Author Topic: True Christian?...  (Read 12158 times)

Offline Sammyk

True Christian?...
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2004, 05:15:39 PM »
grrr. i really wanted to and mustang said he wanted to be the driver. darn. sry about double posting.

by the way. booboo you did a great job for offeratory. hehe
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 05:16:19 PM by Sammyk »

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
True Christian?...
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2004, 01:58:27 PM »
Well put. And Jesus didn't sin either - the only human ever. I really like that people can talk about their religion. Some are shy from doing it in real person, but this is another way to spread the word if you aren't good at it in reality.
um...what about Abraham?

and i dunno for sure but what about Abel?

(not to mention all the babies that die before they are a week old)

yep, you knew the jewish guy wuold have to post some input into this sooner or later ^^

now, i'm hardly in the know, but isn't the metal fish thingy only on cars of mega orthodox christians of on of the christian churchs? ...think of people like ned flanders from the simpsons for example (though i dunno if he's in the right church for the fish)

anywho... as for what garret's girl said about this:

Way to go guys! I'm not baptised (mom wouldn't let me and i have a feeling that my foster parents wouldn't let me either, traditionalists catholics).  Well, i'm glad people can read and talk about this stuff. I can't go to church or participate in Christian things b/c of my Catholic foster parents who think it's a waste of my life being this religious, but hey, I love my Christ, but I still love it when people get up the guts to tell people how it is. If u live ur life for God and he doesn't exist, then u can't lose. But don't live ur life or God and he does, then you might end up in Hell.

well, if you don't believe in god, well... isn't that ok (wait i'm not done yet). simply cos god gave everyone freewill. however, well... a christian told me that if i didn't believe in christ as the saviour, despite how i live i'll go to hell.
well... what about people who live a good life? ... oh sugar-coated-sausages... i've lost my train of thought ...

um... well i think i was gonna say something along the lines of; if you live a good life you will go to heaven... won't you?
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
True Christian?...
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2004, 02:05:42 PM »
I already said what I felt about Catholic Priests, but I will not repeat it as to not offend anyone. I agree with you Garrettsgirl (what can we call you besides Garrettsgirl...maybe another nickname?) but if you were in their shoes looking at the Christian religion, they would probably have some mean things to say about us as well.
um... catholics ARE christians... they believe in christ as the saviour

you got your anglicans, your 7thday adventists, your protestants, your catholics, your p-p-p...the one starting with a p... and isn't protestant, and a few others who's names i can't remember (like the ones who knock on ppl's doors... johosephich witnesses or something)

.... but they are all christians in that they all believe that christ is the son of god. and the lord etcetera etcetera
(i dunno the full extent of what christians believe about christ)
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline plymoth45

True Christian?...
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2004, 06:39:14 PM »
But the reason some of them are not considered christians is because they do not believe in the trinity. The trinity says that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are all the same thing. Some of them, say Mormons, may believe in Jesus, but they don't believe in the Trinity, there for they don't believe in the same Jesus that christians do.
I am sorry if anyone here is mormon, i did not mean to offend you, i was just trying to make a point.

Offline ZeusBD

True Christian?...
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2004, 11:46:23 PM »
I already said what I felt about Catholic Priests, but I will not repeat it as to not offend anyone. I agree with you Garrettsgirl (what can we call you besides Garrettsgirl...maybe another nickname?) but if you were in their shoes looking at the Christian religion, they would probably have some mean things to say about us as well.
um... catholics ARE christians... they believe in christ as the saviour

you got your anglicans, your 7thday adventists, your protestants, your catholics, your p-p-p...the one starting with a p... and isn't protestant, and a few others who's names i can't remember (like the ones who knock on ppl's doors... johosephich witnesses or something)

.... but they are all christians in that they all believe that christ is the son of god. and the lord etcetera etcetera
(i dunno the full extent of what christians believe about christ)
There are huge difference's between Catholics and Christians.

Catholics worship Mary as though she were on the same level as Jesus. Christians believe that Mary was blessed but that's it.

Catholics focus their attention about Jesus to when he was on the cross, Christian's focus on him arising and walking among us again.

Catholics confess to a human who goes to God for them, Christian's don't believe in the middle man and go straight to God.

Those are the big one's, but there are many other differences.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline plymoth45

True Christian?...
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2004, 10:14:10 AM »
Believe it or not, some catholics have never even read a bible themselves, they have their priest read it to them, thinking their priest is their only link to god, and he is the middle man.

