Author Topic: Do you believe...  (Read 64832 times)

Offline jesusfreak06

Do you believe...
« on: July 19, 2004, 11:02:28 PM »
Hey guys.  I would like to share w/ u the story about a friend who turned out to be more than a friend.  You see, b 4 this friend was in my life, i was a wreck.  My father had hung himself when I was in 4th grade and i loved to tell about how i would smoke and drink and steal (untill i got caught that is).  I though people would love me b/c i had gone through a hard time and dealt w/ it through hanging w/ the "bad" crowd.  I cared only about my self and my mother 2nd on my list of favorites.  I didn't dave a dad, so she was all i had besides my sis (18 now) and my bro (7 now).   In December 2002 I was introduced to a man named Christ and became a born again Christian in Feb 2003.  This was also around the time I actually cared about going out w/ Garrett (that's another story).  I hade made new church friends and i loved my new church.  Little did i know how much i would need my new found friend.  When I was in 6th grade my mom was diagnosed w/ breast cancer.  No big deal they said... as long as it didn't come back.  She was only 35 years old!  We were happy when we heard that she was in remission and would make a full recovery. The sad thing is is that the doctors said if she was diagnosed again, the reality was she wouldn't react to treatment and would die early.  In Feb. 2003 my mother of age 39 was rediagnosed w/ breast cancer.  I cried so much when i found this out.  I loved my mother.  She had been the first thing on my mind when i woke up in the morning and the last before i went to bed.   She wasn't responding to treatment and i spent my 15th b day shopping for gifts in wal-mart b/c she was too tired.  by now it spread to her brain and she was dying.  She hooked us up w/ a foster family (totally different religion than i which is an extreme stuggle every Sunday).  She passed away on Oct. 26 and buried on Oct. 29 (Garrett's 16 B-day).  You see, God was there for me every step of the way (garrett and my church also). Sooooooooooooooooooo, if you don't believe in Christ Jesus, my life is a living, breathing testimony to His existence.  Anyone one here lose a parent... any one lose both?  I could never have gone through my mother's death w/o Christ.  Does any one else have anything to say about Jesus... I'd love to hear your thoughts.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 11:03:59 PM by garrettsgirl »
I am a dork! but hey, i'm a Christian dork.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Do you believe...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 11:21:55 PM »
I know Jesus was a real person, there is historic proof to that.  However, I do not follow any theism, I find that there are too many corruptions within them and will remain closed minded when it comes to my system of beliefs (which has gotten several people pissed off at me in debates about religion (and I admit that I have gone over the line several times)).  I do realize the power in faith of a higher being, I have seen what it has done, but I also know that one doesn't have to have faith to make miraculous things happen (heck, I've done several things that people, including myself, thought were way beyound my abilities.  The only reason I was able to do it was because part of me knew I could.)

I can respect that you all really have deep faith in your religions, that's what you want in your life.  But when people, such as garrett the other night, try to change my way of thinking, I'm going to get mean about things.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Zircon

Do you believe...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 05:17:01 AM »
Sorry for your loss...

-----------------

Isn't it strange that people start believing in christ when someone dies or is dying, or when they are having troubled time. It's like some kind of parasitic disease on a mental level grabbing people when they are in their weakest.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 04:12:42 AM by Zircon »

Offline it2000us

Do you believe...
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 06:26:52 AM »
I dont know if this fits here, but when i went to get my drivers licence last saturday i swore to start believing in god if i passed the test. The next thing i know the instructor comes up to my car and tells me that i cant take the test because my car registration is out of date. Itsnt that efed up.

So there goes my belief in god....

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 07:54:31 AM »
It2000us, see now that's just sad. You asked for a driver's license in exchange for belief in God. That's probably why you failed it, because if you started due to that, it wouldn't be a true belief and it would definitely not be a true love. You have to accept christ into your heart because you want to be saved, not because you want life to be easier.

