Author Topic: OutpostHD v0.8.7 Released!  (Read 1004 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
OutpostHD v0.8.7 Released!
« on: April 09, 2023, 10:06:50 PM »
It's been almost a year since the last release -- apologies for the bit of a hiatus. It was a rough year with a lot of set backs due to medical issues that are finally starting to resolve.

While not the big changes I wanted to add, this release addresses a few bugs and provides some quality of life balancing. The biggest difference you'll notice is a rebalance of the cost of structures and robots along with a slight increase to the yield of mines.

There is now also an official macOS app available from the GitHub releases page. Use the typical approach to installing macOS software -- mount the dmg disk image, drag OutpostHD into your Applications folder and you're good to go. You will need to allow the application to run through Security & Privacy as I don't yet have an Apple Developer ID to be able to sign executable code.

What's New
  • Basic cheat dialog window (can be brought up with Ctrl+Shift+F10)
  • FreeBSD configuration to be able to build OPHD from source

What's Changed
  • Resource values won't glow on first turn
  • Adjusted cost of structures
  • Adjusted cost of robots
  • Mine yields have been increased
  • PhysFS dependency removed
  • Factory list box will now only show progress bars if a factory is actually producing something
  • Alerts will be pushed if there are issues with Warehouse storage and capacity
  • Alerts will be pushed when tasks are completed for robots and construction
  • Alerts will be pushed when robot tasks are canceled
  • Factory Report now shows actual description of products instead of placeholder text
  • Moved factory product descriptions out of the code and into an external definition file
  • Improved exception error messages for better end-user reporting

Bugs Fixed
  • Command Center will no longer collapse if there is no maintenance facility
  • Game Over dialog's "Return to Main Menu" functions properly again
  • Fixed potential crashing with certain UI element event handlers not being properly disconnected
  • Fixed crashing in Factory Report view
  • Fixed potential crashing in event handling that could lead to memory corruption
  • Crime no longer generates until population is landed on the surface
  • Trying to build a tube on a non-bulldozed tile will now issue a warning

Gimme Gimme! Where do I get it?

Full release including assets available now on Github: https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/OPHD/releases/tag/v0.8.7

Many thanks and appreciation to those who have helped by posting suggestions and assisting with code development! Couldn't have done this without your efforts!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:55:51 AM by leeor_net »

Offline VileTerror

Hurray for OutpostHD!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 09:31:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about the medical issues, but I hope they are resolved at this point and things are much improved with everyone's health!

And thank you for continuing to develop this!  I've been seeing a lot more interest in this genre of game these days, and some wear their inspiration clearly on their sleeve (ie: 
).  The HD remake of the original Outpost is a noble pursuit, and you deserve kudos for your efforts!