Author Topic: Hover Copter  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Combine Crusier

Hover Copter
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »
I have noticed that some people think that the game should have air units but other feel otherwise so as a comprimise I thought we could use a copter that hovers about 8 feet off the ground.

The copters rotor blade would be protected since it would be biult into the copter chassis itself in the middle section. Kind of like the reaper gunship from Emipre Earth. This would enable it to take multiple hits and still be able to fly while also being able to traverse lava flows and craters.

Stats: Hover Copter
HP: 850
Armor: Medium
FP: One Gun
SFP: Traverses lava and craters
Speed: Very Fast
Common Ore: 1250
Rare Ore: 420
3rd Ore: N/A

Hey it's both an air unit and not an air unit.... well it doesn't fly at 48 feet in the air to avoid ground fire.

Subject to change....... Like any of my posts never were!
Fire at will!

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Hover Copter
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »
We had almost same discussions and it was decided that no air, middle-air units are going to be included in op3.
My opinion: In real-life, helicopters and airplanes can only go over lava. (and crazy bkers that go over lava :P ) So, we don't need anything like it. Maybe if your performulate the copter, it just might work.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Hover Copter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:29:25 AM »
there has already been a thread about hover units.

Offline zanco

Hover Copter
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »
I was Hovering over this topic waiting for someone to remind us about it being discussed else where... okay, bad pun.

Thank for posting.
Keep it up Combine Cruiser.  :D  Do not Despair
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"