Author Topic: Issues I Want To See Resolved  (Read 3964 times)

Offline thablkpanda

Issues I Want To See Resolved
« on: June 01, 2005, 08:43:45 PM »
Firstly, see my post near the bottom @ http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.ph...st=0&#entry3331

Secondly,

I was looking through IRC logs today, and I really noticed that the lobby and noob channels aren't (rarely used) like someone had once said, They're NEVER used, for anything short of people typing /sys.all and showing off their superious systems to all who wish to view.

I think that these channels and divisions should be put to use or something! We have no newbs @ OPU, and the Lobby is pretty much a useless POS for anything short of, posting stuff not allowed in main channels. I realize that they might be put to actual use if OPU became a large group/thing but I'd like to see more people there, that's where I chill, and I'm always in all channels, But if the <MANAGEMENT> could look into it or whatever, or some people could look at this and reconsider where they spend their time. It's none of my business really, but I like to be highly efficient, which the lobby and newb channels don't do.

EDIT:
I'd ALSO like to see more homies on IRC. I know alot of people that are on these forums that fail to login to IRC, for one reason or another. AGAIN.. this is not my business, but I have efficiency issues.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 09:59:42 AM by Leviathan »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 08:58:29 PM »
Well, the lobby can be used to play games on OPU|Bot.

Try commands !acro and !uno next time you are in there.

You can also play with fishbot, and its good for pastes or totally irrelevant material.

As far as the .noob channel, I tend to agree that it doesn't get used enough. And there are noobs on the channel at times that need to learn OP2.

As far as forum people coming on IRC, I totally agree. News breaks faster in realtime. You are totally missing out on the community if you don't use IRC.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
Yes its true the noob channel is some what useless but i thing it will stick around.  As for the people who only want to sit on the forums i think they should start getting on irc once in a while or start getting removed from the forums. there is what like 300 registered people here and only a quarter log into irc.

Offline xamlit

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 11:16:05 PM »
Hmm.. Agreed. I know that occasionally we will use the lobby channel to rant about totally ludicrious stuff. And I do think that its a great place to post large amounts of data.

As for the newb channel....yeah it stinks... We definately need to do something about it or remove it from opu script autologin.

Offline Sl0vi

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 05:02:42 AM »
well, I've noticed someone has been enjoying the noob channel lately  :rolleyes:  
!!!YAY!!!

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 04:44:20 PM »
LOL i was expecting alot of flaming and stuff, excellent, I feel special :)

Panda

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 05:37:33 PM »
I've kinda felt both lobby and noob are kinda useless. (When I actually remember noob even exists). I guess lobby does occasionally get some use, but it seems like the name is misleading. It should probably be "spam" instead.  B)

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 05:54:04 PM »
Lobby is used a lot, as well as coding is, its noob which is not because were not big enough to split up into two gameing roomcs currently.

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 06:08:08 PM »
Maybe we're big enough, but 50+% of people won't show up on IRC. We have a killa community going here, but not on IRC!

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 07:16:21 AM »
Please dont dis IRC panda, ive worked long and hard to get it as great as it is now. When i joined the comunity no one played op2 multi, now just look at the gamers list and you will c how many players we have now.

Offline Sl0vi

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 08:21:59 AM »
IRC is the best! No other chat system comes close to it! and probably the only chat program I use, and I use it for more then OP2.

The community on forums is pretty dead. Most posters here are also on IRC! I think we lost many non-IRC members when the site went down. Which it is better for all members to use IRC!
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 09:58:32 AM »
When we had that site downtime some members found there way on to IRC and they normaly wouldnt come on IRC. It shows they can come on but dont. Maybe i should just take the site down to force them onto irc ?

forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=1547

And I totaly agree Sl0vi, IRC totaly rocks :D

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 01:13:04 PM »
Great, now Lev is threatening to take down the forums :(

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 04:40:51 PM »
threatening? jokeing to take em down cuz of the fustration of users not comin on irc, i would never take site down