Author Topic: MB activity...  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Nomi Sunrider

• http://www.angelfire.com/on/mystica
MB activity...
« on: December 05, 2004, 03:22:34 AM »
I was just wondering approximately how many active posters there are at these message boards?  I'm still trying to adjust to yet another message board layout and still haven't quite figured out the level of poster activity yet.  It doesn't have to be a sure number; an estimate will do fine.  Thanks!
There are other forces at work in this world... besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought. ~Gandalf

Get FireFox!  Rediscover the Web!

Offline Jgamer

MB activity...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 03:57:20 AM »
There are roughly a group of 7 that has about half of the forum posts, but that's due to being the oldest ones. Everyday, at the course of the day, there are at last 4 or 5 new messanges.

xfir

MB activity...
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 04:55:32 PM »
It varies a lot by month. During the school months, posts tend to drop.. Summer is random.. sometimes its busy, other times it is dead.

Offline Leviathan

MB activity...
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 04:54:12 AM »
Somedays i can be botherd 2 post and others not
Sometimes i wont view the forums for a week or 2.

The activity all happends on irc and that is where you want to be when you are online. All the active members will be there. By evening irc usealy has a few people on it. You cant realy judge how active the comunity is by the forums, u need to be on irc.

Download NNScript from here www.outpostuniverse.net/irc.htm  

Offline Mez

MB activity...
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 03:19:24 PM »
ye. tis like me sumtime i view the forum one a day and it is dead. Other times 9like now) i viewed last week and it has been so busy its taking me over an hour to read it all and catch up on the news .. like the fact php is back shocked me. only to find its been up for a week!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
MB activity...
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 05:01:39 AM »
Sneaking in a small comment here aswell...

Reading/Posting depends on the interest of the members aswell.
Hooman, Hacker and Lev will chew through it all, and are quite likely to respond to any sort of post.

While, for myself, I have no knowledge about programming or making of new games, so I hardly bother to read and never post in forums/threads concerning these matters.

I'm mostly active in Multiplayer and Outpost 2 strategy sections, replying mostly to strategic queries :P
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Mez

MB activity...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 10:42:21 AM »
ill chew through most of it unless it goes into sum complex programming which is a page long.  if its programming and its long, is not gonna contain any offensive stuff, just a couple of people who could write scientific papers on op2 and how it works inside out, if they got the chance to i.e. if they got paid.

Offline Leviathan

MB activity...
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 12:11:30 PM »
Hooman, Hacker and Lev will chew through it all, and are quite likely to respond to any sort of post.
Yes us admins, including xfir are here 2 make the experience of all members more enjoyable, and of chorse help u out!

Some days I wont post or look at forums but ill allways be on our  chat room chating away, you should to!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 12:13:56 PM by Leviathan »

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
MB activity...
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 01:31:31 PM »
.. and you've got 1 extra member posting some almost every day :D
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
MB activity...
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 02:51:27 PM »
Like Lev said, you can't gauge the community activity level by the forums. Since we're not a big community, posting tends to be sporadic.

IRC is where bigger things happen, like reunions, and any breaking news that comes in happens in IRC first.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
MB activity...
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 04:29:16 PM »
Yes, definately some cool stuff happening on IRC. And posting can be kinda sporadic. Especially in the programming forum where I probably spend most of my time. It seems to alternate between posting and figuring stuff out. So there is always activity, but not always posting activity. Plus, one post can often trigger many others. Heh, think how big this thread is getting.

And yeah, you'll notice certain members tend to post mostly in certain forums. I usually chew through anything new but if it's really busy I mostly stick to stuff related to programming. (For replying anyways. I often don't have much to add to other topics  :( )