Author Topic: Question about the "Dan's" cheats...  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Bboy_TK

Question about the "Dan's" cheats...
« on: January 09, 2005, 12:47:34 PM »
I quit playing a loing time ago afte having beaten everything on all the hardest difficulties (I would still get my butt whipped in multiplayyer but so what). Im playing again for nostalgia purposes lol. i was loking for some new cheats and found some.

** Please do not post cheats ** workds. so does the make more ore and hold more people one.

for the **** cheat, does it mount up? i used it on my Thors hammer Tiger and of course it increased. when i did it again it seemed as though the attack rate doubled again. i did it so many times eventually the speakers did not even play the sound to go with the attack (i presume because it was firing so fast?) so....is that what happened?

Also, i was playing and my gaurd Turrets started to blow up at rrandom, is that natural?

one last thing, is there anything u can do against vortexes? i was completing the Eden colony buiulder and just as i was almost to the winning population point, a vortex materialized and zigzagged its way over my Com center. (i didnt have another one) phooey.

alrighht thanks alot yall, can't talk no more.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 01:11:45 PM by op2hacker »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 01:13:43 PM »
Yea, that cheat doubles, triples effect everytime you type it in.

Oh, btw, I'd ask that you not type the actual words to the cheat, we have rules against that. (Just mention what it does, not the actual cheat text itself). (Cheats work in multiplayer)

We are removing cheats from the game soon however, so don't worry too much about it.

Offline Bboy_TK

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 03:01:57 PM »
but they are fun to use in singleplayer. maybe is there a way where you can totally isolate it to single player? oh well. nice game lol

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 02:43:17 AM »
We've thought about removing cheats only from multiplayer but that is a lot of extra work and we don't really know how to do it. (The specifics of how would take more time than I'd care to devote to it). Removing them complety is dead simple so we're going with that idea. If you really want to play with cheats, you can use a different copy of OP2 (or just the exe). This of course applies to multiplayer where you might all decide to allow cheats by deciding to play with a different exe. Note that a client that allows cheats will never be compatible with a client that allows cheats, so you can't just use a different exe to cheat in multiplayer. (This is true even if you hack your client. It's just not possible to affect the remote client so the cheat has any affect.)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 05:46:37 AM »
Why make a fuss about beating the game on hard level when you cheat ?

I'd imagine it be sort of simple then...

There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 04:38:46 PM »
Damaged guardposts blow up at random.   There is no specific time limit to this (I've actually tested this, 2 guardposts damaged nearly the same at the same time...   The least damaged one blew up first.)
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Bboy_TK

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 05:32:28 PM »
Do incoming enemies automatically attack walls or do they move around them unles they are completley restricting off their path to your base?

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 09:17:29 PM »
Only AI tanks will do that.    Yours will just try to go around, or just pile up beside the wall.
Click Here For Coolness

Offline Bboy_TK

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 09:23:57 PM »
so basically walls arent good for anything. what can you use walls for anyways? in terms of fighting.

and is there like a branching diagram of the requirements for a certain research topic? that woul be loads helpful.

and in the colony games, are there more besides those five? if so how do i get them? Can i dowload Xtra files?

Oh, and i dont think i said sorry for typing those cheats. sorry lots didnt know

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 01:23:47 AM »
some wepons like microwave's can not shoot over buildings or walls.
so if u used walls u could make units (microwaves) attack u at an entrance, u could then kill the units 1 or 2 at a time as they came at u. RPGs can fire over buildings and walls.

Walls are very usefull.

Offline A_Person

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 06:21:30 AM »
walls are also good for annoying people if you make enough of them XD

A_person

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 02:30:59 PM »
Walls are useful even for weapons that can shoot over them, you can use them to totally block off your base a long distance from the base, so the longer range units can't get thru without destroying the wall (and by the time they break through the wall, you'll probably be ready to take them by sending a force to counter them). Maybe even add a couple scouts behind the walls, so you get a message when something comes up to the walls.

In grids (multiple layers) of wall blocking a passage, they're a lot cheaper and more efficient than building several GP's. (The GP's cost a lot more, and require power)

Offline Bboy_TK

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »
do the actual makers of the game participate in this forum>

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »
Not that we know of.   If they are, they arn't coming forward.   The creators have long since moved on to other things...   You have to remember, this was released around '97 I believe?
Click Here For Coolness

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 06:54:03 PM »
And the company (Dynamix) has gone bankrupt.

The lead programmer (Dan Duncalf) now works for Pipeworks, Inc.
Apparently his company wrote a bootloader (program that loads the operating system into memory at system startup) for the Xbox.

I have talked to him, but not recently (probably 2 or 3 yrs ago)

Offline Bboy_TK

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 08:53:41 PM »
ohhhhh cause everyone was talking about developiong and stuff so i thot that like levithian and the admin were the actual makers, before i realzied that they didnt say that they were affinated with Seirra. lol.

dfound out a good defense. line of emp gaurd post (straight line) then place tiger thors or RPGs behind, after the emps disable (plymouth have the vehicles be reprogrammed. if eden, let the emp gaurd post disable until they get disabled, then the thors behind the line of emps will attack. also, place the thors far enuff apart so they arent hit by the emp wave also. haha every1 knew that....=(

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 05:07:27 AM »
Bboy, instead of using RPG's, you should go for ESG's.

They do alot more damage to group attacks. I only use RPG's for attacking buildings ;)

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 10:36:01 AM »
ESGs keep armys at bay. well lynx armys

Offline Bboy_TK

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2005, 06:57:04 PM »
how bout esgs with emps? then the tigers would go down too right?

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2005, 03:51:43 AM »
Yeah, ESG's combined with lots of EMP's is the best defense for Plymouth.

That combo will deal damage/death to any army approaching, and though is seems to be more effective against lynxes, the effect is the same on tigers, though it takes some longer time.

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 05:09:37 PM »
Lots of Thor+EMP can do just as well, even better if you do it right...
Click Here For Coolness

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 07:33:15 PM »
The "Dan's" cheats have been removed in the latest Outpost 2 update version 1.3.2.

You are requied to use this version to play other people on IRC.