Author Topic: Oputool Feature/functionality Request  (Read 10222 times)

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Oputool Feature/functionality Request
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005, 04:21:12 PM »
A BUNCH of suggestions:

Another icon that takes you to your Media player.

Also, leeor_net, I told you about that Time change thing, Where it takes your system time and using info given when a pin is made, it calculates the time where that pin is. (using GMT or something). You should also be able to switch between 12 hour and 24 hour time.

Quoting from the other thread :P

In my folowing ideas, the MOTD would pop up when you start OPUTool up. It is a seperate window or something, maybe even give the option of making it transparent and have it go ON TOP of your current window!

This MOTD idea is awesome, I hope it gets added to some future release   

People can choose to recieve updates on various projects. (this needs to be able to update the list of projects whenever OPU tool is run) Then, for that MOTD, we can have a file that is on the site and is downloaded when people check (the checkbox) that they want to recieve updates on that project. It would be similar to a newsletter. These files for the MOTD could also be an image with text on it (would be very sweet, very similar to Hacker's signature). There would be a file on each project subdomain that can be updated whenever needed, and the MOTD would use that image or file on the MOTD.

The MOTD wiki idea would also be cool, have it be able to be turned on and off and have it show the last changes that were made to the Wiki. (you'd have to edit the wiki PHP to output a list of the people and things that were changed each time an OPUtool user "visits" but doesn't display a certain link. OR you could make a custom wiki page that does this all by itself.... It would have the latest changes and maybe Wiki news and whatnot. You would be able to "merge" repetitive updates, like: "23 updates on OPUTool wiki page: Stormy: I'm testing this system"
When you click on that, it goes to the page with the changes.

A way to put the current webpage URL on the clipboard would be nice.

BTW: Are there any releases of OPUTool for Linux? I might switch over to Linux soon (blender runs better under Linux)

I can't wait to begin talking about this and to maybe see it implemented :D

stormy :op2:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 04:24:05 PM by Stormy »
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 04:39:50 PM »
You and your blender stormy...  :wacko:

You'd better not forget to use my name for the user map. Or something like it, I can't remember what it was...
(has nothing else worth saying)
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 03:42:09 PM »
Like windows has a sound played when it loads, and some other apps do...

the tool should have 'savent series computer activated' sound when it loads :)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 06:31:15 PM »
I'm very glad that I asked for feature ideas/requests because there are a LOT that have been posed here!

OPUTool will not be supported under Linux... at all. It is coded entirely in VB (I hate GUI programming with C++) and thus not suitable for a Linux distribution.

If there is someone that knows how to port VB code and forms to Linux then great. Contact me and we'll get that part of it rolling as well.

If not than OPUTool will be completely Win32 based (useable on Win98+ machines) and that's not likely to change.

I absolutely love the MOTD ideas and Project Updates. That will DEFINATLY be added after 1.3.2 (I'm now polishing off a few more things and it will then be released).

As far as the address bar is concerned, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that. I will likely have a field rather than a drop-down combo that's just updated with the URL. Typing in a URL will yield nothing. OPUTool isn't supposed to be a full-featured browser as it is and I would like to add this without violating that principle. Any ideas?

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2005, 07:07:54 AM »
The firefox support rocks :) It should be default imo.

U should add File > New Browser.

In quick links add Todays Active Topics to forum links.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2005, 01:33:25 PM »
The new browser idea as well as a tabbed view for the browsers was suggested by Stormy and is definatly a good one. It shouldn't be too difficult to add support for that.