Author Topic: Your dream unit/structure  (Read 5898 times)

Offline Jgamer

Your dream unit/structure
« on: March 22, 2004, 06:40:29 AM »
I was just thinking, everyone has (at least onece) tought of an special vehicle he wold like to have just to pulverize hes foes, well, what would that be?
Mine wolde be an structure, the orbital cannon.
It would make an shot of about 10x the thor's hammer attack but disable all non-survival buildings of the colony for some time to use teir power

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 07:10:28 AM »
I'd have to say a vec that has 3 option's of power to shoot at. You can set the power for it to shoot at, the higher the power, the longer it takes to charge up. It would still shoot lightning like the thor, but it would also draw out energy from the structure that would disable it for a second or two.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 08:03:47 AM »
the one ive come up with was achelly a unit that transformes into a structure, it would be called the robo coloney, and when it is in structure form it would be called the seed coloney

it is basicly a single vec that can start a whole new coloney by it self

the vec would have heavy armor, 3000 hp move medium speed, and would be equiped to a small weppon, simmiler to a scorpion wepon, although it would only fire in self defence.  It would cost 5000 common and 2000 rare mettals to build. it would be capible of survying ore beacons

when you want it to go, you load it up with 10 colonists at the cc, they would then be put in stasis and would not die unless the unit itself is destroyed.

the unit would have tanks of mettals 2000 common and 500 rare which it would use to slowly repair itself if it was damaged, those mettals would not be accessible to the rest of the coloney

it could be transformed into a building at any place that you could normally build a 2 tile building, when it transformes it grows to 5000 hp and its functions start.

it would have a small agradome that would produce 10 units of food, a power plant that would produce 20 units of power, it would have a nersery that would allow half the births of a normal nersery, it would have a med center able to hold 15 people, a univeristy that would be able to train workers at 75% of the normal univeristy and is able to train 2 scientists at a time, it would also have a small factory that is able to produce a cc, a structure fact, a convec, an earthworker, and a very small combat unit that I would describe later. When the building becomes disabled, all the systems would shut down including the defence weppon, the only system that would remain on would be the self repair, and it would continue to mine and smelt, but it would be reduced to a rate of 50 common and 5 rare a time mark.

It would also have a mine and smelter, for maximum effect if is desired to place it on a mining becon, but it can also be deployed away from the beacons, if it is away from a beacon, it would produce 150 common and 50 rare every time mark, if it is deployed onto a beacon it would produce its normal yield every time mark, and the other mettal would be produced as though it was not on a beacon

while it is a building mode it would have 5000 common storage and 2000 rare storage, it would use these mettals to repair itself those mettals would be accessible to the rest of the coloney

The commands for the robo coloney would be the same as the robo miner, except that it can build anywhere, and it can survey mining becons.  For the seed coloney however, it would have 4 building controls, they would be, retract (see below), build (it would take you to the build window) train (allows you to train up to 2 scientists) and idle (when it is idle, all systems shut down, including the self repair system, and the mining/smelting system shuts down completly as well as it emptys all tanks of mettals).  On the screen it would have the status of food and power being produced, and when it is happoning, building a unit or structure (it can only build one at a time) and/or training a scientist (it can do both at the same time, if it is, it shows 2 progress bars one above the other)

the units it would produce would be very small, insted of being wheeld or tracted or legged, they would roll themselves with a uni wheel, they would have 50 hp with no armor, would be fast, and would cost 50 common mettals a piece, they would be equipted with a weppon simmiler to the scorpions, the robo coleony would be able to produce 10 at a time for a cost of 500 common, and they can be built quickly, the seed coloney would be the only place you could build this unit, the seed coloney would still be equited with the small defensive weppon

the seed coloney would be able to transform back to the robo coleoney (by pressing the retract button), when it does all of its production facilitys stop, it looses 2000 hp (if it is under 2000 hp, transformation would not be possible), if there is no active cc the colonists come back to the seed coloney, if there is one, it would be empty of people and would have to dock at the cc to receave them, its mettals are pumpd to other storage facilitys untill the vecs tanks can hold it, if there is an excess, the mettal is lost.

the vec would look similer to a eden robo miner, except that the frount would be wheeled and equiped with a survayors probe, the main body would be round and would have tracks on both sides, in the center there would be a protruding tower with the top being semi-sphereical, the frount half of that sphere would be green from the agradome.

when it transformes into a building, the tower becomes taller and the base widens, on the right side a power dish would be made, and the frount would open into a loading dock.

