Author Topic: Qestion about backup option.  (Read 3100 times)

Offline zhukant

Qestion about backup option.
« on: April 27, 2005, 09:45:27 AM »
If you go into windows explorer (the one with the folder tree on the left), and you right click C, and you click properties, then you go into the tools tab, there is the option to backup your harddrive "now". I'm using Windows XP Pro. What does this do and how does it work?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 10:48:18 AM by Leviathan »
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:56:49 AM »
It is a backup wizard. When using microsoft products, mainly windows, check their site, they have a lot of help.

Go here for info on that.

If you got a CD burner, if all ur files u need to save r under 700mb, put them in one folder, thne burn that folder.

Offline zhukant

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 04:54:05 PM »
Okay, now I realize the big problem. You see, my computer cannot copy and paste. This not only means that I can't put quiz results on this forum, but that I can't click and drag files from one location into another. This also means that I cannot copy the contents of my harddrive onto my other harddrive so that I can reformat the former. WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline Mez

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 10:13:57 AM »
erm
 instal another os onto the 2nd HDD then boot that hdd and install the 1st hdd as a secondary.

Then copy contents from 1st hdd over

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 11:00:42 AM »
You can install the OS on any drive, such as the primary, just chose a different folder on install.

Offline zhukant

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 01:02:10 AM »
Do I have to reformat my second HDD?

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 09:52:21 AM »
Depends what you wanna do.

I would just install XP again to a new folder and use that install. You can delete the other after your setup if u need the space.