Author Topic: Forum Move  (Read 24522 times)

Offline Drakmar

Forum Move
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2005, 08:27:57 PM »
What bothers me is that we keep having to go through all of this. It's like a cycle that will never end: One person has control. That person loses control to someone who is working for the "Greater Good". That person becomes worse than his predessesor. And it repeats on and on. It happened with Killer, then Xfir. When will it happen again????

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Forum Move
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2005, 08:54:06 PM »
When enough people get ticked enough at lev and hacker, lol
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Drakmar

Forum Move
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2005, 09:00:22 PM »
Well, I know that. I meant will it take 2 years, 1 year, or is it all ready beginning?? I have been through too much to see the Outpost Community to fall because of a small group of power hungry people! It's happened too many times already! The Outpost Community may not survive another forum collapse!!!!

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Forum Move
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2005, 09:52:36 PM »
that was exactly what I was talking about, we need to find a way to keep even hacker and lev in check, no offence persionally I like you guys, but I have seen it before, over time good guys become corrupt, and have to be ousted, we need a way to stablilize
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline jesusfreak06

Forum Move
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2005, 10:52:18 PM »
nice log
here is mine from that day;
xfirlog.txt
Howevea Joe it actauly started weeks ago, but the falling out with xfir started months ago.
well we disagreed on stuff and didnt like his control. so we moved it, then he took down all op2 sites and forum
its not xfir's fault, hes not a bad guy, we just wanted control which he wouldnt give.

and thanks a lot to xfir for linking us from from old url to new  :D
exactly lev, u wanted all the power and control of the forum.. well, what about when someone takes it from u.. there is a chain of commands and u broke it, therefor, ur rear is fair game.. and u says this is for the benefit of the community, i didn't get to vote b 4 the change happened.. how is it goin to benefit me? and xfir's nice like that, to help u guys and link.. man, u r SO low...  
I am a dork! but hey, i'm a Christian dork.

Offline Drakmar

Forum Move
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2005, 10:54:07 PM »
Right. I like you guys too, but this wasn't done the right way. I think that there should be one other Admin that you don't know the password to, and a few other Global Moderators.

Offline mustang09-06

Forum Move
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2005, 10:54:08 PM »
Well lev and hacker I have to say you guys have acted like some real pricks. X was and still is a good admin whether u 2 want to see it or not. Just b/c u 2 want total controll of everything doesn't mean u have to overthrow an exceptional admin.  I don't think u 2 will win this war in the end. (the actual community is against u 2 or at least most of them)  This is the biggest load of bull I think I've ever heard in my entire life.   (thumbsdown)

On a more positive note: At least all our post numbers will go up now. lol :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 10:56:15 PM by mustang09-06 »

Offline Drakmar

Forum Move
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2005, 11:08:25 PM »
Yeh, too bad someone had to get backstabbed for it to happen!

Offline it2000us

Forum Move
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2005, 06:56:03 AM »
Ok guys lets just chill now. What happened, happend for a reason and theres nothing we can do now. All this talking is just a waste of time now, considering that theres nothing you can do now that we moved. So lets just stop harrasing lev and hacker and move on.

Just wait till something else happens, then you can start voising you'r oppinions again.

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
Forum Move
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2005, 07:01:21 AM »
There's nothing else we can do? What about starting a new community?

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Forum Move
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2005, 07:06:59 AM »
the way it happened was probably not the best, but anyways, it happened and we now have to make the best of it.
Any complaints are pointless unless somebody has a real alternative which is supported by enough people. (what do you want? move back to xfir? i doubt, he's still interested; just complain? that will only harm the community)

btw, I'd like to see the advantages, the move gave us. Where are they?

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2005, 08:17:50 AM »
the fact is we wernt 100% ready to move. as i think you can c from the log (i aint looked at it). i pasted somthing i shouldnt have which made xfir take down the forums. so we moved then. were talkin in team forum about what are first steps will be. also we didnt think we should change anything this first week. so far the advantages are, new url, new site, we have control over domain/reseller account directly so can add sites for people. we got more or less unlimited space and lots of bandwidth now. u can have 1000 pm's on the forums. and right, complaing just makes tensions we dont need.

So what should we do with the forums?

Offline it2000us

Forum Move
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2005, 10:27:16 AM »
Leave the forum as it is, dont chaNGE anything.
Dont start comming up with things to change, the forum is fine the way it is.

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2005, 11:23:55 AM »
Were gonna add a IRC help section thats for sure.

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Forum Move
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2005, 12:43:13 PM »
I think we need a History page with fun facts about Outpost and Op2, With lots more detail. Includeing several interviews Demos and info on the community. Maybe something like a Mission statement would be good? "New levels More Players More Fun"  

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2005, 01:17:53 PM »
Good suggestions as allways from you Haxtor.

That stuff should go on the website, but could be linked from forum.

Anything else for site put in website thread.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Forum Move
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2005, 06:35:58 PM »
I know some people are going to hate me for saying this, but we should really think about a major forum clean up, dumping anything that is no longer useful.  And if people still want to see it, it can be saved and archived on a site.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2005, 06:41:28 PM »
Yep does sounds like a good idea. i sure was thinking it also.
Id like to do it after we do any re-arangeing and adding of sections.
Howevea we wont need to, or should have to delete any threads, were find a place for em.  

