Author Topic: Does OP2 have command line arguments?  (Read 1535 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Does OP2 have command line arguments?
« on: April 20, 2005, 11:19:44 AM »
Does OP2 have any command line arguments? If so, does it have any that would start the program with an internet connection? (Like, /join /create /ipaddress, etc.) ?

It would be very helpful if this was the case. However, if it is not, there must be internal commands (maybe in the DLL?) that would have the same results?

It would be great to have some feedback. Thanks!

:op2: Leeor Dicker

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 01:28:22 PM »
There are a few command line arguments that Hacker and Haxtor have played around with. I haven't paid much attention to them though. I think one was /SIGS or similar. Anyways, nothing to start a game using an IP address though.

And as for the DLL.... Which DLL? And I'm not sure we currently know enough to hack something like that in. We could try replacing the shell DLL sometime. That would allow for more control over the menu system, and possibly starting games. Or you could just hack the SIGS DLLs. At any rate, something that integrates nicely with the game will be quite a ways off.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 02:04:30 PM »
Yeah, the command line arguments are very basic. (and the code to handle some of them is incomplete, actually)

The most i have found regarding multiplayer sessions are these.

/net: -- (Including the : ) it will start the game and open the multiplayer dialog directly up - where you pick a connection type.

/net:sigs -- This is the equivalent of opening the game, and going Multiplayer > SIGS. (It will do this at game startup).
You can't do /net:tcpip or anything like that, it checks string literals exactly like "/net:", "/net:sigs" -- it doesn't parse any data after the colon, and those are the only two strings it checks regarding the "/net" argument.

There are some other arguments that were either removed, or don't do anything in the first place (uncomplete).

/map:name -- supposedly loads map name.map. It doesn't quite work though. If you omit the :name part, it shows newworld.map.

/noshell -- starts the game directly to the game (with the gray borders) instead of going to the menus. Still, pretty useless though.

/noview, /playback, /cmdlog -- These were never finished, the code simply checks for the presence of these switches and throws the result away (subroutine ends).