Author Topic: Outpost Radio  (Read 3412 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Outpost Radio
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:11:28 AM »
This is a list of the segments Id like to include in the show. Anyone is welcome to do a segment and you can do as many as you like. To apply to cover a segment, just reply to this thread with your request. You can also contribute your own segment and make suggestions. Put in your music requests here!

Interview with Stormy or TH300 on Genesis and their ideas for OP3

Interview with Mez on topic locking and his thoughts on the forum

Interview with Hacker on his projects

A "State of OPU" interview from one of the admins like Hacker or Levi

Interview with Garrett on TFC and his thoughts on OP3

Levi's thoughts on community expansion

Interview with Galactic on recent and future server changes

General and International Gaming news covering new and upcoming games as well as tournaments, LAN Parties and events

MMO News covering recent events in MMORPG's like E.V.E. and World of Warcraft

Tech News on computers/electronics. Subjects like Vista, Quad Core systems, networking and wireless, video/GFX products, etc.

OPU Community Discussion. Id like to see two dedicated people do a regular segment in which they discuss popular forum topics and IRC stuff together, even some light debate

A regular segment on multiplayer game strategies (OP2 and other games)

New user shoutouts/introductions and interviews

Id like to get some comedy segments too! Anything goofy, funny or strange you guys can come up with. Even your own mini radio shows, comedy skits and prank phone calls! Id like to see something like "MC Thor - Eden Girls Party Harder". Also something for the beginning of the show that has general community discussion about things that have happened, what people have said, rumors, some general banter, etc. which may take the place of my OPU Community Discussion segment idea.

I also welcome the community to come up with "transitions" or mini (5-15 second) commercials to play periodically between songs and show segments. They can be anything you like as long as they are short and refer to OPU or the radio show and arent boring! Make something fun, cool or funny and send it to me!

The show will be broken up by music at the beginning, middle and end. If a segment runs long some music will come on to break things up and keep the show from getting tedious. Music may play ever couple of segments depending upon their length and community feedback. I may also make one of the three main music breaks (the beginning, middle or end) an extended music segment where I play requests.

I also have a theme for the show of being a general gaming community show but with a dedication and focus on OPU. If and when OPU grows into a larger site encompassing new games, it would be wise to include information other than just what out little portion is doing and doing the show like this may help our growth along. Take that into mind when making contributions, suggestions or show ideas; it doesnt have to be just about OPU - it can be about anything gaming or tech related.

Remember that Outpost Radio will not be "live" it will be a podcast that is accessed via RSS feed and may be downloaded to your computer, MP3 device or even streamed to your favorite media player. I also hear that services like satellite radio allow you to search for and stream RSS-fed podcasts. To listen to the newest episode, simply subscribe to the Outpost Radio RSS feed using your favorite RSS aggregator or browser. Past episodes should show up in a play list depending on the application youre using. You can also browse directly to the latest episode by pasting the RSS url into your browser.

Please make your suggestions!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:51:16 AM by dm-horus »

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Outpost Radio
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 01:14:18 PM »
A fast review of OPU related projects maybe? to keep everyone in touch with latest news and projects.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Chandler

Outpost Radio
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 09:10:24 PM »
OPU Speed Reviewing segment? :D:D:D

Novella readings - with cool voices of course. :D
Maybe start having ladder games - and announce the current ladder in the show somewhere.
Google updates - what are those wacky software engineers up to? :P
Chandler

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Outpost Radio
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 06:29:18 AM »
Those sound great. If youre interested in doing any of those, let me know.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Outpost Radio
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »
Segment Suggestions

Gaming News
  • C&C 3 Demo Review
  • Supreme Commander Review
  • Unreal Tournament 3 Preview
  • Upcoming titles and rumors
  • New video hardware lineup
  • Console news
  • Tournament/Ladder updates

Tech News
  • Vista Reviews
  • Vista Alternatives
  • Linux Gaming options
  • Dual & Quad Core reviews
  • Anything else you hardware gurus can think of

New User Interviews
  • What is your nick?
  • Are you or do you intend to be active on the forums or IRC?
  • How did you find OPU?
  • Have you been playing the Outpost games long?
  • Which Outpost game do you play? Which do you like best?
  • Did you play on WON?
  • What do you think of OPU?
  • What other games are you into?

I think this is a good starting point for the segment ideas that arent interviews. If youre a new user and would like an interview in the show, the above questions are the ones that would apply to you. You can record an interview in response to the above questions or if you have Skype, conduct a live interview with me or another contributor.

Offline gamerscd0

Outpost Radio
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 03:02:07 PM »
WOW i like this idea OO
                             ''''''''

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Outpost Radio
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 03:37:26 PM »
We need contributors! I dont want the show to be me talking for two hours - even I cant stand my own voice! I want this made by and meant for the community! Again I stress that if youre at all interested in being on the show, just let me know what youd like to do. Let me know if youre interested here!

Offline gamerscd0

Outpost Radio
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »
Ill help ya if i can :PPP

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Outpost Radio
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 05:10:05 PM »
I like the idea too. It sounds cool. But it also sounds like a lot of work. How much time do you think it will take to create one show? Sorry if I sound a bit pessimistic, but it seems like it's either going to take a large amount of time and effort to produce one show, or it's going to end up sounding kind of crappy. Granted, if you're throwing in a lot of music filler, that should cut down the work load dramatically. Well, best of luck.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Outpost Radio
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 11:30:06 PM »
the late show with your host Freeza.  MUWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I WILL DESTROY YOU.

Any way I Think youll mostly be playing music There isnt much to talk about unless your going to bring up ideas from the genesis threads.  why would you talk about things like EVE and WOW.  

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Outpost Radio
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 04:34:34 AM »
Outpost-Humor time maybe?
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
That would be funny.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Outpost Radio
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 07:56:56 AM »
the late show with your host Freeza.  MUWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I WILL DESTROY YOU.

Any way I Think youll mostly be playing music There isnt much to talk about unless your going to bring up ideas from the genesis threads.  why would you talk about things like EVE and WOW.
Like I said, I dont want the podcast to be just about OPU. I want it to be about gaming and tech in general. People in our community do those things so I think it deserves attention.

OH and the Freeza show would be cool! You could rant on about polar bears or something... lol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 09:14:40 AM by dm-horus »

Offline Leviathan

Outpost Radio
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 11:13:31 AM »
Great idea and as always thanks for your hard work :D

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Outpost Radio
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 01:11:41 PM »
OH and the Freeza show would be cool! You could rant on about polar bears or something... lol

Yes because there are alot of polar bears in north dakota

Offline Leviathan

Outpost Radio
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 04:57:43 AM »
It would be nice to get some new users interviews or just them talking a little about comeing to opu.

I hope I can get some time soon to help you out with my parts.