Author Topic: Outpost 2 Webhosting  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Spikerocks101

Outpost 2 Webhosting
« on: February 23, 2010, 07:44:30 AM »
Well, I was wondering if I could have web hosting...
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Outpost 2 Webhosting
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:22:49 AM »
You need to contact Galactic about that one :P
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Kayedon

Outpost 2 Webhosting
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 05:42:30 PM »
Please sign here, sign here, sign there, sign over there, sign up on that, and sign down here.

Now get in line. He'll be with you by 2020.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Outpost 2 Webhosting
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:53:03 AM »
A bunch of members had that. Although, I think it's gotten broken over time, and was possibly never fixed. I haven't checked my space in while, so I'm not too sure. I don't think it was really maintained all that well. Sort of a set it and forget it deal, and if something went wrong, nobody would notice or get around to fixing it very fast.

It would be cool to make better use of an option like that, but it'd probably have to be easy to maintain.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Outpost 2 Webhosting
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
There was a break in the Apache server thing (no idea what the hell it is, heh).

whereas my site used to be ck9.outpost2.net, it is now www.outpost2.net/~ck9  so, most sites *should* still work.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Outpost 2 Webhosting
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 01:58:04 AM »
Sounds more like a DNS issue than an Apache issue. By default, if enabled, Apache can host user content in a user's public_html folder (/home/username/public_html/), through the URL "/~username/". If you also setup DNS mappings, and probably add some extra Apache config, you can get the subdomain names too (username.outpost2.net). Of course, this means there is a Unix user account on that machine to host the files from.

I don't know about the DNS stuff, but maybe some of the Apache stuff could be done.