GarrettsGirl, I am truely sorry for your lose. I lost my grandmother to a brain tumor and I know how it feels to watch someone suffer. My Step-Mother recently had 3 different types of cancer, but recovered. I'm not saying that I know how you feel, because there's no way I could. I'm glad that you found Christ and have accepted him into your heart and I know that he is taking good care of your mother up in heaven. May God bless you.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline jesusfreak06

Do you believe...
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 11:45:58 PM »
B) No offense, but after IYC (n e one who went will agree w/ me on this one) i feel that God has blessed me and istead if seeing "God bless America" bumper stckers we should be seeing "America, Wake up and Bless God!"  I believe God has blessed all of us and we should be praying that he lives through us and that we may bless him.. Just a little thougt for you all.  

Offline plymoth45

Do you believe...
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 12:16:13 AM »
I'm Sorry for your loss Garrettsgirl.

------------------------------------------------

A little more then a year ago I was probably the most picked on person in school. Then I came to christ and started believing in him. The next thing I new I was getting along much better with people (also i think it is because they are getting sence knocked into them by age). I had prayed about it several times though. I also prayed to him to keep my parents together when they were fighting a lot and today they both still live together. The Truth is, God is the greatest thing that happened in mylife, as i'm sure it is in many other peoples.

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 07:37:03 AM »
My Father just got back from a mission trip down to Mexico and God watched them the whole time. They couldn't get across the border the first try and when they went back into the big city, the altenator blew up. If they would have gone across the border and then had it happened they would have been in deep crap.

Down there the Catholic Priests are preaching that American's are evil and that you'll go to Hell if you talk to us. I think that this is sad and I hope to be able to go next year with them to spread the word that American's aren't evil, God loves us all. I would encourage everyone to try and make a difference in someone's life. If you find the nerd of the school that always gets picked on and you befriend him, therefore building up his confidence and his soul, than you are showing God's love.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 07:37:32 AM by ZeusBD »
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Offline garrettsbro

Do you believe...
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 07:40:59 AM »
My parents probably wouldnt let me go on a missions trip ,but that would be cool. I think i'll just stay in the states and stw.

Offline jesusfreak06

Do you believe...
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 09:48:26 AM »
i think if ur parents went w/ u they'd let u.  lol :D.  I agree that God is the best thing that's ever happend to me.  I absolutely love telling everyone about Him, which is why i posted in the first place.  There are many types of priests that are leading people in the wrong direction.  For instance, in Spain people are taught that if they walk this special trail that's like 100,000 miles long, they'll only have to spend about have as long in Purgatory.  What kind crap is that?  Also in the US priests teach if people pray for u after u die u will make it into heaven... whatever!

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 10:37:52 AM »
Catholic Preists have basically made themselves God. The reason that they tell people in Spain and in Mexico what they do is so that people won't convert and then they'll lose power and money (I am married to a Hispanic woman who converted, so I know). It is no longer about God to them, it is about themselves.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 02:22:21 PM »
garrettsgirl: IYC? anything like CIY (if you ever heard of it) I have been to CIY before but never heard of IYC (possible misspelling?)

I have somewhat of a testimony to share as well.

I grew up in a christian home. I had an older brother who was 7 yrs older than me. he was born with Cerebral Palsy (its a disorder that affects the brains ability to coordinate movement of muscles.. this includes not only arms legs etc but also digestive muscles, vocal cords, etc so digestion is slow and theres very little bowel control, and speech is hard to understand. sometimes CP can also result in mental retardation... I dont think that was the case in my brother however.) he was NOT paralyzed or anything. Just couldn't control enough to be able to stand, etc.

He had to use a wheelchair to get anywhere because he wasnt able to stand on his feet without help. He had to have all these special devices like shower chair, etc and had to wear diapers. He needed to be lifted into and out of bed. He needed constant assistance from someone.

We (my family) was proud of him because he was able to go to normal regular ed school (he was originally in special ed but my mom was able to bail him out of that cuz he could do things, just didn't have the means to express them. (he couldn't write) We were thankful to God also, because he wasn't expected to live at birth (he was born with an infection, this caused the brain damage which caused CP.) However he came out alright.

On February 11th, 1995 my mom and dad went to get him out of bed. He wasn't breathing, he had no pulse. We called 911 and the ambulance came, etc but there was nothing they could do for him. He was pronounced dead that day.

The autopsy came back saying "Cause of death unknown."
We couldn't think of anything either, his health was perfect. His death was a fluke, more or less, without reason.

However we finally came to a conclusion. This conclusion was that God took him to Heaven to be with Him, to save him from the earth and his broken body.

