Author Topic: Can't build anything because I run out of Common Metals...  (Read 1049 times)

Offline SNS22

Can't build anything because I run out of Common Metals...
« on: November 28, 2022, 04:57:10 PM »
I don't remember having this problem in the Original game...

After landing everything and clearing space around the command site, I built a smelter, and use Communication towers to reach a mine site and built a mine. But my common metals never increased and the smelter never did any processing. The mine states that 1 truck was being used, but in the corner was a box that states "NOT IMPLEMENTED"

So, at this point I can't do very much because my colony dies because I can't build anything other than the Smelter and some tubes.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: Can't build anything because I run out of Common Metals...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 04:19:58 PM »
Hey,

Sorry about the delayed response. I tend to hang around in our Discord more than on the forums these days.

So first thing, the "Not Implemented" image is just a placeholder... kind of an inside joke from the original game. It's purely cosmetic.

The common metals thing is mostly a balancing issue (going to be rebalancing costs in the next release). In the mean time, there are a few things you need to do. Build a couple of extra trucks and assign them to your mine. If you land near two or three mines even better -- closer distances help out a lot in getting resources.

Hold off on building a second smelter until your old one is nearing its end of life (around 150 turns).

You'll need to build storage tanks for processed materials to be stored in. Your Command Center can only hold ~62 or so of each refined resource type so building a storage tanks is really necessary.

Once you have enough resource storage, you can bulldoze all of your landers (including SEED Lander) to get an extra boost in the beginning.

Making dirt roads and paved roads helps move along your resources a lot faster than if there are no roads.

As an aside, I've been developing with the balancing for 'hard' mode so it's pretty unforgiving at the moment (a bit too unforgiving). When difficulty is implemented the game will get a lot less hostile for easy and medium modes.

Hopefully this helps!