanation and so on would be nice.

Working on it..  Go to wiki
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
makeing a program to output everythign to the proper wiki chart thingy

Offline Leviathan

Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 03:51:49 PM »
Please login and post your wanted projecs on this wiki page:
wiki.outpostuniverse.net/Wanted_Projects

Offline LupusShearhart

Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 08:18:31 PM »
... 404'd.

But - another quick addition request, perhaps for a few newer people, would be how to compile the code to a .dll to run it. And possibly an addition to the 'how to compile'... toss a "compiling troubleshooting" section in.

Why? Because I'm tired of fixing my friends' problems when they're working on this AI with me. Each time someone moves to compile, I get the phone call at 1:30 AM with the "How do I... (x)" where (x) is some function of a compiler available. Then when it doesn't work... I get the phone call at 2:30 AM with the "(y) doesn't work!" where (y) is some function of said compiler. Granted, I'm not usually sleeping, and am usually working on something at 1-2 AM, I don't feel like troubleshooting trivial crap over the phone. Know what I mean?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 08:25:51 PM by LupusShearhart »
"Wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and...smell the ashes." ~The G-man in Half Life 2

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 08:58:07 PM »
Yeah, the wiki isn't working currently. There are some problems with the web host. The admins here are working on getting all that stuff up and working.

The compiler and troublshooting section is a good idea. We've been thinking of making section for those for a while now. Doesn't seem like we've gotten around to getting a page up to deal with that really (unless there was a non functional one on the wiki).

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 11:25:35 PM »
has anyone used my wiki tabler program at all?

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 11:49:56 PM »
I'm half tempted to ask if anyone has used the wiki at all.  :o

I have yet to post anything to the wiki (or even really read much on it) so I haven't used it. Which is a bit odd since this is exactly the type of thing I wanted for coding progress. Yet so far, I've been a little too lazy to learn how to use a new system.

Btw, any word on when we can start using the wiki again? It seems like it's been down for quite a while.

Offline Leviathan

Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 06:28:08 AM »
Hooman, there is nothing to learn... its super easy to use, so get to it and help us out :) Same goes for everyone! Everyone can help, just ask if your not sure what to do.

And the wiki will be back up soon.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Wiki Coding Pages
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 05:15:20 PM »
The wiki is now operating at http://wiki.opu.org.uk/

Have fun! :)