Author Topic: Hi, I'm new.(graphics?)  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Kramy

Hi, I'm new.(graphics?)
« on: April 15, 2004, 10:34:50 PM »
Hi, every couple months I drift back to this site to check on the status of Outpost3. It never seems to change.

Anyway, a long time ago I offered to help program OP3 in MMF. I got a "no thanks", so instead I went and did other things. Now though I feel like having a challenge.

I've since moved on from MMF to Jamagic, which is closer to C++, although quite a bit slower, and quite a bit easier. I believe it would be possible to create an RTS like OP2 for a 1ghz+ computer in Jamagic.

Since Jamagic uses a scripting language(like C++) making huge pathfinding maps, building connection maps, etc. would be really easy. Someone made a pathfind object aswell, so it shouldn't be too hard implementing those things. The only problem I forsee is particles. Jamagic is REALLY slow for particles, so those would have to be scrapped.

Anyway, I hope to give it a shot. I don't want to get hopes up, but I have to ask. Does anyone have some OP2 resources, like graphics or tiles? I can't try anything without those, or I'll never know if my engine runs at a reasonable speed.

Otherwise I'll probably just drift into the shadows again, and go somewhere else and make something else.
-Kramy

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
Hi, I'm new.(graphics?)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 07:00:29 AM »
I don't have any graphics, but it2000us should, he's really good with photoshop, and he made the title bar for the Red Alert skin.