I beleave that is about as in deph as I can think right now, if you have any questions or ideas about this, please let me know (all this info was made by me being bord one day, although I still think it would be really cool if you could make it)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 12:42:27 PM by Betaray »
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline zeritou

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 09:16:14 AM »
i want a structure, that has say....   6 bays to keep in conformity with the game
and i want this stucture to upgrade one point of a vech, either armor, speed, hp, menuverabilty, payload, weapon dmage, weapon reload speed or something else i cant think of at the moment, it would cost and increasing amount of mettals to get each level one higher
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 12:34:21 PM »
well, when an upgrade is reshurced, all the units are upgraded at the same time, I dont see why you just couldnt use that
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline Jgamer

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 12:34:54 PM »
i want a structure, that has say.... 6 bays to keep in conformity with the game
and i want this stucture to upgrade one point of a vech, either armor, speed, hp, menuverabilty, payload, weapon dmage, weapon reload speed or something else i cant think of at the moment, it would cost and increasing amount of mettals to get each level one higher
Hum...
i just didn't understand anything...
Anyway...
Have we met before?
I think i've seen your nick around

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 12:44:37 PM »
has anyone read my long detailed post?  it took me a whole 5 minutes to write!!

5 MINUTES OF MY LIFE GONE WASTED DOWN THE DRAIN!!!! FOR MY SACRAFICE YOU BETTER READ IT!!!!!!!!1

whoa sry that was my evil phycotic twin typing

Offline zeritou

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 01:51:17 PM »
i read it beta and i like it, but i like mine better

and my reasononing for my structureis this: all the vechs would still upgrade through research but only to a point, i'm talking about upgrading them through construction, to up the armor, for instance, it would cost metals to make the armor and a few workers to put it on, but would be slowed down abit because of the weight AND you can just keep upgrading the armor till it could stand a nova up its exaust, or you could upgrade a nova lynx so that it can outrun all the other weapons, maybe even out run its own explosion...... but its armor would have to go down alot for it to be this fast, anyway, this could satisfy the people that want hero vechs because you culd just upgrade one vech stat at a time untill they all overlap and make a game winner, but this would have to take alot of time.

and no jgamer, i dont think i know you, but yes i do get around alot

edit: did second half, i ran outta time the first try
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 02:49:31 PM by zeritou »
how to insult a klingon:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline Jgamer

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 06:34:16 AM »
has anyone read my long detailed post?  it took me a whole 5 minutes to write!!

5 MINUTES OF MY LIFE GONE WASTED DOWN THE DRAIN!!!! FOR MY SACRAFICE YOU BETTER READ IT!!!!!!!!1

whoa sry that was my evil phycotic twin typing
Don't worry beta i read it.
Curious was that i had a similar idea but your seems pretty much better than mine

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 07:13:48 AM »
ic what your talking about, but if your going to have that, you must also have a mass dock and a mass upgrade option, Ive gotten so frustrated when I have to repair an entire army of over 100 tigers and I have to do it 1 at a time while the enemy is attacking (campain the one where you have no structure fact)

so if it has 6 bays, you should be able to mass click and they all go to dock 6 at a time, it would take a few seconds for the upgrade to complete, and than it would move out of the way so another can take its place

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 07:16:15 AM »
when you want it to go, you load it up with 10 colonists at the cc, they would then be put in stasis and would not die unless the unit itself is destroyed.

So this is supposed to be a extra  backup colony, incase of blight or lava right? well I seriously doubt 10 people could repopulate the planet. . .

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 07:25:25 AM »
well the numbers could be changed, this was a minimum amount, it takes 5 people to work at a cc 4 people to work at a structure fact,a nd 1 person to work at the agradome, I was thinking of because it would have a neursery and univeirty it may work but it would take a while

you are right, mabe 25 people, but it wouldnt be able to hold more than that

Offline zeritou

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 08:18:07 AM »
back to topic, i didnt put a mass upgrader on there for a reason, do you want to be 9 weapon damage upgrades behind the other guys WHOLE ARMY???

didnt think so, but would you be willing to have your whole army 9 weapon damage upgrades behind 6 tigers?   thats more balanced, the whole idea of a game is to have a challenge, not to make your army unstoppable, but to make some of it harder to stop
how to insult a klingon:

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 12:34:23 PM »
I dont exactly follow

Offline Marauder_Pilot

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 05:41:22 PM »
I wanna VTOL carrier so it doesn't take the better part of an hour for my ConVec to cross the damn map and set up a new Command Centre!

