Author Topic: Warning  (Read 6901 times)

Offline TRIX Rabbit

• http://androidar.deviantart.com/
Warning
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 12:23:40 AM »
The nukes idea is the best thing going for us right now. unless the asteroid is similar to a clump of loose rubble, unlike a solid rock. if its just rubble, than the asteroid could absorb the nukes explosion and barely slow down.

Maybe we could place another large rock in the way of the asteroid, like a comet or the moon, or send a few guys in a space shuttle to blow the damned thing in half. Just hope it doesnt hit earth after it splits *crosses fingers*

I'm more commonly known as AndroidAR now:
My deviantArt

Offline zhukant

Warning
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 03:23:37 AM »

R: Da?
US: We have a nuclear facility on these coordinates. We will nuke you in 15 minutes.
R: Что? Петар! Дайте мне ключи, i'l скрыть эти подонки так плохо, что они забрать их частей тела в пространстве. NOW!
US: ? *what did he say*
R: Amerikansky, you will die *click*

R: What? Petar! Give me the keys, "i'l" obscure these f***ers so awful, that they to retreive their pieces of body in space. NOW!

I'm assuming you used a translator? That Russian is pretty messy and wrong…

The President: oh god, they are so stupid, and willing to help us. Now Bob, lauch the nukes.

Please be aware that there are Russian members of this forum as well. Though this may be humorous, it is still rather inconsiderate.

On a different note, I doubt that anything cataclysmic will be allowed to happen. Taking into account all the novel inventions and weaponry that the government secretises from the public until long after it is created, I'm sure that there is not much of a threat, especially with warning this far in advance.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:24:07 AM by zhukant »
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Warning
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 11:55:06 AM »
I'm assuming you used a translator? That Russian is pretty messy and wrong…

Yeah... But, i'l try to learn Russian. I'l think someday, Russian will come in handy.

Why does anyone on this World make a very smart translator, when you write "Ich haße coffe" that it actually translates "I hate coffe" , not some idiotic thing like "Hate coffe I"

Probably even Martians have invented a fully functional translator to understand us.... :heh:  
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Warning
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »
Uhhh right any way.

With the non solid asteroids they would most likely fall a part and shower the earth like a shot gun to a water melon.

People always assume splitting a asteroid is going to happen.  It wont that is sci fi.
The only thing a nuke will do is divert it or slow it down.  The are many other options which will work that we can do right now that do not involve sending people in the space shuttle.  Using the space shuttle is really out of the question as its not made for that kind of travel.  You would be better off using a moon land from the apallo mission with some thing "extra" on board.  Be it a solar sail or some kinetic device the moves the asteroid off couse.