Author Topic: Anything better than OP2Mapper?  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Anything better than OP2Mapper?
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
I may be wrong but I thought I'd heard there was a replacement for OP2Mapper.  Is this true and if so, is it available for download yet?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: Anything better than OP2Mapper?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 05:17:48 PM »
Not exactly. I did a prototype editor using code based on a tile editor I built for another game I made. It was more of a proof of concept than anything else.

I would like to more fully flesh it out. You can grab a copy of the repository here: https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/op2-landlord

Seems I unlinked myself by removing myself from the OutpostUniverse group on GitHub during one of my episodes. I should probably fix that at some point.

Anyway, I'm not sure which version of NAS2D it builds against (dependency hell, yeesh).

Ultimately I'd like to rebuild the editor using C# instead of C++ with a native GUI interface. We should be able to get the C++ modules to interop with C++ to work for loading maps without having to rewrite tons of code.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Re: Anything better than OP2Mapper?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 03:44:17 PM »
The most recent commit on master of NAS2D which is compatible with op2-landlord is:
9e6855a86546a90bde70a97698c0387f93f7f5db

GitHub Pull-Request for Submodule reference:
Add NAS2D submodule #1

@leeor_net, you've been invited back to the OutpostUniverse organization.

I noticed you have a version of the repository on your personal account, which appears to be older. The Pull-Request defaulted to the original repository.

Edit: Oh, and side note. With some very minor modifications, the project builds on Linux. The one main problem is the call to freopen_s. It seems this method is a C11 extension, and many C++17 libraries still only reference C99. Switching out the call to use freopen (the non-secure version) allows the code to compile on Linux. I suspect that would result in a compiler warning on Windows though, due to the use of the non-secure version.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:50:28 PM by Hooman »