The Bible tells us that Christians will be kept on earth until they have fulfilled God's purpose, and then they will die. (This reminds me of a man that was very active in my church. He was one of the greatest Christians that I knew and was never ashamed to talk about God. He died about 2 months ago in a freak motorcycle accident. He was only 37 (I think))

However, after my brothers death I sort of doubted God. I thought, "WHY did you have to let this happen?" I became less of a christian. I listened to satanic music, and would talk about drugs and sex with my friends all the time.

More recently however, I've realized a need for God and have begun to come back to Him (which has not been easy)

I'm very glad to be able to share my testimony.

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 03:15:43 PM »
That was a very touching and sad story Hacker. I'm very sorry that you had to go through that. You have to look at it as God saw his pain and brought him up so that he wouldn't have to suffer. I am really glad that your through your phase and that you've found God again.

Offline plymoth45

Do you believe...
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2004, 04:58:47 PM »
I really don't know what it is like to go through loosing a family member, as the only family member I have lost in my lifetime is my great grandmother, and I didn't know her well enough to really feel anything. Also, my mother has CP, she can't work her right side hardly at all, and has to wear a brace on her right leg so she can walk right.

Now, does everyone agree with John 3:16 and 17?

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Those 2 versus are perhaps my favorite verses.
Another one of my favorites is a verse somewhere in mathew that says
"Ask, and the door be open unto you"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 04:59:06 PM by plymoth45 »

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 11:20:23 AM »
John 3:16 is my favorite verse. It is basically the most important message in the Bible. Telling about God's love for us and it tells us to believe in Christ. The one verse right there kinda sums everything up.

Offline Sammyk

Do you believe...
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 04:02:42 PM »
Hey OP, no one ever said its easy and i will be praying for you. Congradulations!!

Offline Ben362

Do you believe...
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2004, 04:27:12 PM »
ahh yes John 3:16 "the Gospel in a nutshell"

Offline garrettsbro

Do you believe...
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2004, 01:34:52 PM »
My favorite verse is Romans 3:23 "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of god" Thats where you begin too realize that" Hey maybe I'm not perfect."

Offline jesusfreak06

Do you believe...
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2004, 09:13:20 AM »
OP, sry bout ur bro.  Losing a family member and keeping your faith is hard to balance.  I'll pray that u make a full recovery in your walk w/ God.  One of my favorite verses is 1 Corinthians 10:21 which says that u can't drink from God's cup and the cup of the devil too.  You have to chose to be all for God or none.  Also, Psalms 27 is my favorite psalm.   Short but sweet.  Read it and tell me ur input.

Offline jesusfreak06

Do you believe...
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2004, 09:14:53 AM »
oh yeah, OP, IYC is the international youth convention for the church of God.  What's CYI?

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

Do you believe...
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2004, 02:05:37 PM »

What can I say about Christ.

Well, Let me put it simple..

Religion + Me =  :yawn:

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2004, 07:07:39 PM »
ever seen the movie Dogma? well thats my take on relagion

I also agree with George Carlin
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline jesusfreak06

Do you believe...
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2004, 09:34:14 PM »
i no many people that think religion is :yawn: .  But what i'm talking about is a relationship.  What i have w/ Christ isn't about religion.  You can smoke and drink religiously can you not?  Well, i love my relationship w/ Christ and it has made me a better person and i'm willing to tell the whole world. :D  Many people preach about religion.  What i'm proposing is people chatting about their relationships w/ Christ.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 09:34:55 PM by garrettsgirl »

Offline plymoth45

Do you believe...
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2004, 10:01:46 PM »
:'( Our Pianist for our church passed away yesterday at 5 AM GMT -7.
Our service ran a little overtime because we had kind of a memorial service to her as part of the main service. She died physicaly of colon cancer, but just before she died, she came out of her coma, her eyes got really big, bigger then her husband had ever seen them get, then she stopped breathing. We think, and hope that what she saw when she opened her eyes was Jesus.

Just the thought of her being with the lord makes me happy, even though my church and I our morning over her physical death.

Offline jesusfreak06

Do you believe...
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2004, 10:38:34 PM »
WOW.  That's a touching story,  I really hope that it was Christ she saw.  Sry for your loss.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 10:39:22 PM by garrettsgirl »