Author Topic: New Gametype!  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Tellaris

New Gametype!
« on: August 21, 2004, 07:04:26 PM »
If this is in the wrong forum, please move.

Supply game!   A new game type where 1 player(or more) plays in a 1v1 (or more) as supporter to both sides!

Current rules we have:

Supply Game

All Game Types:
1. Supply Base Player (SBP) must be (a) dedicated player(s) that only play as a SBP base.

2. When transfering units to another player, to avoid conflict, the SBP must send the units FIRST to the base that will receve the units before he transfres them over

3. The Supplier is Ceasefired during the game. This includes EMP Missile too. Breaking this rule will be reported.

4. The Suppliers MUST NOT stop researching and building to have something to fullify the requests with. Breaking this rule will be reported.

Random Re-enforement Game:
1. All Supplybase players must be fair, and give a even number of units at the same time,and to all players, and those units must be of the same type, weapon and techlevel

Regular Supply Game:

1. Each player has a total of 20 Emergency request, this can be a structure, ore, or food, the supply base has the right to deny this request if he/she dosent have the required recources for the request, technology. Or the Host of the game/match can determine the number of Emergency Requests.

there is a limit on Kit, and Combat Unit Emergency requests:
kit limit (at one time): 4
lynix limit (at one time): 20
Panther Limit (at one time): 15
Tiger limit (at one time): 10

2. If the player requests Ore (weather it be Common or rare), or food. he must transfer over no less than 2 full truck loads of 1000 units and no more then 4 truckloads of 1000 units.

3. If the supply base violates these rules he no longer has "SBase Immunity" and is fair game to attack

4. The Supply Base also has a Defence limit of its own in order to prevent mass rouge attacks. thay are:

20 Lynix
15 Panthers
10 Tigers

*Speical Situation: If the supplier is attacked he has the right to make as many units no matter what class/weapon thay may be to defend himself.

NOTE: This force must remain in his base at all times, or he will be warned

5. If the supplier is destroyed or reported because of breaking rules 2 times, the player has no longer the right to be supplier.

*Speical Condition: If the supplier attacks another player unprovoked (ie the player didnt attack the supplier first) then the supplier is to be destroyed and banned

6. The supplier is allied with every one on the map for easeness of trade
Team Supply Game

The Team Supply game is similar to the normal one except that every team has it’s own supplier here.

Mode based on Einhander’s idea. Documentation written by PlayingOutpost0-24 in Word XP. Thank you for the program, Microsoft.   Creative assistant(s): Baikon

[Edit: minor fixes]
[Edit2: Updates]
[Edit3:More updates, its in there Einher.   #8]
[Edit4: Updated]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 12:43:19 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Einhander

New Gametype!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 09:49:09 PM »
also i may add that the Supply Base player has the choice of race in the matter

i tried to make these rules as fair as possable, there might be some gaps that i will address later. but for right now im satisfied   :D

EDIT: one more rule before i leave, if the supply base violates these rules he no longer has "SBase Immunity" and is fair game to attack!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 09:51:36 PM by Einhander »
Time till New AI is compleated:
[|||----------]

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
New Gametype!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 05:54:19 AM »
Supply game! A new game type where 1 player plays in a 1v1 as supporter to both sides!
Untrue. Any can play but game *should* have a supplier player or 2...

Rule 8. is a bit agressive but its ok.

9. If the supplier is destroyed or reported because of breaking rules 3 times, the player has no longer the right to be supplier.

10. Don't request unfulfillable things (15 Tiger ESGs in 10 marks...) and attacks (attack Red or EMP Missile, etc.). Breaking this rule will count against the requesting player.

Ein: hey i and Baikon made the most of them :D

Baikon: delete Rule 6. (only 5 emergency requests)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 05:59:19 AM by PlayingOutpost0-24 »
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline Einhander

New Gametype!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 11:26:07 AM »
Supply game! A new game type where 1 player plays in a 1v1 as supporter to both sides!
Untrue. Any can play but game *should* have a supplier player or 2...

9. If the supplier is destroyed or reported because of breaking rules 3 times, the player has no longer the right to be supplier.