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 06:36:56 PM »
I beleave that is alredy been said to be in the game

Offline zeritou

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 06:40:49 PM »
whats a VTOL carrier?
how to insult a klingon:

xfir

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 06:41:45 PM »
VTOL = Vertical Take Off and Landing.

Refer to C&C games

In other words, a helicopter.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 06:45:04 PM »
vtol trans for vertical take off and landing

basicly it would be somthing that you could put your convec on, it would takeoff, fly to the area you want, and than it would land, and you would undock your convec

Offline Jgamer

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 09:24:29 AM »
Beta, knux is already doing that in his game so be happy your dream has become true

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2004, 09:53:15 PM »
VTOL = Vertical Take Off and Landing.

Refer to C&C games

In other words, a helicopter.
VTOL doesn't necessarily mean it's a helicopter,
There are many type of VTOL's Such as...

AV-8B Harrier Jump Jet,
Boeing JSF X-32B,
XC-142

Or the Russian...
Dasso "Balzak"
Dasso Mirage III-V
Bell Eagle Eye

There are many, but some that I did not mention were Never Used

Offline Maveric

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2004, 01:44:19 AM »
My dream unit/building (it can be either) would be a unit that opens up 6 tiles in a radius around it from the blight/lava.

For Plymouth, their lava-removing machine would be effective only against Lava, and for Eden their machine only stops the Blight. This way if blight and lava are both in multiplayer games or the campaign eden and plymouth have to either work together or steal the plans from one another.

Edens blight removal building takes 50 power to run (20 if it's a unit) and as said before opens up 6 tiles in a radius around itself. it's a 1 tile-large building (1 tile sized unit) so it wouldn't take up much space. it's always on, unless it's too heavilly damaged to function (at which point i hope you have a blight-resistant wall behind the thing) or disabled due to a lack of power or tube connectivity (if it's a building) the unit is slow to move, as well, until the scout-class chain-drive refit is researched.

The plymouth lava cooler takes up-to 10 common ore per tick as long as the building/unit has to remove lava (the chemical agent that instantly-cools the lava takes resources, you know. ;) ) it has to be connected by a tube and manned by 1 worker if it's a building. the unit moves slowly, until the scout-class chain-drive refit is researched.

both these units/buildings would REALLY help people who've run out of time, but they'd cost a fair bit of resources to implement, as well as moderately long research times. Fortunetly, it can be researched at the normal research lab however, they require rare ore. Why at the normal lab? Incase you lost your advanced lab, of course. :)

And if not those, then some sort of tube/wall intersection and a researchable "perminate blight/lava defense wall" and a burryable tube so you can affectively have two bases linked under a sea of lava or infecting blight. if a meteor strikes the tube or it breaks in a earthquake the lava/blight should flood through it though. :D  
That dude that seems to come out of the graveyard every once and a while to see if the OutPost is still alive is me...
One of these day's i just might have to bring it back with me.

Please, dont let that day come.

Offline selfdestruct

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 09:56:37 AM »
A small dream of mine for use of extreme emergancies would have to be a giant vehical robotic , heres what i mean, it would conform to any vehicals u would have lieing around that has not been killed by your opponent like for instance it would take 10 vehicals to form into the robot, there would be a master unit robot that would require all the vehicals and wepons platforms in the game to create a very slow but killer unit. but the research would be fro an upgrade in the robot command center, and new researches that u can have more than 100 units like it would be in stages like 25 , 50 , 100

plus i really like betarays idea and maverics idea also
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 10:01:05 AM by selfdestruct »
OUTPOST OBSESSION IS CONTAGIOUS

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 10:49:41 AM »
Mine has actually been made possible by OP2PATRIOT with the death button: an explosive that covers the entire screen.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline thegrinner

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2004, 09:24:15 PM »
a mobile vehicle construction facility.
oh, and it can build 6 vehicles at a time, has the capability to repair 6 other vehicles, and can act as a spaceport. it also can be a drop of point for ore.
"The only thing we have learned from history, is that we have not learned from history."
Actually, i think we learned 1 other thing: Explosions are COOL!!!