Author Topic: The .ini File  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Tellaris

The .ini File
« on: February 20, 2005, 04:01:08 AM »
Really, a simple little modification is required to fix movies.

Find your outpost2.ini file in your install folder.  Open it.

Look under the heading of [GAME]

You should see something like this.

[Game]
Music=0
MusicVol=0
Sound=1
SoundVol=0
GameSpeed=10
ScrollRate=4
Overlay=1
Ambient=0
StationaryShadows=0
MobileShadows=0
IntroAVI=0
ShowMovies=0
SpiffyDraw=1
FrameSkip=2
Name=Baikon
Demo=15

If you have op2.clm, simply turn on music in game, or change the Music value from 0 to 1.
To turn on the game's AVI movies, change these values:
IntroAVI=0
ShowMovies=0
To equal 1, both.   This will re enable the game's movies.   By default, this is disabled.    If you do not have the files, changing this will not really do anything.
For the majority of these settings, from Overlay to SpiffyDraw, valid numbers are 1 and 0, 0 is off, 1 is on.
Spiffy Draw is the menu graphic.
Frame Skip valid numbers are 1 and 2.   1 is off.   By default this is enabled.   It causes the game to skip frames, giving a choppy appearence (for slow computers of course).   This is disabled in the game options menu.   Or through the .ini if you want.

Currently I have no idea what Demo does.

Oh, and by changing values below this in the Game Window will affect screen size.   Max. Valid resolution is 1024 x 768
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 04:03:36 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
The .ini File
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 01:34:49 PM »
Thanks Baikon, I forgot about that in the op2dl. (Actually, I don't know why I disabled that really, you won't get any errors if it can't find movies/music and you have them enabled).

However, I would not recommend changing anything manually other than ShowMovies. Changing certain values might cause some strange effects.

For all other settings, please use the in game configuration.

Offline Tellaris

The .ini File
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 08:38:09 PM »
Changing spiffydraw just gives you the windows look that you find in the demo.   Not really any major concern.   Generally, so long as you don't go and change the music/sound volume, I have not seen any strange effects, all it seems to do is use the closest value...   ex. if you change Spiffydraw to =4, it just behaves as if it equals 2.   Changing the sound and music values dosn't seem to cause any major problems, but you can get it to display -2 as the volume level in game...    
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 08:41:18 PM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Starfox00000

The .ini File
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 02:28:41 PM »
Im pretty sure the "demos" is to turn on/off the in-game screensaver. you know "oupost 2 demo mode iniated" and it shows 3 diffrent (random) peices of game footage

Offline Leviathan

The .ini File
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 10:43:52 PM »
New ini file on default has this. It means if you copy the music CLM or the movie files into the folder you dont have to do anything to get them to work. Just to help noobs, ya no ;)
Code: [Select]
[Game]
Music=1
MusicVol=1
Sound=1
SoundVol=0
GameSpeed=8
ScrollRate=5
Overlay=1
Ambient=1
StationaryShadows=0
MobileShadows=0