Ein: hey i and Baikon made the most of them :D

ok let me give some explenations for not liking some of those reasons, and ill give some solutions.

ok let me knock out 2 birds with one stone

Baikon: delete Rule 6. (only 5 emergency requests)

Don't request unfulfillable things (15 Tiger ESGs in 10 marks...) and attacks (attack Red or EMP Missile, etc.). Breaking this rule will count against the requesting player.

first of all if you delete rule 6 then the game will be come very unstable, and unfair. and will allow for side choosing (sence he has the ability to deny requests)

SOLUTION:
i will allow up to 10 (MABY) 15 emergency requests which should be ample. and/or the host of the game/match can choose the amount. Weather it be infinate, or limited.

i propose a vote on this later on in irc between me, Baikon, and Playing Outpost later on upon this matter. sence it concerns game stability and balance.

Second: ill knock out 2 birds with one stone again

i put this here beacuse the Supplier could go rouge and attack every one in one shot that is y i feel that it sould be open to target on one violation. and as well he will loose the privilige perminitly to be a supplier.

SOLUTION:

The supplyer will have a limited defence force WHICH MUST REMAIN INSIDE HIS BASE AT ALL TIMES that he can use to defend agents a unprovoked attack.
LIMITS:

20 lynix
10 panthers
10 tigers

this will be ample defence agents a random attack from a awol player or something lol

The supplyer has 2 chances, if he beas the rules the 2nd time then he is opne to attack
1st a warning 2nd an attack

it the supplyer attacks another player unprovoked (ie the player didnt attack teh supplier first) then the suppier is to be destroyed and banned

(i like to be strict on rules for one reason fairness)

[|||----------]

Offline Einhander

New Gametype!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 11:56:24 AM »
Ok here are the updated rules, thay are as follows

All Game Types:
1. Supply Base Player (SBP) must be (a) dedicated player(s) that only play as a SBP base.

2. When transfering units to another player, to avoid conflict, the SBP must send the units FIRST to the base that will receve the units before he transfres them over

3. The Supplier is Ceasefired during the game. This includes EMP Missile too. Breaking this rule will be reported.

4. The Suppliers MUST NOT stop researching and building to have something to fullify the requests with. Breaking this rule will be reported.

Random Re-enforement Game:
1. All Supplybase players must be fair, and give a even number of units at the same time,and to all players, and those units must be of the same type, weapon and techlevel

Regular Supply Game:

1. Each player has a total of 20 Emergency request, this can be a structure, ore, or food, the supply base has the right to deny this request if he/she dosent have the required recources for the request, technology. Or the Host of the game/match can determine the number of Emergency Requests.

there is a limit on Kit, and Combat Unit Emergency requests:
kit limit (at one time): 4
lynix limit (at one time): 20
Panther Limit (at one time): 15
Tiger limit (at one time): 10

2. If the player requests Ore (weather it be Common or rare), or food. he must transfer over no less than 2 full truck loads of 1000 units and no more then 4 truckloads of 1000 units.

3. If the supply base violates these rules he no longer has "SBase Immunity" and is fair game to attack

4. The Supply Base also has a Defence limit of its own in order to prevent mass rouge attacks. thay are:

20 Lynix
15 Panthers
10 Tigers

*Speical Situation: If the supplier is attacked he has the right to make as many units no matter what class/weapon thay may be to defend himself.

NOTE: This force must remain in his base at all times, or he will be warned

5. If the supplier is destroyed or reported because of breaking rules 2 times, the player has no longer the right to be supplier.

*Speical Condition: If the supplier attacks another player unprovoked (ie the player didnt attack the supplier first) then the supplier is to be destroyed and banned

6. The supplier is allied with every one on the map for easeness of trade
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 02:19:38 PM by Einhander »
[|||----------]

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Gametype!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 12:34:04 PM »
intresting idea, might I add that the supplier should be allied with all players he is supplying, and vice versa

that would help with trading, expecially if the person being traded with has a large army
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
New Gametype!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 01:35:49 PM »
yeah, good idea... might add it to rules...

wow someone who likes our idea :P  
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline plymoth45

New Gametype!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 09:47:19 PM »
The diea sia good Idea, but for when you want to just pound the crap outta someone in a 1v1 or somtin, it gets annoying, other then that it is all good :D