Poll

Do you think that Bush should use the 9/11 images in his re-election campaign?

Yes
10 (55.6%)
No
6 (33.3%)
I don't care, let the American's decide
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Bush's campaign Ad  (Read 7727 times)

Offline ZeusBD

Bush's campaign Ad
« on: March 04, 2004, 06:44:34 PM »
The ads, part of a multimillion dollar television blitz that began Thursday, describe President Bush's leadership as the country faced a series of challenges including "an economy in recession, a stock market in decline," the end of the dot-com boom and the September 11 attacks.

Some of the families of September 11 victims have criticized the decision to use images of the wreckage of the fallen twin towers in two of the spots.

The ads also show firefighters at the scene of the disaster, something that draw a rebuke from one firefighters' union.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that since he helped us (American's) through the crisis that he can show the images to remind us of what a great leader he was through those times, and still is.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

xfir

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 06:46:54 PM »
I will vote for Bush no matter what ads he runs, but I do feel that he shouldn't bring those memories back. Aren't we trying to get over the entire 9/11 thing and move on with our lives?

Offline ZeusBD

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 06:50:19 PM »
(OT) I know this is off topic, and you may delete it, but I just wanted to throw out there the September 11th was my 18th birthday. Try to imagine it supposed to be one of the greatest days of my life, I just became an adult, and that happen's. It really hit close to home, but through it all, Bush was a strong leader and he should be remembered for that.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Offline OP2Patriot

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 12:13:03 PM »
The public can often have a short memory. Another 9/11 can happen, and the public needs to be reminded. 9/11 is also not only an example of a disaster, but it will be remembered for the American public backing behind one president. On 9/11, America united.

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 07:19:32 AM »
I'd say yes.  If gore was president during 9-11, he would have used it for reelection. (Though he would have no chance of reelection. lol :) )

Offline Kal

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 10:42:13 PM »
I finally saw one of the ads, and I have to say I'm fine with them.  Yes, 9/11 was a national tragedy, but he did handle it well, and he may need to remind the public of that.

And, unions make me cringe.
"You have failed...our Colony is Doomed."

Offline Kal

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 09:34:29 AM »
Actually, I ran across this article today.  It's an opinion column for Time Magazine, that provides a good case for using 9/11 in the campaign.
"You have failed...our Colony is Doomed."

Offline ZeusBD

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 03:08:58 PM »
I just wish that people would just let him be. He has the right to do it, so let him do it. He didn't show anyone dead in the picture's, so why are the families offended?

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 06:09:51 PM »
I am for Bush showing the pictures of 9-11 in his campain, yes the public does need to be reminded of what those towelhead scumbuckets did to us, I cringe whenever I see or hear about people that oppose bush, and oppose war at all costs, although I respect their right to free speach, I still think they are a bunch of whiny hippies

if they got what they wanted, it would show the world that the US is able to be attacked with no fear of of reprisel, with us going to war in Afganistan and Iraq, it shows the world the exact opposite, that we will not tolerate terrism, have you notised that once we captured sadam, Libia, Pakastan, and North Korea have wanted to begin talkes about their WMD's?  That is exactly what the world needs.

but people forget that there are evil people in the world, people that have declared a relegous war against everything we hold dear, and they are willing to blow themselves up, as long as they kill us.

now I dont see how anyone who opposes Bush and the war, and thus is in a way helping the terrists, can call themselves Americans.

edit: other than the spelling errors, I think it was pretty good
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 06:31:43 PM by Betaray »
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline ZeusBD

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 11:46:16 PM »
I agree, except for the spelling error's that was pretty good. Your right about the WMD thing, but for some reason you'll never hear about most good things that he's done, because the people thinking he's done something wrong are more interesting (I think they're more ammusing with their views). They speak out more so the news flocks to them and then the American public thinks that that's what everyone's thinking.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 07:08:00 AM »
thats the problem, the press controls what the public sees, so if the press is one sided, the public will be fed one sided information, no doubt influencing how they vote.

so pretty much, whoever controls the press can control the country

whoa, it sounds like the plot of an old cold war novel
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline OP2Patriot

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 08:49:54 PM »
Actually, it is a part of the left wing New World Order conspiracy, to make things ready for the New World Order. (not most of you will believe in NWO, but I do think there is some liberal conspiracy out there)

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline ZeusBD

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 11:57:40 PM »
My step-dad believes in NWO. He says that the leaders of several countries and heads of news organizations and just powerful people are part of it. Through them the world is supposedly ran because they have the position's they need to get what they want. I don't believe in it, but who know's.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 08:59:36 PM »
Yes, it is a tragedy and America united, etc., but realize what he's showing us these ads for. To get people to vote for him. Using a tragedy in which over 3,000 people died to ploy people to vote for him is wrong.

Offline ZeusBD

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 11:46:14 PM »
He isn't using the ad's to remind us of the people that died (there are no picture's of dead people), it is a reminder that if the democrates take over, they want to pull all of our troops out of everywhere we are right now and that by doing that the terrorists will be free to do it again to us. Also it is reminding us of what strong leadership he has.

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 07:13:27 AM »
He isn't using the ad's to remind us of the people that died (there are no picture's of dead people), it is a reminder that if the democrates take over, they want to pull all of our troops out of everywhere we are right now and that by doing that the terrorists will be free to do it again to us. Also it is reminding us of what strong leadership he has.
Exactly, look at this pic. . .

Protecting our military families in times of war. . . well what about america?

Remember kids everyvote for Kerry is a vote for Satan.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 01:04:46 PM »
thats a bit extreme, Im pro Bush, but I dont think that saying if you vote for Kerryyou vote for the devil, I mean the people do have their freedom of speach, and if you want to vote for him you can, but if you do, your brain is probly cole-slaw

Offline plymoth45

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 06:33:09 PM »
i would rather say someones brain is probably spinich, and ain't no way you would get me to vote for kerry, he has said some things that I do not agree with.

Offline ZeusBD

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2004, 04:25:57 PM »
I agree, voting for Kerry is not voting for the devil. I think that it would be a bad desicion on everyone's part that did, but that is what this country is based on, a government ran for the people, by the people.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2004, 12:54:50 PM »
its just that some people beleave in talking heads, thats what kerry is, a talking head, he sais all this stuff he will do with this country, but he will do what clinton did, nothing

we need Bush, he practices what he preaches

xfir

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 03:20:57 PM »
I guess I think that as long as he steers away from the death, then its okay.

Also a note to any UK people reading this thread: if you don't have anything to say, then don't reply saying so.

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 09:09:43 PM »
Yeah i agree but he's not gonna show a scene from resident evil, it's just the flag

« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 09:14:15 PM by Luweeg64 »

Offline ZeusBD

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2004, 12:10:29 AM »
Well, the hype has calmed down over his using of the 9/11 pictures, so I don't think that it will hurt him as much as everyone thought, but it still just a dirty tactic used by the democrates.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2004, 07:03:39 PM »
the Democrats will do everything they can to get Kerry in the the White House, where he can do what Clinton did, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!!!

xfir

Bush's campaign Ad
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2004, 07:09:51 PM »
I think Kerry hurt himself by informing us that he will try to reduce overseas labor (as in US Companies building factories where labor is cheap) when in fact his family fortune (Heard of Heinz?) is based on overseas factories...