Author Topic: Idea  (Read 2723 times)

Offline plymoth45

Idea
« on: January 26, 2006, 11:27:13 PM »
Ok, well i've put some custom music on the main game shell for myself, and I was wondering if it was possible to make the game so the music plays while in say multiplayer staging. Its kinda quiet sitting in staging and in other games there is music in  game staging.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 01:14:55 PM »
the point of staging is to get everyone into the game asasp, not enjoy the lovely music - no offense. part of the draw of op2 is how engaging the GAME is, not the main ui. anyone can play their own music at any time they choose, so i think this would ultimately be pointless. nice work though, keep it up. these ideas are handy for some other projects going on. talk to stormy and see if your idea could get worked into genesis.

Offline plymoth45

Idea
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »
Yes, but sometimes people have to sit in game staging for a bloody hour waiting for someone to join (Them being slow, etc.), so you never know. I"ll keep brainstorming on other things anyway lol

Offline Leviathan

Idea
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 01:35:01 PM »
im not sure what u mean plym..?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Idea
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »
use winamp :P

Offline thablkpanda

Idea
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 02:16:17 PM »
I concur with Freeza.. I mean If you want to bounce to some music- fine then.

When I'm waiting for an unusually slow friend ingame- I just read OP2 Novellas, and turn on Winamp or my iPod.

Besides, I don't want to be forced to listen to the game maker's choice of 'good music' myself, and people like me, are in the minority as far as music goes, so when someone else starts bumping their rock music, and heavy metal or their new Britney Spears track- I don't want to hear it. And there're plenty of you that truly don't want to listen to Chamillionaire, Eminem, Ja Rule, or Jay-Z. So we all have our likes and dislikes, so most of the time that feature would be unused or just frowned down upon when I have to turn off my speakers just because- for example- Freeza got the new Christina Aguleria CD, and wants to hear her 'sing'. We'd have to edit the UI to make an off button, and for people like me, probably a 'off as default' setting too.

Just too much useless implementation when I can bounce to Eminem, whilist someone else hears their other crap, or whatever.

Just playin about ya' Freeza- then again, you 'might' be a Christina fan. Then again.. probably not. I don't think she _has_ any fans...

You know whom.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Idea
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 06:08:44 PM »
Ok, well i've put some custom music on the main game shell for myself, and I was wondering if it was possible to make the game so the music plays while in say multiplayer staging. Its kinda quiet sitting in staging and in other games there is music in  game staging.
yes
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Punboy

Idea
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »
Eh. I think some waiting room music would be great. Do it.
Help control the human population. Have your spouse spayed or neutered.

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Idea
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 03:04:30 PM »
I have tons of elivator music!!! I bet that would make you want to join quicker

Offline plymoth45

Idea
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 09:08:21 AM »
rotfl, elevator music. gotta love that stuff. Panda I think you kinda missed the aim of what I was thinking there. There doesn't have to be a standard of music, you just simply replace or delete the music1 file in the OP2 directory. I use winamp, but I turn it off for in-game as to keep my pute from lagging.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Idea
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 10:22:11 AM »
I have tons of elivator music!!! I bet that would make you want to join quicker
errr... i knew you were kinda sick, moogle - but ELEVATOR music ?
what you need that for ???
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz