16 (41%)
Microbe
5 (12.8%)
Gemini
0 (0%)
New Haven (almost forgot...)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Which colony is the best?  (Read 47133 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Which colony is the best?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 11:08:03 PM »
ASnd for that same reason, a but ugly candidate with great ideas will never become pres:  people go by looks too much.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 03:44:47 AM »
I like Eden more, although I'm convinced that Plymouth is better.

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2004, 07:11:28 AM »
New Terra was dormant when they arrived.  When eden started terraforming that's when problems started.

1. Volcano - When the blight began to break down the crust, it gave the underlying magma a way to escape.  Thus we have volcanos.

2. Earthquake - Again.  From the blight.  The blight broke down some rock from the fault line, which caused the firm structure to be able to move more freely.  The plates would become caught on each other, causing tension. Soon, the elasticity of the rock was overcome, causing it to break.  Large amounts of energy were released, causing earthquakes.

3. Lighting Storm - The release of gas from the magma caused a medium for the storms to travel on.  Due to lack of moisture in other parts of the atmosphere, there was increased static electricity, causing lightning.

4. Vortex - Almost the same as the storms, but when a low and high pressure zone occur along a border, the zones slowly shift locations.  It speeds up causing tornadoes! :P

5. Meteorite - This one is a real natural disaster, but even we on earth cope with it. It's more durastic on New Terra, due to the lack of a thick atmosphere

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2004, 11:11:53 AM »
I forgot about meteors, lol
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2004, 07:35:01 PM »
Mmmm Meteor.
Something I made a while ago.

Phantom

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2004, 10:42:43 AM »
Plymouth is better because of two simple reasons,

1. Yes Eden can get Thor's Hammers, but Plymouth can capture a lot of them with EMP and Spiders.

2. The microwave is better than the laser. So you could easily beat a Eden player as long as you keep on top of reaserch.

And there may be other reasons that I haven't thought of yet, beu overall, Plymouth is better.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 12:43:41 AM by Phantom »

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2004, 04:59:27 PM »
Build a meteor defense or have enough thor's to defend again incomng spiders while the other thor's are disabled. Not hard to defend against an emp-spider attack.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2004, 05:11:01 PM »
Eden, Enough said.

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2004, 05:12:58 PM »
Lol, straight and to the point eh Kiith?
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Phantom

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2004, 12:43:26 AM »
Well, unless you use an emp missle on Eden's base, then that would put a damper in their defence.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2004, 06:06:44 AM »
A meteor defense can defend against EMP missles, not just meteors. And the EMP/spider combo I've almost never seen used effectively. Capturing a Thor's Hammer doesn't tend to work very well unless it's alone and then one Thor's Hammer usually wouldn't be much of a threat. Also, there are ways of evening things out between microwave and lasers so I don't think Plymouth really has much of an advantage there. Besides, My favourite levels are for Eden. (That's probably my biggest reason.)

Say, has anyone got caught in a Plymouth/Plymouth game where you just sent missles at each other until the cows came home? I've noticed Plymouth doesn't seem to have a way of defending against those.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2004, 03:47:10 PM »
A plymouth team verses an Eden team.  Enough said, plymouth wins.  Selfdestruct and I even tested that.  We each had 7 - 10 spaceports on la corridor, and we both aimed at the vehicles protected by a meteor defence, at about the same time.

Plus, Eden is controlled by people that are very corrupt and almost as bad as that 1 nut austrian nazi (I refuse to say the name of such an evil and corrupt man).  It is said so between the lines in both novellas.
CK9 in outpost

Phantom

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2004, 04:45:13 PM »
Lol, I see I'm not the only one!

And besides, if you have a bunch of emp panthers, not tigers, with upgraded rate of fire, you could easily capture an eden base.

cause I have done it b4.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 04:45:38 PM by Phantom »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2004, 06:18:35 PM »
I almost died in that game, had it not been for my thick-walled entrance that I made.
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2004, 08:18:29 AM »
CK9, your argument is invalid. If if you live long enough to build 3 or more space ports and can have them all up and running, then I would have at least 4-5 meteor defenses to protect my guys. But that is a big IF you live that long. Your test says that the eden player would only build one meteor defense to the plymoth's 3+ spaceports. So now that that point is shot down....I still say without a doubt, eden is much better.

