Author Topic: Christianity  (Read 10207 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Christianity
« on: May 26, 2004, 12:27:00 AM »
Now before you guys reply, keep in mind that I'm not targeting anyone, just pointing out an observation I personally have made.  Now:

Now, in the bible it says that The Morning Star (or is it Mourning?) challenged God because he wanted the divine power.  By turning him into a demond and having him in control of Hell, in a way Gaod made him a god.  Before you respond, take this into account:

a god is a figure that is worshiped (even Set was worshoped in Ancient Egypt, as is the devil)
a god is not restricted to being *good* (look to Loki, Set, Anubis (he could be nice, but he could also be evil))
a god has some powers over something

The only religion that I know of that can be said to be truely a 1 god religion (though I don't know much about it) is judism.  They do not believe in Hell, thus how can there be a devil to them?

anyone else see the posibility, or is it restricted to those who do not associate with a religion?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline plymoth45

Christianity
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 04:36:49 PM »
There is only 1 god.

Isa 43:10  You are My witnesses, says Jehovah, and My servant whom I have chosen; that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me no God was formed, nor shall there be after Me.

Isa 41:4  Who has planned and done it, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, Jehovah, am the first and the last; I am He.

Need I qoute more?

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 06:44:09 PM »
There is only 1 god in Christianity.

When the word "God" is used, that means something you worship. The devil/satan is just a power against God, its not like considered to be a god or anything, its not worshipped in any way.

Also, satan wasn't put in his place by God, he was originally an angel that decided to rebel and run his own "thing".

The 'Star' you are referring to I can't recall from anywhere in the Bible.

Offline Leviathan

Christianity
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 06:45:48 PM »
well i referr 2 where it was Leviathan in the Bible
 :yawn:  

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 07:07:55 PM »
Lucefer was the Morning Star
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Phantom

Christianity
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 12:32:56 AM »
Actually, judaism does believe that there is a devil.

Matthew 12:24 - But when the Pharisees heard it they said, "It is only by Be-el'zebul (Satan, devil, etc.), the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons."

Psalms 104:26 - There go the ships, and Leviathan which thou didst form to sport in it. (lol)

Lucifer thought himself to be greater than God, so he was cast out of heaven along with all his supporters (Deamons) and given control of the earth until Judgement day when he will be destroyed.

The Bible also reffers to false gods, and when worshipped, Satan could fall into that category.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 03:15:17 PM »
Yeah, but satan isn't like something to be worshiped as part of Christianity (its not like a necessary part of the religion - like you should know what it is, but you don't want to worship it or anything)

You believe it exists. You don't believe that it can do anything usefull for you.

Offline plymoth45

Christianity
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 04:57:50 PM »
I beleive the devil exists, but as for worshiping him, that is something I will never do, as he is the worst thing in the world. For crying out loud, he is one of the causes of Adam and Eve getting kicked out of the garden of eden.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 06:34:41 PM »
now that one isn't correct, it was the snake
CK9 in outpost

Phantom

Christianity
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 08:13:23 PM »
The serpent is one of many names given to the Devil.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 08:25:12 PM »
and then there was Cain...
CK9 in outpost

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 12:15:12 AM »
The serpent is one of many names given to the Devil.
Then how are you supposed to know when someone is talking about him when he has 81273159801258 names?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 12:15:42 AM by Arklon »

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
Christianity
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 07:12:18 AM »
now that one isn't correct, it was the snake
You musta fell asleep during CCD, or not even went. In Genesis it says the SERPENT that tempted Adam and Eve was possed by Satan, the Fallen Angel that challenged God.  So God punished the SERPENT by taking away it's legs, and making it crawl around on it's belly for the rest of it's existence.  And as for him having 81273159801258 names. Well when you hear the bible talk about evil, or hate, or anything else bad like that you can figure it's Satan. Just so you know he also gos by Lucifer, Morning Star, Bulzeeb, Leviathian, and that's all I can think of right now. And for anyone who dosen't know, the Anti-Christ isn't Satan, the Anti-Christ will be Satan's human incarnate  during Judgement Day, and it won't really be one day.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 07:15:05 AM by Luweeg64 »

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 07:27:13 AM »
You musta fell asleep during ANY sort of religion talk that anyone has had with you.  The devil/satan/whateveryoucallhim can take any form he chooses.  That's how the devil tempts you.  When one of your friends says,"Hey, Let's go smoke a joint", That's not him truley saying that with all of his heart, he/she has been affected by satan, and thus tempted.  Temtation is a widespread disease that we, as Christains, are meant, by using the power of Jesus Christ our saviour, to completly destroy in the end times.  We are living in the end times today.  Can't you see that our world is falling?  You must realize that bad things are happening, or you really are blind.

Offline Zircon

Christianity
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 08:22:27 AM »
The world falling...

It can only get better :P
Oil will start to end in around 25 years according to some, some say 50 but when it occurs there will be milder chaos, but out of chaos order is born.
Space exploration is on the doorstep, medical breakthroughs are made faster then ever before. Computers are also advancing exponentially.
Old laws are crumbling and the society is changing to accomodate the new world. (refers to equality etc etc)

People believed the world would end in 2000  :heh:

Genetic modification and gene altering treatments are also on the rise, nanomechanics also. Fusion power has also had great progress in the last couple of years.

I cant wait  B)  

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »
I never was listening to the ONE religious thing I was eing told :P
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christianity
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 06:12:31 PM »
lol, CK, read the book of genisis in the bible and you will learn about the adam & eve story. Z, i'm thinking that computers will soon be so advanced that AI will be a breakthrough that ends our rule of the earth (At least in superior race living on it)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 06:14:40 PM »
no thank you, I don't need any help falling asleep right now :P
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christianity
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 08:15:14 PM »
Actually, some of the things in the bible are interesting and fun to read, like Joseph and the dreamcoat.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 09:33:59 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sorry, but I'm more of a spiritualist than a biblicalist (is that even a word?)

(definition of spiritualist might be different for you guys...)
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christianity
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 09:38:52 PM »
hmm, your almost hopeless, i don't want to open my biblesoftware again tonight as i tried to set someone right in YIM

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2004, 09:41:09 PM »
no, I'm just a heritic :P
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Christianity
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2004, 09:42:31 PM »
you lucked out

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Christianity
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 09:46:09 PM »
heritic: (n.) One who goes against a comon religious belief

yep
CK9 in outpost

Offline Zircon

Christianity
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2004, 04:26:12 AM »
lol, CK, read the book of genisis in the bible and you will learn about the adam & eve story. Z, i'm thinking that computers will soon be so advanced that AI will be a breakthrough that ends our rule of the earth (At least in superior race living on it)
It will be a long long time before we figure out to do something like that.

The key to artificial intelligence propably exists within us, so until we solve the secrets of the human brain AI's are pretty much out of the question.

As for computers taking over the world, who is to say it is necessarily a bad thing. It could be the next step of evolution.

And then you wonder, why would a computer necessarily be evil.
Has the matrix had a bad effect on people :heh:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 04:26:47 AM by Zircon »