Offline ZeusBD

True Christian?...
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2004, 10:55:22 PM »
I don't want to have to go to a human to talk to God for me. I will talk straight to God myself. But at least they believe in God, and they believe in the same God I do....so at least there's a little bit I can agree with them on.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Offline plymoth45

True Christian?...
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2004, 12:35:28 PM »
There is a little bit of every religion that believe in God that we can agree on.

Offline Sammyk

True Christian?...
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2004, 05:40:07 PM »

Those are the big one's, but there are many other differences.
Maany more. dont catholics believe that during lent or whatever that if you eat meat on a friday you go to hell. what the heck is that. sry to all you catholics but show me where it says that in the bible and ill belive it.

um... well i think i was gonna say something along the lines of; if you live a good life you will go to heaven... won't you?

nope. sry. you have to confess that you believe in God and ask him into your life and become reborn. my youth leader always says that the nicest people are in hell. which is true because they think that if they live a good life dont steal, dont do drugs, blah blah blah that they will go to heaven. but they were wrong

----------------------------------------------------------

and again sry if i offended any1
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 05:41:00 PM by Sammyk »

Offline ZeusBD

True Christian?...
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2004, 11:27:49 PM »
Everyone sins, but if you have to ask for forgiveness and walk with Jesus...believe he is the Savior.

Have any of you heard of Awana? I just joined it as a director (meaning I head the leaders at our church for my age group ((3-6th grade) I am really looking forward to getting started. They are in something like 115 countries and are found in most cities throughout America.

Offline Sammyk

True Christian?...
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2004, 08:25:50 AM »
i used to go to it!! thats awesome. i forgot what the letters stand for though.

Offline jesusfreak06

True Christian?...
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2004, 10:14:10 AM »
way to go plym and zeus for whipping it out.  (u too sammyk).   i was catholic for 14 years of my life before i became christian.  catholics don't put themselves into that catrgory.  they say "may god bless the catholics and the 'good' denomination."  i'm sry, but God has only 1 church and his church is the "Church of God."  of those who are saved in any denomination are a part of this denomination.  it talks about this church of God 12 times in the new testament.  and
johosephich witnesses
is jehova's witnesses.  and btw, the whole church of god applies to any religion too.  so as long as God resides in your heart, and you are saved, you're good:)  
I am a dork! but hey, i'm a Christian dork.

Offline Sammyk

True Christian?...
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2004, 01:42:33 PM »
we learned that in church yesterday. dont take all the credit for thinking that up. joking. haha

Offline Ben362

True Christian?...
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2004, 12:07:28 AM »
yes but jehova's witnesses have some very distorted views and enjoy taking single versed out of context so they can show things their way, using a Bible.  

Offline Sammyk

True Christian?...
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2004, 01:39:14 PM »
i dont like them people. they come to your house waaaaaay to early in the morning and im not in my yelling mood.......???    

dont ask

Offline ZeusBD

True Christian?...
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2004, 11:51:27 AM »
AWANA: Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed

Which comes from the bible verse Timothy 2:15. Here is Timothy 2:15 depending on your version of the bible.

2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJV)
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

ABOUT AWANA:

The acronym Awana comes from the first letters of Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed (2 Timothy 2:15).

Awana began in 1950 as a youth program at the North Side Gospel Center in Chicago, Illinois. Lance Latham, the church pastor, worked with Art Rorheim to develop a program that would appeal to young people, reach them with the gospel of Christ and train them in the Lord’s work. Other churches heard about the success of the Awana program and asked if they could use it. By 1960, Awana had registered 900 clubs.

Today, there are more than 10,000 churches in the United States that have Awana clubs. There are clubs in all 50 states. Awana can also be found in over 3,000 churches in 110 other countries.

Go to www.awana.org
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 11:52:58 AM by ZeusBD »

Offline Sammyk

True Christian?...
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2004, 08:38:07 AM »
i remember the pledge!!! o my gosh this is great. yippi. hehehe. thats exciting

Offline ZeusBD

True Christian?...
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2004, 10:13:28 AM »
This is my first year doing it. I had nevre heard of it before and now I'm a director of the T&T program here. I am also the Vice-Commander over the AWANA program here at my church.

Offline Sammyk

True Christian?...
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2004, 08:58:23 AM »
its really fun