Phantom

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2004, 10:44:59 AM »
However, it takes more time for eden to research Thor's hammers, then for plymouth to research EMP and Spiders (If you have two standard labs).

And a lot of emp panthers mixed with esg and stickfoam can easily overwhelm an oppononet.

I do however, like eden more when I am playing single player missions, on multiplayer though, it's plymouth.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2004, 10:47:23 AM »
No, that is incorrect.  I accidentally stumbled upon a research order that allowed me to have space ports long before the Eden players had Meteor defence.  and because I mine ALL becons in my area on that map, I had the resources (as well as the population to support it.  Ask anyone who has been my ally, the only time a building is disabled during a Last One Standing in my base is due to a power structure blowing up or an EMP attack).  And I used six of my ten missles on that.  Then I built a small army of ESG Tigers that I had on defence and Self and I took care of the Eden colonies.
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2004, 10:51:45 AM »
Your also assuming that all the player's thor's will be group all together. And if you fire more than one EMP missle, then one will hit, disable the vecs, then another will hit an re-enable them. If you have smart player (like me) and you only fire one missle, then I just shoot my own guys with my emp's and that way when the missle's hit, it just brings them back online. Plus, if the player is good, he'll have Thor's by mark 100 (I used to be able to) so no...an effective attack force of EMP missle and spider is not a proven method.

Come on now, give me an argument that I can't so easily shoot down. All of your arguments so far assume that the player is either

1. An absolute idiot
2. first game ever playing
3. CK9 (lol)

Phantom

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2004, 10:55:20 AM »
It usually takes 2 emp's to take out a Tiger, but since I have Panthers, they can usually last for that long.

I use panthers as opposed to Tigers because they cost less so you can get more for your money, plus it gives a lot of units.
(Especially if you have three vehicle factories)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2004, 10:58:09 AM »
Your also assuming that all the player's thor's will be group all together. And if you fire more than one EMP missle, then one will hit, disable the vecs, then another will hit an re-enable them. If you have smart player (like me) and you only fire one missle, then I just shoot my own guys with my emp's and that way when the missle's hit, it just brings them back online. Plus, if the player is good, he'll have Thor's by mark 100 (I used to be able to) so no...an effective attack force of EMP missle and spider is not a proven method.

Come on now, give me an argument that I can't so easily shoot down. All of your arguments so far assume that the player is either

1. An absolute idiot
3. CK9 (lol)
and you're assuming I only fire at one group.

I fired at one group untill they were sure that was my only target, then I fired at a different one.
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2004, 10:59:11 AM »
I get tiger's since they're dual turret. So I would probably beat you in a head to head match up even though I haven't played the game in over 2 and a half years.

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2004, 11:01:23 AM »

1. An absolute idiot
3. CK9 (lol)
and you're assuming I only fire at one group.

I fired at one group untill they were sure that was my only target, then I fired at a different one.
Of course, your assuming that

1. I'm not already firing at my unit to make them immune to EMP missle
2. I'm not already knocking on your door killing you
3. That I don't know how to play so that I've never seen any of your tricks before[/size]

Mainly #3 out of them all.

Phantom

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2004, 11:05:12 AM »
Well, the thing is, that tigers can only focus on one unit though, and since I could get a lot more panthers in the equivalent time to build your tigers, I think that that would be up for debate.

Once I get op2sock!!!!  :x:  

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2004, 11:07:30 AM »
But your panther's must take more shot's at my tiger than my tiger at your panther. So your panther would be dead before it could finish off my tiger. I would take 6 tiger's over 10 panther's any day.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2004, 11:07:53 AM »
Zeus, I was being attacked at the time.  That's why I fired the missles at his in-base units, to get the ones attacking me to disable themselves.  to quote a book that has taken a nice spot on my selves:
It is stratedgy that will win over sheer numbers and brute force.

plus, it would have taken 32 supernova's to destroy that wall enterance I had up.
CK9 in outpost