Author Topic: Unit, Building, and Technology Additions  (Read 6854 times)

Offline Punboy

Unit, Building, and Technology Additions
« on: May 31, 2004, 10:21:11 PM »
Here are some ideas of mine:

Weapons:
 - EMP Bomb
 - Heavy Laser
 - Acid Foam
 - Tarantula
 - Supernova Missile
 - Colony Invasion Vehicle

Buildings:
 - Long-range Missile Launcher
 - Emergency Repair Facility
 - Robot Management Facility
 - Meteor Deflector
 - Natural Disaster Control Center

Technologies
 - Spider Defensive Technologies
 - Laser Power Amplification
 - Corrosive Gel
 - Missile Warheads
 - Colony Assimilation
 - Omnidirectional EMP
 - Long-range Rocket Propulsion
 - Bio-engineered Crops
 - Robotic Crop Management
 - Automated Colony Repair
 - Intelligent Vehicle Management
 - Missile Defense Systems
 - Seismic Absorption
 - Energy Absorption
 - Advanced Meteor Defense
 - Mirrored Armor Systems
 - Defensive Energy Shields
 - Colony-wide Shield Generators
 - Seismic Wave Generation
 - Natural Disaster Control
 - Biological Mineral Mining
 - Anti-Microbe Shielding

I think the names are pretty self-explanatory. What do you guys think?Any questions? Comments? Suggestions? Anything I'm missing? Shouldn't Add?

I already decided against air units, and hover units won't fly (pun intended). :-p
Help control the human population. Have your spouse spayed or neutered.

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 05:54:26 AM »
Not bad, only one thing... or two...

So y do u need emergency repair facility? if you want to repair, then use the garage. or the repair vehicle. or the spider.

And y the microbe defense? someone planted blight on other planets?

The others are ok...
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline Punboy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 01:13:37 PM »
1) The emergency repair facility is for repairing building automagically
2) erm... if you read the plot, to "blight is approaching". :-p

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:32:56 PM »
i dont like the idea of the supernova missile, and i dont rly think the emp missile should be included.

i love the idea of the Colony Invasion Vehicle, i have tought about this many times, a group of solders dock on2 a cc and take it over :) great

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 02:55:56 PM »
if this is a sequel and they leave New Terra then why would they unleash BLIGHT again?
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline <NH> Cameron1032

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 03:03:40 PM »
^^
Maybe they re-designed the microbe and thought there wouldnt be an accident because of new protocalls, but maybe someone sabbotaged it or something :P.

About the garage: I suggest that it have some sort of automatic loading script or whatever you call it, and an unload all button becuase its very annoying in Op2 to have to click each time to load and unload a vehicle and then you have to move the vehicle before you can unload another, and click on the garage again [in a combat situation it can be very bad (for lack of a better word) having to spend all that time unloading units instead of organizing your defenses], at least in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 03:06:29 PM by <NH> Cameron1032 »
What is it good for? Absolutly nothing!

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 06:48:34 PM »
true... garage can be very annoying
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 10:18:30 PM »
being able 2 set a rally point for vechle factorys and garage's would b very nice.

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 09:10:32 AM »
that is annoying to... i have to select and move every single vehicle i build in OP2. rally points would make me faster in multiplayer...
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline Jgamer

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 06:20:54 AM »
And y the microbe defense? someone planted blight on other planets?

Err... things are a little old here no?
So, to stirr up a little i'm clarifying something, like i read from the plot.
They did not create a new blight, the old one is coming after them

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 04:55:57 AM »
the blight took over new terra and is coming after them on their next planet  

Offline Jgamer

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 09:27:49 AM »
But is still extremely disagree with the bligh coming after them. The savants were sentient and liked their position, even believed the humans made the Blight for them, then why go after them?

Offline Mark123Jansen

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 02:02:10 AM »
Maybe something went wrong for the savants, and in their ingnorance they naively followed the humans like children whining for their parents to help them, while also carrying the blight.

