Author Topic: Training  (Read 10760 times)

Offline Tellaris

Training
« on: June 19, 2005, 02:24:58 PM »
Play outpost 2 on MIRC!   Channel #Outpost2
Always lookin to train new newbies!
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Leviathan

Training
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 05:29:00 AM »
All of the experienced players are happy to train and help new players to learn the game, just ask :)

Offline plymoth45

Training
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 12:00:08 AM »
Does this newbie count?
                      |
Plymoth45<----|

lol, to think at one time i was at least decent.

Offline siqueule

Training
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 06:21:02 AM »
just to know, among the old ones ... exist there somebody who already succeeded, to win an colony games (not multiplayer lol) with a level of difficulty "normal"?  me I do not arrive there  :heh:  you surely have a lot of experience
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Training
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »
Only colony game I haven't beaten on hard is the Plymouth Starship(Original one).

Which remind we still need to write a guide how to beat the colony games.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline siqueule

Training
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 11:41:19 AM »
fiuuu you are strong! I resist approximately 1300 days, but when I discover the panthers, they have the tigers rpg (when I play with eden of course) and I can not produce panther, I haven't the rare ore...  :heh: you don't have any secret technique?  :D  
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Training
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 02:50:09 PM »
Get rare  :D

If you play on normal you can use a magma well that is located south of your original base.

If you play on hard you will have to fight your way up to the rare ore bar, North East of your base. (This can be tough)

Offline Tellaris

Training
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 03:16:27 PM »
Holy post reserection!   3 months old and still kicking around!

Its been said that sometimes the best tactic is to not research Mobile Weapons platform, as all AI will do otherwise is just drive thru your base.   Not sure if this works on Eden Starship 1.
Click Here For Coolness

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Training
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 03:35:51 PM »
I'm going to have to test that out sometime...
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline spirit1flyer

Training
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 03:48:16 PM »
Only colony game I haven't beaten on hard is the Plymouth Starship(Original one).

I beat that one once  :P
a vortexes ran into the computer's CC  and I walked right over them  :P  
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 07:16:37 PM »
The computer will attack you on Eden Starship even if you haven't researched weapons. They don't seem to attack as early or as strong though.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 07:41:34 PM »
so just build up walls to delay until you can dfnd yourself and you should be fine?
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 07:49:12 PM »
You'd need to build a lot of walls, and even then, the computer will just shoot through a small section of it. It won't really delay them much.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 07:50:19 PM »
aye, but only microwaves and lasers shoot through the walls, the others try to go around
CK9 in outpost

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 07:58:36 PM »
Yes, but once a microwave or laser shoots a hole through your wall, they all go through that hole and get to you. It's not much of a delay tactic. Microwaves are included in (almost?) every attack on that level.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 08:08:43 PM »
on eden starship on hard, just keep restarting the game untill the ore beacon to the southeast of your coloney isnt there, it will be rare ore once its reshurched, and will make life a whole hell of alot easier
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 08:11:16 PM »
I never new that....

how many bars on average?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 08:11:45 PM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 08:24:50 PM »
I usually get a 2 bar rare mine there. And yeah, that restarting trick is nice to know. Last time I brought it up, someone disagreed with me though.  :(

They seemed to think having an extra common ore mine was more useful. I don't think so though. You still get the one further to the east anyways. But then, I think their argument brought up the magma well you can get at the south west corner.

Oh, and if you want o have nice walls that get up tight with lava, you need to build them before lava gets there. That kinda annoys me actually. I don't like being forced to leave a gap between lava and walls. :(

Offline siqueule

Training
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 03:37:49 AM »
yes, I understand the strategy: I develop the rare ore as quickly as possible, and I surround my city with walls, they bore a little hole in the wall, I paralyse the first vehicle who enter in the breach, the others vehicle are blocked, I destroy the paralysed vehicle and it is with the turn of the following... yes, it is coherent, I will test, thank you!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Training
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 06:59:50 AM »
siqueule, don't bother with the walls. They have a very limited use, and isn't really worth the time and effort.

Hooman, You will want a Common ore bar Directly South east of your base on Hard. Base ore is limited to a 1 bar only. Magma Well isn't present in hard either.
Restarting is to manipulte the game into your favour.

Having an extra 3 bar common, is usually what gives me the edge to hold the middle long enough to start my rare ore production there ;)

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
Training
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 08:59:08 AM »
well i think that plymouth space1 was always a hard one to play, seeing as they come from more then one side (so you can't even set up a defensive base in a corner).

but on the other hand;
eden colony on hard is very easy (if tedious).
as long as you don't research lasers, then you will never see a single plymouth unit after the scouts at the start.
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline siqueule

Training
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 11:07:13 AM »
errr Ezekel, are you sure? I have already try this easy way, and they arrived nevertheless  :( I was with plymouth, that must be the reason

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Training
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 11:40:56 AM »
It's been too long since I've played plym starship 1...
CK9 in outpost

Offline Tellaris

Training
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2005, 03:00:53 AM »
Walling against the AI never works
If it encounters a wall segment thats roughly 5 square long, and it hits middle, it'll often just blast its way through.   I've seen it do that to its own walls repeatedly...
Obviously was added to prevent the ever useful Warcraft 2 tactic... walling around the AI so it can't do anything (War2 AI never attacked walls, at least not directly.)
The Megma well is extremely useful.   Once fully upgraded, it will give 150 ore, flat.   Always more then a double rare flat.

On Eden Starship 1, I find its often better to have another common ore mine, then a rare one.   What use is the rare if you don't have enough common to build anything?
With the extra mine, you can spam lasers, Railguns, and EMP like mad.
Lots of EMP lynx will take care of ANY amount of Tigers, particularly if you take them out one by one enroute.
While very hard to do, if you can manage it, take one base out before it can fully dig in.  Removing the back base they often build is easy.   While far, it is also the last built, giving you ample time to destroy it.   This lessens enemy attacks by 1/3, making it FAR easier to survive.
Click Here For Coolness

Offline siqueule

Training
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 05:40:14 AM »
in fact I must developping the emp the most quickly! but, I don't know which technologies it is necessary to discover the emp! in this moment, I do search programm on search programm, until the moment when they propose me to do the emp weapon! but, it's the moment when they bring back the thor's hammer or gpf tigers... do you know the chains of the research programs, who allow to succeed the emp?