Author Topic: Tact Filters  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Tact Filters
« on: November 18, 2020, 04:50:51 AM »
I came across this interesting and short musing on Tact Filters:
http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/tact.html

Thought other people here might appreciate it.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: Tact Filters
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 11:16:29 AM »
... the tact thing... It's something I've been learning at some great cost. I'm often described as abrupt and tactless. But... I'm just trying to get to the point. I've gotten to the point that I explain that I don't sugar coat or beat around the bush, I'm direct and if it comes across as me being an asshole to just approach me about it and let me know that I'm 'being a dick'.

Offline tigerstorms

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 01:52:37 PM »
An interesting read. as someone who was bullied and had an old fashioned parent I feel like I can relate to both sides of this theory being able to understand when people are saying and trying to say at the same time, while being able to understand people's feeling when they use the words they say. patience is key to understanding anyone you want to communicate with and I feel that's something we've all lost as tech has made things faster and faster to get what we want.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 03:01:04 PM »
I go through phases, where sometimes I get really into some tech stuff, and don't talk to people much for long periods of time, and then when I do start talking to people again, I feel like my social skills have atrophied.