Author Topic: Found my original Outpost2 CD and am trying to install it via porting kit on mac  (Read 501 times)

Offline CaptnNavarro

My mac is a 6-core intel i5 3GHz, intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 running Ventura 13.6.3

Ater doing the whole setup process (that doesn't take reaaaaaally long, but still) I get the autorun.exe with the option to install (not to play) and when I click it the game crashes. Tried with some 3 engines (newish, oldish and old) but to no avail. Can anyone help me here please?

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Drakmar/Xanactus on our Discord might know. Discord's a better place for getting fast answers to questions than these forums.

Don't install the game the "normal" way.
Use the OPU patch installer from here: https://www.outpost2.net/outpost2.html
You can point it at your OP2 CD, and it will handle the entire game install for you. Our installer does have some builtin handling for Wine installs, but not sure if that picks up Porting Kit too or not.

That said, very few people here have Macs. Last time we did test it a few years ago, which was right after MacOS dropped 32-bit userland support, OP2 was unplayably slow. Performance might be better now. We have even less of an idea how well ARM Macs work right now.