Author Topic: Forum Move  (Read 24800 times)

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2005, 10:19:09 AM »
We dont want to lose anyone from the community. We sure wont be baning anyone, that goes for xfir too, his account is removed currently but that dosent mean were not gonna let him post here. Yes he was a member of the community, but as TH300 says, his role was not essential. We can live with out him, tho like any member his work is a help to us, he did help with PHP and other stuff.

And how can you have any idea of what we know and dont know? xfir has been under a lot of stress for quite some time. Like i said (i think its in the log people have seen) i would like to leave him in peace.

Keep the posts coming...

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
Forum Move
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2005, 03:10:02 PM »
The last part didn't go for you Levi :P
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Forum Move
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2005, 04:20:20 PM »
what exactly do you mean PlayingOP ?

xfir was a good admin to the general public. But they don't know the full story. He actually disallowed us from doing simple stuff like creating forums, etc. to him, his interests > ours.

And no we are not going to ban anyone! If we were to do that then we truly WOULD be ego trip people like Killer was.

Offline zigzagjoe

Forum Move
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2005, 06:28:50 PM »
Would you be able to post or allow us to see some of the messages, etc, that shows xfirs actions?

Offline spirit1flyer

Forum Move
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2005, 06:32:14 PM »
Would you be able to post or allow us to see some of the messages, etc, that shows xfirs actions?

I would like to see them too
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2005, 06:34:27 PM »
I was also thinking of adding a new archive section as part of forum clean/sort out. This would be where we can move topics which were in opu team forum. im sure ppl wouldnt mind seeing what we talk about.

Forum Move
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2005, 03:51:43 AM »
I would like to see them too
I third that.
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline LastElderofEden

Forum Move
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
Lev,

1. Your "reasons" for taking the forums from x, are in your own interests, regardless of the fact that you think its better, you simply wanted to make changes x wouldn't permit, more than likely for good reason, as others have posted that the forums were fine as is

2. I've seen people fabricate logs before, to inflate their image and assert control, after what has happened here, I wouldn't put it past you two to do that either, as for me being misinformed, I only have the forums to draw my info from, and last time I checked you guys wanted to hear peoples opinions, perhaps you should have specified that you wanted us to worship you from saving us from the terrible admin that wouldn't let you have control.

3. If I don't matter simply because I don't post regularly, what's to say that you believe anyone else is important at all?

4. Starting another forum will solve a few problems, one name lev, the other hacker

5. You knew the move would annoy people, yet you did it in an underhanded way, without consent, and from looking at the posts here, few actually thought it neccessary at all, you could have just started your own, and x would've been more that happy to 1) be rid of you 2) post multiple links so other could follow you over if they desired

6. This move has already and will continue to weaken the community, as you have planted the seeds of distrust among the people you claim to be helping, you've alienated x, and those who knew him, thought well of him or his forum setup.

7. Why do you have forum activity? maybe because of the move and the way things are, not because you're forum is sooooooo much better than before.

8. Anyone with a brain would no longer trust you further than they could throw you.

I hate to be a d**k about this, but I'm so f***ing good at it, and for once, I'm sure people would back me up on this.

Forum Move
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2005, 11:12:19 AM »
I am still wondering what to do... I agree LastElder.
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline spirit1flyer

Forum Move
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2005, 11:12:57 AM »
LastElderofEden I agree with most of what you said  ;)
and you are right a lot of poeple agree with you  

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2005, 11:23:07 AM »
What you should do is stay with the community PlayingOutpost, unless all of a sudden you dont like Outpost 2.

The forum was fine how it was, but it needs changs if we are to expand and move forward.

Can all you do is moan? Not got anything to contribute or suggest to the community?

If we were to leave the community, to start our own forums or anything there would be no major improvments, projects, etc and the community would move along pritty slowly im sure. Me and hacker do the most work for the community.
Dont you apreshiate it? Dont you want a web site or a new OP2 Map Editor for instance ?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 11:35:50 AM by Leviathan »

Offline spirit1flyer

Forum Move
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2005, 11:52:18 AM »
perhaps you see the good from this move we see the cost of it

Loyal Xfir supporter

Forum Move
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2005, 12:24:29 PM »
Levi. I'll be watching the forums after this move but I can't say anything now. Don't expect anything from me yet. I may change my views but then I would be backstabbing x too...
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2005, 12:29:01 PM »
The Outpost community is here. We moved it here :blink:
Staying here is not backstabbing xfir in anywany if thats what you mean...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 12:32:48 PM by Leviathan »

Forum Move
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2005, 12:35:39 PM »
No. I mean changing my side at this moment would be backstabbing ;)
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline Drakmar

Forum Move
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2005, 08:55:15 PM »
What you should do is stay with the community PlayingOutpost, unless all of a sudden you dont like Outpost 2.

The forum was fine how it was, but it needs changs if we are to expand and move forward.

Can all you do is moan? Not got anything to contribute or suggest to the community?
Don't like Outpost??? You are trying to manipulate everyone by saying: If you like OP2, stay here!

And MOAN??? You're upset becuasing we're pissed at you?!?!?!? Oh, I understand, what was I thinking, we should all just put our trust in you and bow down and call you our Ruler right?!?!??!?!?!

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2005, 08:57:22 PM »
We dont wish to rule, we want to put the power with the community. Were not upset at people being anoyed, we knew people would be.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 08:58:37 PM by Leviathan »

Forum Move
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2005, 08:58:36 PM »
But you can always stop harrassing with post ya views...
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Forum Move
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2005, 05:16:25 PM »
... And so can the opposition.

To be honest I'm sick of arguing back and forth between us and the people against us.

We knew it would piss ppl off, we couldn't have done anything to prevent that. However if we let ourselves recover instead of getting into a big debate over who was right, both sides will come out better.

Offline Leviathan

Forum Move
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2005, 05:32:59 PM »
Yeah, argueing gets us no where.

Also nstead of just moaning at us, how about you give us some input on community issues.

Were asking how you want things done, so tell us. And if you want any more issues posted, pm me.  

Forum Move
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2005, 04:57:51 AM »
Khm. khm. khm. Don't forget you moan too. I mourn for x.
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline mustang09-06

Forum Move
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2005, 09:31:02 PM »
I'll tell u what I would like done. I would like X to be admin again. Think u can handle that?  

Offline xamlit

Forum Move
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »
Okay.... Here is what I gather from the situation. The forum move wasn't exectuted swiftly enough and was done in a undermining way. Like Leviathan said he slipped up and paseted something in the wrong section. Thats why xfir too the forum down in the first place. In Xfir really did care and have a passion other than being an admin don't you think that he will already have a forum up? Look, the change happened we are not going back its permanent hopefully. Obviously anything is better if someone who is actually passionate about the game is in charge (and hard to beat at op2). Besides you guys are just to'ed because of the forum change... Most of the people who are mad are mad just because of the sake of being mad. Eventually perhaps you will start a little forum of op2hacker and lev haters.. How long do you actually think that will last? You will trickle away and eventually just stop posting and visiting the forums altogether. I am telling you this in the most honest and sober prose I can. Yeah it sounds harsh but its the truth.  

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Forum Move
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2005, 06:04:28 AM »
I wouldn't mind if intemperate and agressive people like shezzah_killah just left.

The reason why I am on Leviathan's and Hacker's side is that the community NEEDS them.

Offline shezzah_killah

Forum Move
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2005, 04:03:32 AM »
dude, just showing my view. im leaving now, i cant be f***ed arguing with those assholes who reckon lev and hacker are write. there both backstabbing hypocritical bastards and the "community" wud be betta wth xfir.