Author Topic: Hosting Multiplayer Through Router  (Read 1828 times)

Offline AxisMann

Hosting Multiplayer Through Router
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:14:53 PM »
Hi,  I'm able to join and play a multiplayer Outpost 2 game on the internet from a computer connected to the router of my home network.  However, when I try to use the same computer to host a game, the game fails after clicking the start button with a message about a Player List problem of some kind.  Sorry but I forgot the exact message.  What confuses me is that the game works as expected when I'm not the host but when I try to host, the game won't start but instead issues the Player List error.

I tried creating a DMZ where the router forwards everything to the specified computer but that didn't work either.  My router is a netgear model 614.  Has anyone a solution for this problem.

I grow weary of disconnecting the computer from the router and hooking it directly to the web.

Thanks.

Offline Leviathan

Hosting Multiplayer Through Router
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 04:25:45 AM »
Very simple :)

As long as you have the port range forwarded, which you do because you have been able to host your able to host, but you need to use a program called natfix, which you will find in the outpost 2 folder. When you want to host, run natfix, enter your internet ip into it and press enable. When you are joining a game make sure its disabled.

And the error message your geting is Replicating play list. This is because your on a lan and OP2 is sending your LAN IP for players to connect to, natfix means it sends the IP you entered (internet) into it to other players.

Cya on IRC soon for games :D

If you dont have IRC client to get to our gaming and chat room go here - outpostuniverse.net/irc.php

If you dont have natfix get the latest Outpost 2 release - outpostuniverse.net/op2dl

And the natfix thread is here - forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=1407