Author Topic: Techpost  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Finder00

Techpost
« on: June 12, 2005, 12:09:28 AM »
Hey guys, I started putting together a tech sheet viewer/editor. I think it will make experimentation and modification easier. Working with the bare text is just so time consuming. Go easy on it though, it only a day old.

Source is included, but its in java, so be sure to have the runtime enviroment installed. And for you java complainers out there, I picked java for the ease of prebuilt data structures and GUI components. I hope to write a C++ version, but it may be a while off.

:huh: On a side note has anyone else noticed firefox crashing when you click the preview post button? Its happened to me twice in a row. :huh:  

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Techpost
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 08:47:46 AM »
lol, I had to know that someday somebody would come up with this sort of program.

You are not the only one with that idea. I'm currently working on my second program of this sort. (first one doesn't take the data from the sheets, because we didn't have them decoded at that time)
Its however not going to be an editor, because I like to play with original sheets, just a viewer.

PS: I never had that problem with firefox.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Techpost
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 09:07:34 PM »
I wrote a viewer program in VB a while ago (its on the site).
No editing in it though.

It uses the MS Flex Grid control so it's not the greatest.

If you want the source to it, just ask!

Offline Finder00

Techpost
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 10:57:47 AM »
Alright, this version is slightly better. It now has saving built in and as far as I can tell all the basic funtions work. Let me know if something fails.

And thanks for your offer op2hacker, I might take you up on it if I get stuck. One  guy can't think of everything right?

Offline Leviathan

Techpost
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 12:11:04 PM »
Were all here to help each other out, come on IRC and the coding room #outpost2.coding.