Offline Drakmar

Forum Move
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2005, 08:08:22 PM »
Re-arranging the Forum!?!?!?!? First you get rid of Xfir and now you want to change everything!?!? Why don't you poll everyone first!

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2005, 05:31:40 AM »
Drakmar yes we are going to ask people first. Like i said, we wernt 100% ready to move when we did and were talking in the team forum about what we will first post to ask people about. Thanks for the input.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 05:32:04 AM by Leviathan »

Offline LastElderofEden

Forum Move
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2005, 07:19:53 AM »
I have not played op2 for quite some time now, but I have always kept on eye on things in this community. I played with Lev in DO, and also X back in the days on WON. It is truly sad to see the level to which you have sunk, lev and hacker. I personally would like to see you realize that what you did was completely wrong, admit it, apologize to x, and let him have his forum back. Even after he pulled the knife out of his back, he still set up a link to this "new" forum. any of your logs could have been edited to better suit your cause, to make the people here fall more to your favor, to make the community believe what you want them to, "for the good of the community" right? Now hopefully I can coax x back out and start things up again, and make it right. Would appreciate anyone else interested in his return to send out an email to him, letting him know that the community is behind him, minus lev and hacker. Enjoy your forums, may they be your undoing.

Some of the tags I played op2 under,

ElderA.M.
<DO> Shadowed
RedAxen
LastElderOfEden

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2005, 07:58:41 AM »
Thanks for the input and making your view clear, and thanks for sticking with Oupost 2 over the years. Were sorry to xfir, because hes the one that loseing out here. It's wrong we took the foums off his hands, but we had our reasons which are clear by now.
I find it hard to beleaive any one would suggest we would edit or fabraciate logs, or edivence, your very misinformed. (Joe did edit his log to show some talk over 2 days). We could get logs from several people, if that would satisfy some people, chanches are it wouldnt.
What does it matter where the forum is, if you dont even post regualry or help to keep them active. We may have control over the forums but the community decides what happens from now on, xfir not as head admin truely means total freedom.
And starting a new forum is totaly the wrong way to vent your anger, we dont wish to split people up. We knew this move would annoy people but it should not mean people should leave the community. We want this move to make us stronger, which ultimately it will!
Also read the How We Got So Far thread. Thanks again. We shaken things up but we got forum activity. More to come, in the form of questions from us, soon :D
How about you trust us, give us a chanch and see where it goes?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 08:11:14 AM by Leviathan »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Forum Move
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2005, 08:51:27 AM »
It is truly sad to see the level to which you have sunk, lev and hacker.
I keep comparing it to what killer did to us, but, before he cleared out his account here, plym pointed out to me they aren't the same.  Still, it was on the same basic platform area.

any of your logs could have been edited to better suit your cause, to make the people here fall more to your favor, to make the community believe what you want them to, "for the good of the community" right?

it's not the case in this instance, I conformed each line of it with xfir.

I personally would like to see you realize that what you did was completely wrong, admit it, apologize to x, and let him have his forum back. Even after he pulled the knife out of his back, he still set up a link to this "new" forum.

they'll just keep saying their favorite line, "It was for the good of the community."

Now hopefully I can coax x back out and start things up again, and make it right. Would appreciate anyone else interested in his return to send out an email to him, letting him know that the community is behind him, minus lev and hacker.

go to xfir's site, and click on the comments thing at the bottom of the newest news item.  You will find this:

Comment by: xfir on Mar 23 2005 

I'm not entirely sure I want to run it again. I want to take a break from it all for a while to get things sorted out then I will think about it. I'm not going to attempt to hacker or break the forum as it is now, that would be underhanded and irresponsible.
The only real way I would take control of the forum again is if the community itself asks me. ... I would like an apology from Leviathan and Hacker, but the chances of that are slim.
CK9 in outpost

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Forum Move
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2005, 09:00:26 AM »
Edited irc-logs -> :lol:

The forum takeover was probably not the best way to sort out conflicts with xfir (which definetly existed), but how can one even think that Leviathan and Hacker did that only to gain more power? They have done so much for the community and now they wanted to improve it even more.
I doubt, the community would last long without Levi and Hacker. I can't yet say, how long it can last without xfir, but since his role wasn't that essential...

I won't go any further and this is not supposed to justify the latest events, but many of those who don't agree with the forum move, don't really seem to care about Outpost.

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
Forum Move
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2005, 09:50:50 AM »
Khm...
I care about Outpost 2, though my time is what makes me hard to do it.
Now. I talked to xfir and also read his thoughts on his site because I for one care about... 'Old members' too.
I now understand what stress he is under, debt, bankrupt. But you guys. You don't. I dunno if you pay for the domain. I don't care. I don't know whose side to be on. Maybe I just leave you for months and think...
Xfir was a good admin... Oh sure he didn't play OP2 bleh... But you can't say that he did NOTHING for the community...
Giving more power to admins would've made more confusion, and maybe another thing like the Kiler thing.
Do not blame xfir. I see and agree his view.

Oh and... ban me if you like it... You just lose another person of the community. Do it to anyone who do see and agree xfir's view, and the half of the community is ruined. Then you won't be better than Kiler.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 09:52:49 AM by PlayingOutpost0-24 »
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.