Author Topic: What Do You Think  (Read 2094 times)

Offline evecolonycamander

What Do You Think
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
Do you think that OP1 and OP2 are centered around the idealogy of judgement?
if not tell me what
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Sirbomber

What Do You Think
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:16:13 PM »
Ummm... What?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
What Do You Think
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »
spelling errors aside, not in a religious sense.

It focuses around the idea of human error in judgment.  In OP1, they tried to nuke Vulcan's Hammer (most scientists today will tell you that's a VERY bad idea).  In OP2, they tried to speed up the terraforming process without looking into the potential problems with their modifications, which goes against scientific common sense.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Kayedon

What Do You Think
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »
As I believe we discussed in another thread, people are stupid. Which pretty much sums up this topic in relation to CK's post.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline CK9

• Administrator
What Do You Think
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:20:35 PM »
yup, humanity is stupid by nature with a capacity to learn that the majority of the population ignores after a while.

Now, you could look at it as a religious judgment if the conestoga was destroyed while everyone was in stasis :P
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline BoNT

What Do You Think
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:18:29 AM »
As I believe we discussed in another thread, people are stupid. Which pretty much sums up this topic in relation to CK's post.
I think the moral of the story is desperation makes people do stupid things. Which is why Eden and Plymouth fought even when mankind had reached its lowest population in recorded history.

As for the decisions regarding the reckless terraforming, sometimes in a stressful environment (surviving in space generally is) most people just don't bother thinking about what they do about their problems. Kinda like a deranged person trying to kill a fly, but destroying everything in the room in the process because they didn't care anymore.

I've never played OPU 1 so yeah... not going to talk about the nuke.
Keep on keepin' on.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
What Do You Think
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »
it's the backstory before you actually get to play.  Vulcan's Hammer was coming, they pulled the same thing as in the movie Armagedon, but their projections were wrong and all the pieces it split into hit the earth.
CK9 in outpost