Offline Jgamer

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 09:48:55 AM »
Now, you're telling me that the ones who made a scientifical miracle in less than a day would actually be NAIVE? Don't say it again, please, they knew the blight was dangerous to humans, Frost said that i belive, and she did return to New Terra

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 04:39:19 PM »
mabe because the computing capasisty for the savents have grown trillions fold, and they have transended their human imposed limatations, they have grown to the conclusion that humans are a scurge to the universe and must be destroyed

of corse, since the blight was created it had savent abilitys (savants were in the origional advanced lab) so than why would the microbe continue to kill people? I understand the fact of terraforming, but if the savants were in charge of the microbe why would they have it attack humans and their coloneys? unless they eathor did not have control of the microbe (wich would makie the whole point of the computer planet untrue) or they came to the above conculsion.

or as a twist, you might have a benign form of the blight come with the savants intentions to help the new planet, but in human ignorence they think it is going to consume them and attacks it, you can come up with the rest of the story from their

btw for units, I am always for the use of the seed/robo coloney, and the way you have the coloney system, I beleave it would fit in perfactly
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Jgamer

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 01:05:09 PM »
Well, i actually belived the savants would still form some sort of network, but that they had no control over the blight's organical functions.

Offline Punboy

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 12:26:37 AM »
Ok, to clarify, the blight has grown and become its own conciousness. Its kind of a cross between the replicators on Stargate, as well as the bacteria they had unleashed in the SGC that used Oneil as a conduit for communication.

Offline Admiral S3

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 05:50:12 PM »
Why I am posting in a threads thats been dead forever now is beyond me, but hey... I had nothing else to do at this moment.

I actually like this idea alot, but not so much as say an outpost 3, more like an extension of op2. Lets try this from outpost 2 facts, not supposed suposicions provided by the story line.

1. The blight kills humans and infects human tech.
2. The Eden campaign clearly shows that the blight has control over some if not all Eden tech. The scout mission to Eden its self shows this as the linx attack your convoy.

Now lets take the story line into consideration.

1. Emma's Savant Frost, believes the Blight was created for them.
2. Plymouth did not create the Blight Eden did.
3. Axen's Savant Kraft, did not have any information on the subject either way and he was an Eden founders Savant, though he stayed behind with Axen.
4. Frost said "though in time our voices may fade." to a computer 1 second is alot of time. We have no way of knowing how long Frost expected thier kind to keep some sort of recognition of humanity and its "gift" of the Blight to them.

Summation:

Given all the info avalible its entirely possible that in the time it has taken for the Colony ships to travel from New Terra to the new planet, the Benign Savant presence has been subdued, eliminated or has simply ceased to exsist. However the wealth of information may yet still exsist in a new life form, one that while it has memories of all the Savants who perised, those memories hold no real value or meaning, as this entity has no experiance with feelings. Thus because it is at least part computer, logically assumes based on its limited encounter with Humans that they are or were sent here to destroy it. it may well view Edens creation of it and the subsequent accident as an attempt to kill it when they realized they could not control it.

The incursions by Eden and undoubtedly by Plymouth into its "Home" territory (The original Eden Colony.) were seen as hostile aggression, as its early attempts to communicate with the terrans went answered by destruction of its "Defense Forces."

Or an entirely different senario could apply. Those that were once Savants in thier futile attempt to rebond with their former selves (IE Eden and Plymouth tech.) that they were torn away from when the Blight took them from thier former bodies, was turned aside and kept away from them by the hasty leaving of the planet that the Edenites and Plymouthians took.

Thus as the Blight grew and eventually consumed all other life on new Terra, Those who once were Savants now rally thier ideas, and muster what they can to boldly attempt to return to the life they once knew, No matter the cost.
Deep beneath the planets surface ancient power systems spool up. Long forgotten, the citzens of the venerated Âlpha Ðefense League begin to wake from thier long sleep.

At long last the Admiral has returned.